Does the game gets better?

Pavani_

I'm on chapter 3, with about 24 hours of gameplay and i can't touch this game anymore, the sidequests are horrible, even the hunts aren't good enough to keep me playing, it just feels like i'm walking miles for nothing. There is a ton of worthless sidequests, you complete them, looking for the good ones and all you get are copies of the horrible ones you already did. The battle system feels stupid too, does anything changes by advancing with the main questline?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DezuReborn said:

The game only gets worse the longer you play IMO, especially because the second half of the story is awful and the combat gets tedious after a while due to a lack of depth. I wish I could've told you something positive.

Oh well, i was expecting it, thanks.

I recommend you simply progress through the main story. If you're not having fun with all the trivial open-world nonsense, it's probably the best thing you can do. The second half of the game is pretty much on-rails and much more story-driven. I'm not gonna go into detail on how poor the storytelling is, but if you don't like the optional content and gameplay, the story is pretty much the only thing that can save it for you at this point.

What did you expect. But really you dont have to do any of those things. Just progress the story...you can finish the game in less than 20hrs. And are you playing on wait mode? Change it to realtime if havent yet. I find wait more annoying that the other. But really. If those sidequests feel tedious and boring, just dont do them. I feel XV is the only FF that dont push you to grind.

Just progressing the story won't get you there IMO. I feel like you will be under leveled. I was over the suggested level for quests since I strategically stacked my exp and still had problems. Invest more the the ascension grid. You will also need almost all the side quests to "efficiently" level up and even then you will have to hoard exp and strategically rest your party. I played on normal from start to the platinum trophy. 88.5 hours of the same junk getting progressively worse. Maybe it is better on easy? Idk. I'm done now and can move on.

58 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

What did you expect. But really you dont have to do any of those things. Just progress the story...you can finish the game in less than 20hrs. And are you playing on wait mode? Change it to realtime if havent yet. I find wait more annoying that the other. But really. If those sidequests feel tedious and boring, just dont do them. I feel XV is the only FF that dont push you to grind.

Nope, not using wait mode, guess i'll just rush everything.

Chapter 3 is basically the equivalent of the Hinterlands in Dragon Age: Inquisition where a lot of players ended up doing side quest after side quest and never continued the story and just stopped playing lol

I say just ignore the side quests for now because I can only assume you're really overleveled for anything the story quests are going to throw at you, so you may as well just focus on the story quests for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah someone told me that the second half was way better but I have to disagree. It had some really boring moments and moments that sort of veered away from the game itself.

The ending was decent though, it was cool looking at least. I lost interest in the story very quickly though.

Have no intentions to buy anymore FF after this one though unless FF9 gets remade.

On 3/26/2017 at 7:06 PM, LegacyJKO09 said:

i enjoyed it for what it was. Much better than Last Guardian thats for sure. best FF? no. but its far from the worst. (9 is the worst, then 7... yeah 7!)

if you like 9 and 7 are the worst i cant imagine what you'd consider the best... ffxiii lightning returns i bet

• Like 2

On 27.3.2017 at 3:06 AM, LegacyJKO09 said:

i enjoyed it for what it was. Much better than Last Guardian thats for sure. best FF? no. but its far from the worst. (9 is the worst, then 7... yeah 7!)

What the actual fuck. IX is the worst?

You must be really fun at parties. With your heart consisting of ice and stuff y'know.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2017 at 11:40 AM, angelgrievous said:

The side quest are optional.  If you're not having fun doing them then don't do them.  It is entirely possible to complete the game without doing them.  Well, there may be some you have to do I'm not sure but unless you want the plat don't do all those side quest.  

No they aren't.... not if you want to get plat trophy.  You must do 80 sidequests. 

I'm with the OP on this one...

On 1/11/2017 at 10:05 AM, linkdevivo said:

maybe its because you're not advancing through the story. 25 hours in and still on chapter 3? the first 2/3 of the game are by far the best the game has to offer. If you don't like it you will DESPISE chapter 13.

Yes, that's how long it takes if you're doing all the sidequests. 

• 2 months later...

While I had a fine time with the game overall, I didn't feel the game got better as it went on because, though I usually prefer linearity over open worlds, the linearity (combined with often being split up with team members) severely limited your options and the "flow" of the game throughout gameplay.

That said, the best piece of content in the game in my opinion is an optional platforming dungeon called Pitioss, and it can only be accessed after finishing the game, so in that sense it does get better.

I just finished Pitioss (after I got lured back into the game by the new update) and I have to say, Pitioss filled me with respect for this game I didn't have yet. The level design, puzzle ideas, look and feel, almost everything (only its irregular checkpoints and 2D-but-not-really section were lowpoints for me) are surprisingly spectacular and excellent.