Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

Got the mid month update done.  And I noticed that nearly everyone started some games with varying levels of progress.  As for me, I decided to take a break from FFX HD and am playing Ys Origin since it came out for Vita recently and I loved the game on PC and didn't mind trying to 100% it again since this set didn't have the hell of beating nightmare time attack with every version of every character like PC did (so never will do that again).  I've already beaten the game with all three characters and am just working on the misc trophies that have to do with arena mode and then I'll tackle nightmare difficulty with EX Hugo first.  I'm really hoping the buy all the items in the bonus shop doesn't include Yunica's school girl outfit and the bonus arena stage since that would mean three nightmare runs rather than just one.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if I've done much to warrant an update. I haven't really checked and noted down my progress so far. Just working on completing Final Fantasy 13-2 before the end of the month. Heading into Summer holiday, I might concentrate on completing Vita games. I've been wanting to finally plat LittleBigPlanet vita and start Danganronpa 2: Good-bye Despair. 

From there, I'll work on 1 of my PS4 games that I recently bought.

• Like 1

This month I'm doing Arkham Origins (raised from C to A) while chipping away bounties in Diablo III: RoS (mixed with rifts). I may return to GTA V in the end of June to get rid of that annoying letter E. So I'm still doing fine without adding any new games, and trophies keep coming daily.

Added a new game to my PSN list: Dragon Quest Builders. Finished the tutorial, and that's all I'll do for now. Just wanted to experience some of the gameplay. Right now I'm working on Final Fantasy 13-2. I finished the story earlier today, and I gotta say, the ending was beautiful. I really enjoyed the cinematics. I have a bunch of stuff to do before I get the plat though. Unfortunately, I'm missing 2% from one of the maps and that might take some time. I also have to defeat Long Gui, complete the bestiary, collect 29 more fragments, etc. Hoping to get the plat by the end of the weekend. 

I'm going to start Lightning Returns - I mean watch the opening scenes. Since January, I've been platting my older games, and now I'm ready to do clear my more from my backlog as opposed to the older games on my PSN list. So, I'm going to/will be adding more games in the next few months, then go back to playing games from my PSN list. 

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Added a new game to my PSN list: Dragon Quest Builders. Finished the tutorial, and that's all I'll do for now. Just wanted to experience some of the gameplay.

Glad to see another convert to the Alefgard Builders Association! ^_^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm going to start Lightning Returns - I mean watch the opening scenes. Since January, I've been platting my older games, and now I'm ready to do clear my more from my backlog as opposed to the older games on my PSN list. So, I'm going to/will be adding more games in the next few months, then go back to playing games from my PSN list. 

I'm annoyed that I haven't finished that yet, I need to find a cheap copy somewhere.

In other news, I'm going to have to halt my additions to my account as I am on 399 games and I should get some of the 270ish games I haven't finished yet done before starting on anything new. First on the agenda is to do Kings Quest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm annoyed that I haven't finished that yet, I need to find a cheap copy somewhere.

In other news, I'm going to have to halt my additions to my account as I am on 399 games and I should get some of the 270ish games I haven't finished yet done before starting on anything new. First on the agenda is to do Kings Quest.

The same goes for me. It's only this year that I've really started playing/finishing the trilogy. I've had these games in my backlog for years. Good luck cleaning up...say what?! 270 games. Right, yeah, good luck! 

8 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

The same goes for me. It's only this year that I've really started playing/finishing the trilogy. I've had these games in my backlog for years. Good luck cleaning up...say what?! 270 games. Right, yeah, good luck! 

Hey, at least he's trying. You gotta start somewhere. ;)

Another game out of my backlog! Final Fantasy 13-2. The story is so much better than the first. A lot of questions were answered, and I learned more about the whole history and myth surrounding the FF13 games. A few things I don't understand, and I hope will be mentioned in the 3rd.

Anyway, I think Noel makes a better partner for Serah. Snow seems to be, imho, to into himself. Very off-putting.

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Another game out of my backlog! Final Fantasy 13-2. The story is so much better than the first. A lot of questions were answered, and I learned more about the whole history and myth surrounding the FF13 games. A few things I don't understand, and I hope will be mentioned in the 3rd.

Anyway, I think Noel makes a better partner for Serah. Snow seems to be, imho, to into himself. Very off-putting.

Good stuff. I need to buckle down and do FFXIII but can't seem to stick to it.

What kind of things were you hoping for answers?

12 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Good stuff. I need to buckle down and do FFXIII but can't seem to stick to it.

What kind of things were you hoping for answers?

Well...

Why Etro had to die, for one thing. And why did she leave the one piece that could keep her alive with Caius. What really happened with Alyssa?

Some of the story doesn't even make any sense.

Well, looks like 2017 is half way through, but not too much in terms of progress for this old cat in June. Still, trophies keep coming without new games added. There was a 10-trophy setback with the release of Necromancer pack for Diablo III: RoS, so I'll have to attend to it at some point.

July is going to be business as usual. Batman will keep me busy for a while with challenge maps in Arkham Origins, no easy task for me crooked paws. Meanwhile I snuck back into Witcher 3's world. Maybe I'll add something from Zen Pinball 2, and GTA V is also calling me via Trophy Advisor. Not that many games and trophy sets to complete but so much to do...

Monthly update: Platted 2 games this month. Started 2 new events recently, Kill Your Completion: Create Your Own Adventure and a VR and UR trophies race event. So I don't think I'll end up with better stats for July, but I'll try my best.

S - 58

A - 5

B - 0

C - 2

D - 2

E - 9

F - 6

Games Played: 82

Completion: 78.40%

Unearned Trophies: 674

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

July is going to be business as usual. Batman will keep me busy for a while with challenge maps in Arkham Origins, no easy task for me crooked paws. Meanwhile I snuck back into Witcher 3's world. Maybe I'll add something from Zen Pinball 2, and GTA V is also calling me via Trophy Advisor. Not that many games and trophy sets to complete but so much to do...

I usually ignore the Trophy Advisor most of the time. :D Good luck on your gaming in July!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

I usually ignore the Trophy Advisor most of the time. :D Good luck on your gaming in July!

I do as well.  It just lists the trophies in order of least rare to most rare, which can suggest what trophies would be easy to earn next but that's not always the case.

For example, the second trophy in my advisor is the one for finishing the Timeless River episode in KH 2.5 Final Mix.  I'm still not far in the game, just got to the first visit to Beast's Castle last I played it and probably have about 5-6 hours of play until I get to Timeless River if I'm remembering correctly.  If I want a quick trophy, I'm better off popping in htoL#NiQ or Muramasa Rebirth.  Or maybe even FFX or FFX-2.  Some games just have trophies come way slower, but a good portion of players actually get pretty far in the game.

• Like 1

End of the month update

Started two new games, Crash Bandicoot on last day of month (release) and adventure capitalist somewhere during the month. Got a new "hi-score" for the amount of trophies in a month 152! Did alot of trophy cleaning and while doing that i got some better grades on the games i played :) 

Got rid of 4 E ranks still some more to get some more trophies in. And Starting up crash caused me to get +2 F ranks since i only played the first crash bandicoot yet. 

All in all a very good month for me!

In July i probably start some more new games as i will get alot "new" ones since ill trade in alot games i completed or got digital by now for other games. 

Here my stats (1 july) compared to june 3

Current stats / goal

S: 29 +2 / 30

A: 36 +4 / 40

B: 15 -1 / 20 

C: 16 +1 / 14
D; 3 
-1 / 0
E: 10 
-4 / 0
F: 4 +2 / 0

Completion: 51.28% + 2.47% 

# of games played: 113 + 3 

# of completed games: 29 + 2

# of unearned trophies: 2381 - 117

Trophies per day: 0.92 + 0.04

World rank: 111241 - 10815

Country rank: 1598 - 157

Trophy rarity:  46.11%  -1.03%

In the spoilers my previous end of the month updates

Spoiler

3 june stats compared with 17 april stats

Current stats / goal

S: 27 +1 / 30

A: 32 +1 / 40

B: 16 -1 / 20 

C: 15 = / 14
D; 4 = / 0
E: 14 +1 / 0
F: 2 = / 0

Completion: 48.81% + 1.04% 

# of games played: 110 + 2 

# of completed games:  27 + 1

# of unearned trophies:  2498 - 19

Trophies per day:  0.88 + 0.02

World rank:  122056 - 7447

Country rank: 1755 - 104

Trophy rarity:  47.14%  - 0.14%

Spoiler

Stats 17 april compared with start

Current stats / goal

S: 26 +2 / 30

A: 31 +2 / 40

B: 17 / 20 

C: 15 -1 / 14
D; 4 = / 0
E: 13 +2 / 0
F: 2 = / 0

Completion: 47.77% +0.74%

# of games played: 108 +4

# of completed games: 26 +2

# of unearned trophies: 2517 +32

Trophies per day: 0.86 + 0.02

World rank: 129503 -11292

Country rank: 1859 - 160 

Trophy rarity: 47.28% - 0.32% 

Spoiler

Stats when i found/joined this challenge (4 april 2017)

S: 24

A: 29

B: 17

C: 16

D :5

E: 11

F: 2

Completion: 47.03%

# of games played: 104

# of completed games: 24

# of unearned trophies: 2485

Trophies per day: 0.84

World rank: 140795

Country rank: 2019

Trophy rarity: 47.6%

Edited by ghostly-legend
  • Like 1

Happy Canada Day everyone! As the second half of the year begins, a few new events have begun and my trophy hunting has been reinvigorated. With the start of the Platinum Race of Pride and Season 19 of the THL, I now have even more reasons to start earning trophies. Thankfully I was able to clear up a few older games in my backlog as a result of preparing for the race, while also managing to raise my completion % back up over 65%. In terms of trophy grades, I've managed to hit 90 S ranks, leaving me 10 away from hitting my goal for the year, although the rest of my grades remain relatively unchanged somehow. And of course, due to PS+ and the sales from the past few weeks, my unstarted backlog grew once again, this time going from 79 to 91. At this point I've pretty much failed at my goal of reducing my unstarted games, but at least I've been able to go through my games at a pace I never have befre :). Anyways, here's the rest of my updated stats:

S: (Updated 90, Goal 100+) (Up 4)

A: (Updated 51, Goal ≤50) (Down 1)

B: (Updated 8, Goal 10) (No Change)

C: (Updated 11, Goal ≤10) (No Change)

D; (Updated 16, Goal ≤5) (No Change)

E: (Updated 25, Goal ≤5) (Up 1)

F: (Updated 2, Goal 0) (No Change)

Completion: (Updated 65.06%, Goal 70%+) (Up 0.77%)

Unstarted Games: (Updated Current 91, Goal 25) (Up 12)

• Like 2

Progress dropped a bit this month, and will probably do so again in July after KYC.

Didn't really do much - made a little progress in Infamous and got a handful of trophies in Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3. It may have knocked my percentage down, but I'm happy to cross off the online for a dead game.

Flew to Texas for a week to visit my grandparents, then started up some medical stuff that's been leaving me fried.

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Thanks, and good luck to you too! :dance:

As for the Trophy advisor, I don't pay much attention to it myself. But when a single game has 10+ trophies in a row on top, it's a sign ?

Okay, got the monthly update done and if anyone notices any issues of course please let me know.

As far as my progress, I finished my nightmare run with EX Hugo in Ys Origin.  Turns out that yes the one for buying all the bonus shop items includes the seventh arena stage and Yunica's schoolgirl outfit so I'm working on my last two nightmare runs now.  All I have left is grinding to level 60 on a save, one of them is at level 56.  I've been just putting on Game of Thrones and grinding away while I watch an episode, average about 5,000 XP per episode when I need about 16,000 per level here.  As far as nightmare runs go, I have Yunica and Toal left.  I just got Yunica to the Blighted Blood (fifth out of six areas total) and Toal to the Guilty Fire (third out of six areas).  Toal is way harder, especially on nightmare because he's got some brutally hard early game bosses, but I know once I get past the boss I'm at now with him the rest of it will be smooth sailing until I have to grind a lot for the true final boss, especially because this version of the game has hellish slowdowns on that boss.  After I finish Ys Origin, I'm going to buckle down a bit and work on the remaining E, D and C ranks since September is going to be a fun month for new releases with Ys VIII and Cold Steel 3 coming out (in Japan, I'm seriously considering importing it instead of waiting for the year or more it likely will take to be localized).

And just as a reminder, there won't be a mid-month update this month since I'm moving to a new apartment on the 15th.

• Like 4

@ladynadiad How is Ys: Origin? Is it difficult to platinum? Anything missable? I bought the game a while ago on PS4 and might want to play it soon. Well, after beating and/or completing most of the games I'm playing right now. That's Toukiden Kiwami and Final Fantasy XV. Then there's Final Fantasy XII with a July 11th release date. That could get in the way as well.

As for my monthly update, here's what I did:

Got 100% in Magic 2014. Sadly, that's the last Magic game on Sony's hardware.

Got the plat in Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. After Tears to Tiara II, I expected a lot more from this game, but it didn't fully deliver. It's not a bad game, I merely expected more. The battle system doesn't really work at times and the story and characters are more than a tad annoying every now and then.

Got to 100% and obtained the plat in Bloodborne. With a few exceptions, it's a great addition to the Soulsborne series. One of the exceptions is the Cursed and Defiled Chalice Dungeon. The player's health is reduced to 50% in the dungeon. The normal enemies are perfectly doable, but pretty much all bosses one shot the player, making it way more difficult than it should be. At least give us the chance to survive one attack.

Started Final Fantasy XV and got 25% of the trophies. The roadtrip atmosphere works better than expected and the battle system seems more polished than in Episode Duscae. Didn't make it past chapter 3 so far due to me playing Toukiden Kiwami with friends and on my own, so I'll hold off on my final judgement for the time being.

Got some challenging trophies in Toukiden: Kiwami out of the way. That includes beating a Cimmerian King on Ultimate difficulty with no armor or companions and beating an Expert-difficulty Oni without armor, companions or Mitama.

My plans for this month are the plat in Toukiden: Kiwami and maybe Final Fantas XV if I feel like going back to the game after Toukiden. Some short games here and there are always a possibility, but that's basically all for July as of now.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, viech54 said:

How is Ys: Origin? Is it difficult to platinum? Anything missable? I bought the game a while ago on PS4 and might want to play it soon. Well, after beating and/or completing most of the games I'm playing right now. That's Toukiden Kiwami and Final Fantasy XV. Then there's Final Fantasy XII with a July 11th release date. That could get in the way as well.

It's a good game, but not such a hot port.  I hear the PS4 version has fixed some of the issues though, the Vita version is still a mess.  There aren't any missable trophies because you can go back to earlier parts of the tower if you missed something.  It's not an easy platinum, but a lot will depend on your skill level.  I played it on PC before and it's a way harder 100% on PC than the platinum on here is.  I'd estimate probably about 100 hours to platinum and six playthroughs minimum, though it can vary highly depending on your skill.  I admit, my own estimate may not be perfect since I'm familiar with the game and already knew where to find everything and what strategies worked for all the bosses for every character.  The only really hard trophies are the ones to beat nightmare time attack and to beat all six stages of arena mode on nightmare difficulty, and even those aren't too bad because you only need to do it with one character so you can pick the one you play best as.  The max level and bonus shop ones are a bit on the grindy side, but nothing too obnoxious.  It's fair, but not a short and easy trophy and it likely will remain ultra rare.

31 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

It's a good game, but not such a hot port.  I hear the PS4 version has fixed some of the issues though, the Vita version is still a mess.  There aren't any missable trophies because you can go back to earlier parts of the tower if you missed something.  It's not an easy platinum, but a lot will depend on your skill level.  I played it on PC before and it's a way harder 100% on PC than the platinum on here is.  I'd estimate probably about 100 hours to platinum and six playthroughs minimum, though it can vary highly depending on your skill.  I admit, my own estimate may not be perfect since I'm familiar with the game and already knew where to find everything and what strategies worked for all the bosses for every character.  The only really hard trophies are the ones to beat nightmare time attack and to beat all six stages of arena mode on nightmare difficulty, and even those aren't too bad because you only need to do it with one character so you can pick the one you play best as.  The max level and bonus shop ones are a bit on the grindy side, but nothing too obnoxious.  It's fair, but not a short and easy trophy and it likely will remain ultra rare.

Thanks for your input, that pretty much answered all of my questions. How is it compared to Memories of Celceta? The platinum in MoC was not that hard, if it's something like that, it's no problem.

8 hours ago, viech54 said:

Thanks for your input, that pretty much answered all of my questions. How is it compared to Memories of Celceta? The platinum in MoC was not that hard, if it's something like that, it's no problem.

Memories of Celceta is completely easy mode compared to Origin.  Ys Origin would compare more to Oath in Felghana PSP/PC and Ark of Napishtim PSP/PS2/PC if you ever played any of those.  And Oath in Felghana is probably one of, if not the hardest game in the whole series.