Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

Ugh. So...

47L21dee0.png

One of my S-Ranks demoted back to an A-rank because of this. My 50th platinum and the long-awaited Risky Boots DLC drops It's only 5 trophies and I like the added content, but this is why I don't plat LEGO Batman or Avengers on PS4 - because of all the stupid DLC trophies! *sigh* ?

• 2 weeks later...

Random Milestone Update:

Star Wars Force Unleashed II

L6f2429.png

S-Rank #100

I have now 100 fully completed games on my profile. Next up is 100 platinums. Only 8 more to go. I should knock out at least 1 or 2  more this month,. Which means that huge milestone will come next month. Starting to think about what I want for that milestone. I had Marvel Ultimate Alliance as #50 so I might make Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 # 100. Maybe or I might go for a longer game like Resonance of Fate that I have put off for so long. Will have to think on this.

• Like 3

Unusually productive so far. Got back over 70%, got Assassin's Creed Unity and The Deadly Tower of Monsters just shy of an S rank (they'll be there later this month), started and did the same with Game of Thrones, and just marathoned Batman: Arkham City today - beat the game and got it to an A rank, where it's likely to stay forever/a while. Not confident with my skill or patience to get all those challenge maps and riddle trophies done.

Woo, progress!  :dance:

• Like 1

TROPHY RANKS AS OF AUGUST 17, 2017

Hello there, long time lurker I love reading this stuff as a former addict seeking his addiction again. TrueTrophies had this stat crushing bean dive last year and well haha my stats have been depressingly bad for a year. Setting some impossible goals as this is my busiest work time for the year but I'm really wanting to return to my achievement hunting roots...though I still might be scarred for life on boosting after Dark Sector on x360

S (50) Goal: 60
    A (75) Goal: 100
    B (36) Goal: 50
    C (56) Goal: 50
    D (52) Goal: 50
    E (223) Goal: 200
    F (113) Goal: 100

Spoiler

Completion: 27.00%
# of games played: 605
# of completed games: 50
# of unearned trophies: 10,966
Trophies per day: 1.76
World rank: 46,253
Country rank: 12,583

• Like 1

Not much progress for me lately, even had to add a new game (Game of Thrones) for easy trophies. I'll try to obtain more trophies from my older games by the end of August, but I don't play that much and most of the time it's exploration in Witcher 3.

Today and yesterday were my huge gaming days, and I got Gravity Rush S ranked woo. Loved the game but those DLCs were pain. Won't get another real shot with time to game until tuesday :X

S (50) > 51 Goal: 60
    A (75) > 74 Goal: 100
    B (36) > 37 Goal: 50
    C (56) > 55 Goal: 50
    D (52) Goal: 50
    E (223) Goal: 200
    F (113) Goal: 100

Hide contents

Completion: 27.00% > 27.07%
# of games played: 605
# of completed games: 51 (+1)
# of unearned trophies: 10,952 (-14)
Trophies per day: 1.76
World rank: 46,253 > 46,244
Country rank: 12,583

• Like 1

Random Update:

50th Platinum for the year

L3bb7d8.png

Can't believe I hit 50 platinums this year. To put it into context, I got my PS4 in November of 2013 and as of January 2017, I only had 45 platinums total. This is a huge jump for me this year. Really enjoying playing so many different kinds of games. Now I am 3 away from 100 platinums.

• Like 2

Once again not much progress for this month, but I had family over so that's a valid excuse. I hope to get more done in September. I won't provide an update yet. Playing Cold Steel 2, and I might be able to get to Rank D. It's pretty amazing that it has such a high average completion percentage for such a niche game.

With that said, I might have to play some easier game just to make myself feel a bit better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Once again not much progress for this month, but I had family over so that's a valid excuse. I hope to get more done in September. I won't provide an update yet. Playing Cold Steel 2, and I might be able to get to Rank D. It's pretty amazing that it has such a high average completion percentage for such a niche game.

With that said, I might have to play some easier game just to make myself feel a bit better.

It's because CS2 is a sequel, so the people playing it are pretty much devoted to the series and much more likely to finish the game than people playing the first.  It's also a much less picky platinum so it's no surprise a better number of players got it.

So how did you like the intermission?  That is so one of the highlights of the game

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

It's because CS2 is a sequel, so the people playing it are pretty much devoted to the series and much more likely to finish the game than people playing the first.  It's also a much less picky platinum so it's no surprise a better number of players got it.

So how did you like the intermission?  That is so one of the highlights of the game

Really cool! I mean super awesome especially

when Rean finally discovers how to control his power and uses it! So far Mcburn is my favorite character, and I found his conversation more interesting than the others, followed by Altina, Xeo and Leonidas, and Duvalie. 

I really can't wait for the 3rd installment. And now I finally understand why Nihon Falcom has decided to have it on the PS4. Great graphics on the Vita, but rps drops during the more action-y parts of the story.

18 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I always get confused with the bonding trophies. Just to ask, do I have to have all the characters at Link level 7 AND  fulfill an event criteria? The guide isn't too specific about it. I do plan do to it in 2 playthroughs.

18 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Really cool! I mean super awesome especially

Hide contents

when Rean finally discovers how to control his power and uses it! So far Mcburn is my favorite character, and I found his conversation more interesting than the others, followed by Altina, Xeo and Leonidas, and Duvalie. 

I really can't wait for the 3rd installment. And now I finally understand why Nihon Falcom has decided to have it on the PS4. Great graphics on the Vita, but rps drops during the more action-y parts of the story.

Hmm, so I wonder if you'll keep the same favorite by the end of the game but I'm sure my avatar gives away that I'm a fan of McBurn too and his interactions with Duvalie are always a delight.  And so agreed on the Vita's capabilities in this game.  There's two battles in the finale where it is obvious even to someone like me that the poor Vita can't handle it.  Both of them are easy to make jokes about too.

Spoiler

Put simply, McBurn's demon form is too much for the Vita to handle.  Major slowdowns when he transforms, but damn is that one of the best scenes in the game in my opinion and the Vita does do its best and actually handles all of that pretty well despite the slowdowns.  Thankfully its a cutscene so it only made it really hard to screencap that well.

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I always get confused with the bonding trophies. Just to ask, do I have to have all the characters at Link level 7 AND  fulfill an event criteria? The guide isn't too specific about it. I do plan do to it in 2 playthroughs.

Link level 6 for class VII and Sara.  Towa and Alfin have lower requirements that is about halfway between 5 and 6, you probably won't get Alfin until second playthrough, but you might get Towa on first.  You'll get 7 when you get the bonding trophy.

Also in good news, it's really easy to do the method to boost link experience by 1600 for class VII members and run through a particular scene many times so you should be able to get a good majority of the characters.

Edited by ladynadiad

For the first time I broke through 200 trophies in a month, with 207, including 3 platinums bringing my total to 15.

The good thing about the community events on here is deadline driven motivation to play a lot of games!  The Summer Backlog Challenge finished yesterday and in the last 5 days I've achieved another 7 S ranks, bringing me up to 37.

It took me just 3 years and 7 months to complete Lego Marvel Super Heroes, the story was your usual amusing tribute, but the gold bricks were an excessive amount of grind.

Next up was Back to the Future, if anyone is a fan of the movies I strongly recommend playing this game, trophy wise it's a bit annoying that it's impossible without a guide - for example too many times you must choose an exact sequence of dialog options - but story wise it was a perfect fit for the fun story telling in the movies, I rewatched the movies before playing and was very impressed at how much it felt like a natural extension of those.

Having completed the story months ago I went back and did all the Riddler puzzles in Batman Arkham VR, which didn't take much longer than the initial play through.  I'll be keeping that game on my hard drive to show off VR to visitors.

Finally in the Summer challenge I played through Jurassic Park, another Telltale episodic series, but unlike most of their output this one was very QTE based, with most of the trophies being awarded for perfecting QTE sequences - thankfully Telltale quickly abandoned that approach in their games!

Earlier in the month I bought Aven Colony, as per my personal challenge to actually play new games I buy rather than let them become additions to my backlog I platinumed it in less than a week.  It's quite a good city builder, just on an alien planet, it could have done with some kind of progression in terms of buildings as you can use them all from the first mission which makes for a slightly repetitive experience, just with different objectives, but overall it was an enjoyable experience.

I also bought the more traditional city builder, Cities Skylines, which I was surprised to discover doesn't have any scenarios in, just sandboxes, it also has no attempt to tell you any controls, for example you need to build bridges but it never tells you how, searching the internet just brought up PC responses (right click), so I had to go with pressing lots of buttons to discover that R1 changes the height.  I initially played through to A Rank but since then lots of other people have played it so it's slipped to a B.

September's deadlines come courtesy of A Casual Attack on Your Backlog where my goals are more story focused than S Ranks, although I do aim to get all games to A Rank along the way, to help me achieve my year end goal of averaging an A Rank.

Edited by richtayls
  • Like 3

Mostly I've been slacking off last month. No overdue trophies for me currently but I have Game of Thrones for an easy fix. When I have 8 trophies overdue I just finish an episode in one sitting, gone through half of the game this way.

On the other hand, I keep exploring the world in Witcher 3 with all the non-Platinum stuff including question marks and treasure hunts. Yesterday I even uncovered the last monster nest on Skellige and got the corresponding trophy. I just want to do it proper this time, and it's not my first run in the game. Never got to level 35 earlier though and haven't started the DLC stories yet. It will take time to get there + I'm playing on Death March difficulty... Well, I'll try to do more trophies from Zen Pinball 2. Maybe I'll do something about SteamWorld Dig speedrun. Maybe, no promises there ?

August report. 

306 Trophies last month :o New all time high for me. 8 platinums, not the hardest platinums but i went back to older games and platted MOH since my boosting group was going to do the MP. Got rid of some  AC games which i had laying around for far too long.

This was my last month off from school and took advantage of it. Till end of the year it will be going a little bit slower i reckon as i started my internship last week and ill be done in mid january. In my free time ill play some games i already played and ofcourse start some new ones. I will play some more VITA titles for sure and i have 5 new PS4 games waiting and even more PS3 games. 

For next month i will be playing TLoU remastered as a group of friends will be boosting it, other than that ill like to get some more percentage on RAGE (maybe plat but finger filet is tricky) and i think ill go back to my Uncharted games. Not really planning to start alot of new games yet, only some vita titles which i collected with PS+.

Here my stats (1 september) compared to 1 august 

Current stats / goal

S: 42 +8 / 30 

A: 38 +1 / 40 

B: 12 -2 / 20 

C: 12 -2 / 14 
D; 4
= / 0  
E: 8
= / 0 
F: 1 -3  / 0 

Completion: 58.22% + 3.84%  

# of games played: 117 + 2  

# of completed games: 42 + 8

# of unearned trophies: 2090 - 149 

Trophies per day: 1.06 + 0.09 

World rank: 82606 - 16466

Country rank: 1192 - 238 

Trophy rarity:  44.21%  -0.91% 

Spoiler

Here my stats (1 august) compared to july 1

Current stats / goal

S: 34 +5 / 30 

A: 37 +1 / 40 

B: 14 -1 / 20 

C: 14 -2 / 14 
D; 4 
+1 / 0  
E: 8 
-2 / 0 
F: 4 = / 0 

Completion: 54.38% + 3.1% 

# of games played: 115 + 2 

# of completed games: 34 + 5 34

# of unearned trophies: 2239 - 142 

Trophies per day: 0.97 + 0.05 

World rank: 99072 - 12169 

Country rank: 1430 - 168 

Trophy rarity:  45.12%  -0.99%

Spoiler

Here my stats (1 july) compared to june 3

Current stats / goal

S: 29 +2 / 30

A: 36 +4 / 40

B: 15 -1 / 20 

C: 16 +1 / 14
D; 3 
-1 / 0
E: 10 
-4 / 0
F: 4 +2 / 0

Completion: 51.28% + 2.47% 

# of games played: 113 + 3 

# of completed games: 29 + 2

# of unearned trophies: 2381 - 117

Trophies per day: 0.92 + 0.04

World rank: 111241 - 10815

Stats 17 april compared with start

Current stats / goal

S: 26 +2 / 30

A: 31 +2 / 40

B: 17 / 20 

C: 15 -1 / 14
D; 4 = / 0
E: 13 +2 / 0
F: 2 = / 0

Completion: 47.77% +0.74%

# of games played: 108 +4

# of completed games: 26 +2

# of unearned trophies: 2517 +32

Trophies per day: 0.86 + 0.02

World rank: 129503 -11292

Country rank: 1859 - 160 

Trophy rarity: 47.28% - 0.32% 

Country rank: 1598 - 157

Trophy rarity:  46.11%  -1.03%

Spoiler

3 june stats compared with 17 april stats

Current stats / goal

S: 27 +1 / 30

A: 32 +1 / 40

B: 16 -1 / 20 

C: 15 = / 14
D; 4 = / 0
E: 14 +1 / 0
F: 2 = / 0

Completion: 48.81% + 1.04% 

# of games played: 110 + 2 

# of completed games:  27 + 1

# of unearned trophies:  2498 - 19

Trophies per day:  0.88 + 0.02

World rank:  122056 - 7447

Country rank: 1755 - 104

Trophy rarity:  47.14%  - 0.14%

Spoiler

Stats when i found/joined this challenge (4 april 2017)

S: 24

A: 29

B: 17

C: 16

D :5

E: 11

F: 2

Completion: 47.03%

# of games played: 104

# of completed games: 24

# of unearned trophies: 2485

Trophies per day: 0.84

World rank: 140795

Country rank: 2019

Trophy rarity: 47.6%

• Like 2

Got the monthly update done.  And it turns out I earned a whole 0 trophies last month.  Oops.  Well, I did actually make a lot of progress in FFX-2, just not trophy earning progress but I'm close to some trophies.  I actually made way better progress on Steam than here since I was really on a kick for playing the sorts of games that are best on PC last month.

And I have Ys VIII coming on the 12th to play.  Already preordered the Vita LE version.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Got the monthly update done.  And it turns out I earned a whole 0 trophies last month.  Oops.  Well, I did actually make a lot of progress in FFX-2, just not trophy earning progress but I'm close to some trophies.  I actually made way better progress on Steam than here since I was really on a kick for playing the sorts of games that are best on PC last month.

And I have Ys VIII coming on the 12th to play.  Already preordered the Vita LE version.

Which games are you playing on Steam? So jelly that you'll get Ys VIII. I'm trying to save enough just to get the vanilla version of Ni No Kuni 2.

8 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Which games are you playing on Steam? So jelly that you'll get Ys VIII. I'm trying to save enough just to get the vanilla version of Ni No Kuni 2.

I'm also fond of match 3 puzzle games, card games, mah jong games, time management games etc.  Those tend to be played better on PC since the gameplay is point and click.  Also finally finished Trails in the Sky the 3rd since they fixed the nightmare and hard achievements not popping on a NG+.  I also finished all the Higurashi chapters that are released on Steam.  Also finally finished Tales from the Borderlands.  Everything else is some random free and cheap VNs that are on Steam and not on PSN.  A friend also gifted me 1bitHeart and another friend gifted me Umineko so I'm slowly chipping away at those.  On top of trying to get all my games to A rank or above here, I'm trying to get myself to 400 perfect games on Steam by the end of the year and I'm at 360.  It's still a doable goal, Trails in the Sky the 3rd was #350 and I just finished that one on the 7th of August.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm also fond of match 3 puzzle games, card games, mah jong games, time management games etc.  Those tend to be played better on PC since the gameplay is point and click.  Also finally finished Trails in the Sky the 3rd since they fixed the nightmare and hard achievements not popping on a NG+.  I also finished all the Higurashi chapters that are released on Steam.  Also finally finished Tales from the Borderlands.  Everything else is some random free and cheap VNs that are on Steam and not on PSN.  A friend also gifted me 1bitHeart and another friend gifted me Umineko so I'm slowly chipping away at those.  On top of trying to get all my games to A rank or above here, I'm trying to get myself to 400 perfect games on Steam by the end of the year and I'm at 360.  It's still a doable goal, Trails in the Sky the 3rd was #350 and I just finished that one on the 7th of August.

Always have been interested in getting back into Trails in the Sky. I played the first one on PSP, and I'm just waiting for the price to drop on PSN, or maybe I'll wait for a GOG sale. How was the 3rd game. I heard it's not really a continuation of 1+2.