Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

So a few updates for me:

Got Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana up to a S rank

Got Danganronpa V3 from an E rank up to an A rank.

Got Kingdom Hearts II from an E rank to a C rank

Got htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary from a C rank to a B rank.

And I started Sen no Kiseki III and it's still at an E rank.  Hoping to move it up to at least D by the end of the month so I have 3 or less E ranks by then.

Once I beat KH2, I'm going to go focus on moving up another E rank besides Sen no Kiseki.  Either Ni no Kuni or FFXIII will be next.  Mostly with the E ranks I'm going to focus on at least getting story completion out of the way, which should bump them to at least C.  As long as I don't have too much trouble with Resonance of Fate, I should get my Es to 0 by the end of the year at least.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Once I beat KH2, I'm going to go focus on moving up another E rank besides Sen no Kiseki.  Either Ni no Kuni or FFXIII will be next.  Mostly with the E ranks I'm going to focus on at least getting story completion out of the way, which should bump them to at least C.  As long as I don't have too much trouble with Resonance of Fate, I should get my Es to 0 by the end of the year at least.

Hope you remember not to sell anything in FF13. You can get by with minimal weapon tweaking, when you get to the last boss. Good luck getting those E rank games up.

3 minutes ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

Sort of a milestone...

Had to add the 100th game to my profile a bit earlier than expected. My wife asked me for a 'simple' game for herself to play and Peggle looked simple in terms of gameplay. Not in terms of trophies though:comp:

Wow, that's super nice of you. Just wondering why you didn't add a new profile for her. 

I've been thinking about doing the Kill Your Completion event again. But don't think I'll be able to get close to my goals if I do. Don't think I'll get there even if I don't, but I'll get close enough. Anyway, just looking at my PS3 list and want to play them. I still have a couple of weeks to decide.

• 2 weeks later...

Another little update before the end of the month:

Ys: Memories of Celceta to S rank bringing it to 64

My first Ys game and a great, enjoyable action JRPG.

Planning to continue Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on the PS3. However due to the enjoyment of gaming on the Vita I might be thinking about getting another RPG on it but not sure which one yet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fantrig99 said:

Another little update before the end of the month:

Ys: Memories of Celceta to S rank bringing it to 64

My first Ys game and a great, enjoyable action JRPG.

Planning to continue Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on the PS3. However due to the enjoyment of gaming on the Vita I might be thinking about getting another RPG on it but not sure which one yet.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana would be an obvious choice.  That or Ys Origin (it's cross buy, so you get Vita and PS4 version when you buy which have separate trophy lists), though you may want to check out Ys I and II first (they are available digitally on PSN for the PSP and can be played on Vita, but no trophies).  While the PS4 version of Lacrimosa of Dana has some extra content, from what I've heard it's not enough to justify the extra $20 especially if you love portability and the Vita trophy list has more UR trophies than the PS4 one in both cases.  But yeah, the Ys series is awesome and with a Vita you pretty much have access to nearly every game for the series, though the PSP version of Ark of Napishtim is an awful port, I'd actually recommend getting the PC or PS2 version over that.

And an update for me, got Sen no Kiseki III to a D rank, so now I have only 3 E ranks remaining.  Also almost have my completion back to where it was before I started DRV3 and Sen no Kiseki III (it was at 81.30%)

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana would be an obvious choice.  That or Ys Origin (it's cross buy, so you get Vita and PS4 version when you buy which have separate trophy lists), though you may want to check out Ys I and II first (they are available digitally on PSN for the PSP and can be played on Vita, but no trophies).  While the PS4 version of Lacrimosa of Dana has some extra content, from what I've heard it's not enough to justify the extra $20 especially if you love portability and the Vita trophy list has more UR trophies than the PS4 one in both cases.  But yeah, the Ys series is awesome and with a Vita you pretty much have access to nearly every game for the series, though the PSP version of Ark of Napishtim is an awful port, I'd actually recommend getting the PC or PS2 version over that.

Thanks for the recommendation and getting to know the other games in the series! Going to decide Ys VIII: LoD or Ys Origin next. The digital version of Ys Origin seems to be cheaper but I probably stick to the physical version for both games on the Vita.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You better hurry then.

Ys Origins physical was a Limited Run game so actual English version is probably already impossible to get so you should look for multi-language Asia one.

Try eBay.  I just checked and there's a few English versions up.  But the multi-language Asia one has English as a choice too.

S ranked Final Fantasy Type-0. The ending had me choked up. Don't think anything prepared me for it. So will take a break today and start a new game tomorrow. Not really read to go back and complete some of my games yet. Still, with 2 months left, I hope to get a few more plats.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Ys Origins physical was a Limited Run game so actual English version is probably already impossible to get so you should look for multi-language Asia one.

12 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Try eBay.  I just checked and there's a few English versions up.  But the multi-language Asia one has English as a choice too.

Thanks guys for the info!

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

And this is exactly why this game is a masterpiece. A true Final Fantasy.

When I get the PS4 this will definitely be my first FF game:) Will be looking forward to it.

So the month is pretty much done and I doubt I'm getting any more trophies so here's my progress this month in all:

Got Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana from A rank to S rank

Got Danganronpa V3 from E rank to A rank.  Only have two minigame trophies and finishing up the talent development plan and monokuma's dungeon stuff left.

Started Sen no Kiseki 3 and got it to D rank.  On chapter 4 in my first playthrough.

Got Kingdom Hearts 2 from E rank to C rank  Nearly have beaten the game.

Got htoL#NiQ - The Firefly Diary from C rank to B rank.  Finished chapter 2 in this game, probably only need to get a bit of progress in chapter 3 to A rank it.

And because I'm silly and found out that My Name is Mayo and Ys Origin are cross buy and I have the PS4 versions too which have separate trophy lists, I got a second plat in My Name is Mayo.  Maybe someday I'll get a second plat in Ys Origin (which would be my third time completing the game since I also have it on Steam and was insane enough to get 100% of the achievements, and that's the hardest set of all the versions).  At least I have gotten a plat on my PS4 now unlike how bad I was and went almost 3 years with no plats on my PS3.

And got my completion rate up to 81.47% and am now down to only 3 E ranks.  I think I'll go for getting Ni No Kuni out of E rank next since it's the one that's been sitting with only two trophies for the longest (since 2014 and it was the first game I played on my PS3), but I'm going to beat Sen 3 first.  Sen 3 is amazing and I know I'm in for a wild ride in the last two chapters.

Now the question is, will I screw up this great progress with the fact that I got Zero no Kiseki Evo, Ao no Kiseki Evo and Sora no Kiseki FC Evo for a great deal on eBay?  Seriously, someone was selling a bundle of all the Evo games except Sora no Kiseki the 3rd and I snagged that for $100.  When those games easily go for $60 a piece, that was an amazing find.  They will be arriving tomorrow and resisting the urge to play will be hard.

• Like 3

Platted 3 games in October, which is great for me. My average is around 1-2. Wish I was a bit faster, but you know...JRPGs. 

Here's my update:

64 S ranks 

6 A ranks 

1 B rank

3 C ranks 

3 D ranks 

11 E ranks 

0 F rank

I just need to focus on my E ranked games. I'll try to finish the game I'm on, then maybe go back and do a couple this month.

• Like 2

November 1 Update:

S Ranks 115 => 123 (+8)

A Ranks 25 => 26 (+1)

B Ranks 7 => 8 (+1)

C Ranks 21 => 20 (-1)

D Ranks 6 => 6 (0)

E Ranks 11 => 11 (0)

F Ranks 0 => 0 (0)

Completion Percentage: 72.11% => 73.20 (+ 1.09)

Number of Platinums: 106 => 114 (+8)

Number of Trophies earned in October: 238

An okay month, everything was a bit lower than last month. I think that this month I am really going to try and knock those numbers up a bit more.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Do you plan on playing some of your E ranked games? 

Yeah, I have that plan every month. This month didn't work out so well. My goal for the year was to get my E ranks down to 9, so I am only 2 away from my yearly goal. Everytime I start one up though, I remember why it is an E rank because I just don't enjoy it that much, but it will probably be God of War and either Ico or Assassin's Creed Unity (don't dislike it was just trying to play the Assassin's Creed series in order).

• Like 2

October report 

I finished inFamous 2 that i started last days of september. Just like last month i joined a boosting session for TLOU, now it was for the PS3 version. 1 more trophy to be done with the MP. I started Borderlands 2 again, never completed the story and now felt like the right time. I will be playing BL2 for some more time because i would like the 100% and platinum and by playing this game again i boosted the grade from E towards A. Same goes for TLOU PS3 from E to A grade. And the on the last day i started a new game, MX vs ATV supercross. Started that game because there will be a boosting session for the online trophies so i could get that one also off the list. 

No plans yet for the coming month, we will see what will happen. 

My stats now (nov 1) compared to oct 1

Current stats / goal

S: 45 +1 / 30 

A: 40 +2 / 40 

B: 12 = / 20 

C: 12 = / 14 
D; 4 
= / 0  
E: 5 
-2 / 0 
F: 1 = / 0 

Completion: 60.54% + 0.96%  

# of games played: 119 + 1  

# of completed games: 45 + 1 

# of unearned trophies: 1998 - 53  

Trophies per day: 1.10 + 0.02 

World rank: 75486 - 2743 

Country rank: 1084 - 34 

Trophy rarity:  43.66%  -0.33%

Spoiler

My stats now (oct 1) compared to sept 1

Current stats / goal

S: 44 +2 / 30 

A: 38 = / 40 

D; 4 
= / 0  
E: 7 
-1 / 0 

Completion: 59.58% + 1.36%  

# of games played: 118 + 1  

# of completed games: 44 + 2 

# of unearned trophies: 2051 - 49 

Trophies per day: 1.08 + 0.02 

World rank: 78229 - 4377 

Country rank: 1118 - 74 

Trophy rarity:  43.99%  -0.22% 

Reveal hidden contents

Here my stats (1 september) compared to 1 august 

Current stats / goal

S: 42 +8 / 30 

A: 38 +1 / 40 

B: 12 -2 / 20 

C: 12 -2 / 14 
D; 4 
= / 0  
E: 8 
= / 0 
F: 1 -3  / 0 

Completion: 58.22% + 3.84%  

# of games played: 117 + 2  

# of completed games: 42 + 8

# of unearned trophies: 2090 - 149 

Trophies per day: 1.06 + 0.09 

World rank: 82606 - 16466

Country rank: 1192 - 238 

Trophy rarity:  44.21%  -0.91% 

Reveal hidden contents

Here my stats (1 august) compared to july 1

Current stats / goal

S: 34 +5 / 30 

A: 37 +1 / 40 

B: 14 -1 / 20 

C: 14 -2 / 14 
D; 4 
+1 / 0  
E: 8 
-2 / 0 
F: 4 = / 0 

Completion: 54.38% + 3.1% 

# of games played: 115 + 2 

# of completed games: 34 + 5 34

# of unearned trophies: 2239 - 142 

Trophies per day: 0.97 + 0.05 

World rank: 99072 - 12169 

Country rank: 1430 - 168 

Trophy rarity:  45.12%  -0.99%

Reveal hidden contents

Here my stats (1 july) compared to june 3

Current stats / goal

S: 29 +2 / 30

A: 36 +4 / 40

B: 15 -1 / 20 

C: 16 +1 / 14
D; 3 
-1 / 0
E: 10 
-4 / 0
F: 4 +2 / 0

Completion: 51.28% + 2.47% 

# of games played: 113 + 3 

# of completed games: 29 + 2

# of unearned trophies: 2381 - 117

Trophies per day: 0.92 + 0.04

World rank: 111241 - 10815

Reveal hidden contents

3 june stats compared with 17 may stats

Current stats / goal

S: 27 +1 / 30

A: 32 +1 / 40

B: 16 -1 / 20 

C: 15 = / 14
D; 4 = / 0
E: 14 +1 / 0
F: 2 = / 0

Completion: 48.81% + 1.04% 

# of games played: 110 + 2 

# of completed games:  27 + 1

# of unearned trophies:  2498 - 19

Trophies per day:  0.88 + 0.02

World rank:  122056 - 7447

Country rank: 1755 - 104

Trophy rarity:  47.14%  - 0.14%

Reveal hidden contents

My stats now (oct 1) compared to sept 1

Current stats / goal

S: 44 +2 / 30 

A: 38 = / 40 

D; 4 
= / 0  
E: 7 
-1 / 0 

Completion: 59.58% + 1.36%  

# of games played: 118 + 1  

# of completed games: 44 + 2 

# of unearned trophies: 2051 - 49 

Trophies per day: 1.08 + 0.02 

World rank: 78229 - 4377 

Country rank: 1118 - 74 

Trophy rarity:  43.99%  -0.22% 

Edited by ghostly-legend
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, colinmazzini said:

Yeah, I have that plan every month. This month didn't work out so well. My goal for the year was to get my E ranks down to 9, so I am only 2 away from my yearly goal. Everytime I start one up though, I remember why it is an E rank because I just don't enjoy it that much, but it will probably be God of War and either Ico or Assassin's Creed Unity (don't dislike it was just trying to play the Assassin's Creed series in order).

As a heads up, it will take some time to get God of War out of E rank because the average completion is insanely high for a game that actually requires more than 10 hours to complete.  You also will need all but one trophy to A rank it (that's why its stuck at B for me).  Later in the game it gets insanely frustrating too.  I found that game only bearable in short bursts, like no more than an hour a day.

Edit: Monthly update of the spreadsheet is done now!

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2