Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

Just finished Trails of Cold Steel, and I finally have my stats and goals ready:

F grade (current 3, goal 1) - Games I haven't earned trophies in yet, but have started (Dragon Age: Origins, ToX 2, Danganronpa 2)

E grade (current 12, goal 6) - Mostly from Kill Your Completion. Moving 6 from this grade would greatly increase my completion rate.

D grade (current 3, goal 3)

C grade (current 2, goal 2)

B grade (current 0, goal 1)

A grade (current 6, goal 5) - I have a lot of difficult A games to complete (Rocksmith 2014, SAO:HF, LittleBigPlanet vita, etc). Platting 1 would be really nice.

S grade (current 48, goal 73) - This goal corresponds to my 2017 plat goal: 25. Just 24 more to go!

Completion rate: 71.58%

I don't have a goal for completion rate because I'm exactly where I want to be for this year. I assume it will increase once I reach my goals for the grades. Some of the goals might not make sense because it seems as if it will stay the same. What I'm thinking is elevating the grades to the next one, which means I might not finish a game just better the grades from the previous one. I mean I hope that makes sense. I just want to make my goals a bit manageable and not get too carried with 0 goals for everything.

If I complete and play more games I already have on my PSN profile, I will be happy. I tend to look at my list, then check my backlog and usually a game that's on my backlog that I haven't played yet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

SAO is not difficult :)

Well, that depends on Kirito's level, equipment and whether you can or can't get a good OSS. If you can, it is only time consuming. If you can't, you need to level up a lot more than usual.

At least that's what I think (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). I don't have my OSS yet, my equipment is far from perfect and I haven't reached Lv. 150. SAO: HF is one of the games I still need to complete at some point.

24 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

difficult/grindy...toe-mato ta-mato, poe-tato pa-tato

Potatoes suck, Tomatoes are good :awesome:

Nah, seriously, grind does not equal difficulty as long as it's repeating doable action.

21 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Well, that depends on Kirito's level, equipment and whether you can or can't get a good OSS. If you can, it is only time consuming. If you can't, you need to level up a lot more than usual.

At least that's what I think (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). I don't have my OSS yet, my equipment is far from perfect and I haven't reached Lv. 150. SAO: HF is one of the games I still need to complete at some point.

Then, get good OSS :D Once you record it, you will be destroying monsters before you enter the dungeon :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Potatoes suck, Tomatoes are good :awesome:

Nah, seriously, grind does not equal difficulty as long as it's repeating doable action.

Then, get good OSS :D Once you record it, you will be destroying monsters before you enter the dungeon :D

Depends what the grind is really. But I'm probably the few that need to be in a gaming mood to play a particular game. It has nothing to do with motivation though. 

44 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

So I hope everyone is doing well with their goals so far!  I'll be updating everyone once the first hits here and look forward to seeing progress so far.

Just slowly working on 1 game. It's been on my profile for almost 2 years, and 1 of my plat goals. FF13 is grindy though, and I won't be able to pop some of the trophies too quickly.

SyIaris- S ranks (current 82, goal over 110), C Ranks (current 2, goal 0), D ranks (current 12, goal 5 or less), E ranks (current 16, goal 5 or less). 

Completion (current 71.36, goal 80% or better)

-1 D, +1 E, +1.05%

If it isn't too much trouble, could you correct my B ranks in the spreadsheet? I started with/have 4. A is at 22 now.  :)

A

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD   -   No rank change, but I finished up the rest of the game. A couple trophies are annoyingly luck-based.

DA

Ratchet & Clank   -   Beat the game and cleaned up most of the trophies.

newE

InFamous 2   -   Will be sitting at this rank for a while. Started it just to knock out the online trophies since I've seen posts about unstable servers. Intentionally ignored most of the game to that point; want to beat the first game before getting back to it.

new A

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell   -   Had someone that wanted to co-op this, so it's off the backlog now. Very prone to crashing and a bit glitchy, but fun enough otherwise.

A

Saints Row: The Third   -   Also no rank change, despite cleaning up over a third of the trophies. Big percentage boost, though.

Feels like I haven't gotten a whole lot done this month, but things have been fairly busy. Still, made some progress.  ^_^

• Like 1

So, while I've done an ok job so far of getting through some of my games, my initial starting point for my unstarted games goal was slightly off. I've been keeping a list of games I need to install and the size each game would be, but that list didn't include games that I've managed to install but not start yet. As a result, my beginning mark of unstarted games should have been 56 games, and due to PS+ and that $5 flash sale my current total is 61 games. Guess I'm not quite going in the right direction there :(, but at least I've managed to bring my completion up to almost 63.4%, and I have space to install a couple more games on my PS4 thanks to getting through Just Cause 3. Anyway, here's the rest of my updated stats:

S: (Updated 71, Goal 100+) (Up 1)

A: (Updated 47, Goal ≤50) (Up 1)

B: (Updated 13, Goal 10) (Down 1)

C: (Updated 13, Goal ≤10) (Up 3)

D; (Updated 14, Goal ≤5) (Down 3)

E: (Updated 18, Goal ≤5) (Up 1)

F: (Updated 2, Goal 0) (No Change)

Completion: (Updated 63.38%, Goal 70%+) (Up 0.39%)

Unstarted Games: (Updated beginning 56, Updated Current 61, Goal 25) (Up 5)

Edited by Ratchet2425
My D grade was pretty surprised D:

@Edunstar84 - I went ahead and included your January and February stats because I did note your joining stats when you originally posted so it didn't include your CS1 plat and looks like you did accomplish something!

Everyone else is updated as of now.  Let me know if I typoed something because that could indeed happen.  For fun I may go ahead and compile some stats on stuff everyone together did.  For example between all of us we boosted 13 games to S ranks.

• Like 2

Thanks @ladynadiad for the update and the spreadsheet. It is nice to see the changes, even after only one month. It also makes me realize that this challenge took a backseat to the Winter Backlog Challenge so I didn't accomplish much yet. I will start working on that backlog harder this month, if nothing else for my own satisfaction of seeing my stats change.

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

@Edunstar84 - I went ahead and included your January and February stats because I did note your joining stats when you originally posted so it didn't include your CS1 plat and looks like you did accomplish something!

Everyone else is updated as of now.  Let me know if I typoed something because that could indeed happen.  For fun I may go ahead and compile some stats on stuff everyone together did.  For example between all of us we boosted 13 games to S ranks.

Wow, thanks! Much appreciated :)

7 hours ago, colinmazzini said:

Thanks @ladynadiad for the update and the spreadsheet. It is nice to see the changes, even after only one month. It also makes me realize that this challenge took a backseat to the Winter Backlog Challenge so I didn't accomplish much yet. I will start working on that backlog harder this month, if nothing else for my own satisfaction of seeing my stats change.

So says the person with the most added S ranks this month.  I'm in the winter backlog challenge as well but since I doubt I'll 100% all my games I am going to see if I can at least get all the ones I have trophies in to an A rank at least.  But really I'm just glad to earn more trophies and be in a better spot than when I started.

So for some more fun stats, between all of us we added 7.33% to our completions in January.  On average that was an increase of about 0.56% per person.  I think that's pretty neat since a few of us increased by over 1% as well.  Awesome progress for just under a month so far.

Thanks for the update.

I didn't do as well as I expected. World of Final Fantasy is still on hold. It'll stay that way until I can motivate myself to go look for the missing treasure chest(s). The rest is no big deal, but it's not worth doing until I can get the treasure chest trophy out of the way.

In the meantime, I started Fate/EXTELLA, that'll take up most of my free time. I finished the main story and the first side story,  I'm going to work on the remaining side stories next. The real grind begins after that, I have to beat all stages on the Very Hard difficulty on EX rank. Doing that should get me the remaining trophies along the way.

edit: @ladynadiad There seems to be a minor error in my monthly update. My A, C and E rank goals are listed as my January progress in my history. The rest is as it should be.

Edited by viech54

20 hours ago, viech54 said:

edit: @ladynadiad There seems to be a minor error in my monthly update. My A, C and E rank goals are listed as my January progress in my history. The rest is as it should be.

Fixed that up for you to match with the stats you gave initially.  Sorry about that but thanks for letting me know so I could fix it!  If you or anyone else notice any other mistakes let me know!

Original Goals: 

Psy-Tychist - S ranks (current 94, goal over 110), A ranks (current 91, goal less than 80), D ranks (current 34, goal less than 15),

E ranks (current 71, goal, less than 20), F ranks (current 5, goal 0)

Feb 5th.

Game Ranks
  • S (101)
  • A (89)
  • B (29)
  • C (21)
  • D (35)
  • E (76)
  • F (5)

February has been a very productive month so far (mostly down to @jem12345 and the Team Hunters League).

I'm hoping that I can keep the momentum going on my backlog.

Edited by Psy-Tychist

Of note, I went ahead and removed the progress information from the first post.  I've been really bad about keeping that up to date so I'll just keep it to the spreadsheet and instead only have the goals in the first post for a quick reference.

But instead I will try to this month see if I can update the main listing on both the 1st and in the middle of the month, so on the 14th or 15th, but the history will still only have the stats from the beginning of the month.  That way everyone's progress can be more up to date because everyone is doing so well so far!

Me, I've eliminated another non-A rank from my pile and got myself below 500 unearned trophies again so that's some great progress for me.

Edited by ladynadiad

I'll join, i can do it.

S: (Current 9, Goal 25)

A: (Current 5, Goal 5)

B: (Current 3, Goal 5)

C: (Current 4, Goal 5)

D: (Current 4, Goal 0)

E: (Current 8, Goal 0)

F: (Current 7, Goal 0)

Completion: (Current 40.26%, Goal 80%+)

Edited by Madquartet

Sounds like a plan, gotta make sure I'll get at least one plat until the next update.

I didn't talk about my goals this month, it's about time to do that.

World of Final Fantasy: I got the last treasure chest yesterday, now I can finally move on to complete this. There's not much left to do, I'll get it done this week (maybe even today or tomorrow)

Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star: Still need to do some side stories and have quite a bit of farming ahead of me. Estimated platinum: Next week or the week after that.

Root Letter: Haven't started, will do that later this month and aim on completing it right away.