Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

Okay, I went ahead and did a mid-month update a bit early, but I had more time today than I'd have on the 14th.  I've seen some really awesome progress in just under 2 weeks with pretty much everyone having some sort of progress.  I know I'll see more at the end of the month since I know I'm not the only one saving a few plats for the Vita 5th anniversary event.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, glad to see everyone's doing well with their goals.  Should be interesting to see how many people take part in Kill Your Completion next month and how much that sandbags the stats... 

My progress so far:

• Battleborn - E to B - Just playing casually with Borderlands co-op friends
  • Amnesia: Memories - D to C - Should be finishing this for the Vita's 5th Anniversary event next week, hopefully
  • Helldivers - D to C - Another occasional co-op game
  • Transistor - D to S - 100% for the Winter Backlog Challenge
  • Valiant Hearts - D to S - Ditto
  • Warriors Orochi 3 - D to C - I'm honestly not going to play this through unless I break a leg someday, so I just wanted to get it out of D rank
  • Yakuza 5 - D to C - Finished parts one and two of the story

13 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

Thanks for the update, glad to see everyone's doing well with their goals.  Should be interesting to see how many people take part in Kill Your Completion next month and how much that sandbags the stats... 

Yeah, I'm going to try and raid the bargain bin so I can take part.  I'd also like to join the A to Z platinum club like I said and KYC would be good incentive to start a few games that would get me new letters there.  But for my list of games for the spring backlog event, it's basically all my D ranks.

I've joined the spring backlog event. I haven't chosen my games yet, but I want to concentrate on my D and E ranks. But it might change. I've been playing Tomb Raider MP to get that out of the way. I've earned 7 trophies so far but still at E rank.

I've also been playing FF13. Finished the story mode, but the C'ieth missions are dragging me down. Spent too much time on one of them and got burnt out.  With that said, it's so tempting to completely start a new game that's not on my profile. I promised myself that I would at least plat 3 games first.

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I've also been playing FF13. Finished the story mode, but the C'ieth missions are dragging me down. Spent too much time on one of them and got burnt out.  With that said, it's so tempting to completely start a new game that's not on my profile. I promised myself that I would at least plat 3 games first.

I know this feeling all too well.

I do need to complete the higher level C'ieth missions and farm Adamantortoises/Shaolong Gui's and am not up to max level yet.

You can do it, it's one of my goals this year.

My stats are atrocious....2,688 unearned trophies.....S(36)....A(12)....B(3).....C(6).....D (17)....E (40).....F(1)......Completion 38.55%

Only recently got the platinum bug, first one was D3:RoS then nothing till approx Oct 2016, then the bug hit. I'd like to hit an average completion rank of C and completion ratio of 50%. If I can also upgrade all D and below to C that would be awesome. Biggest problem may be Pinball Arcade D. Going to try improving my stats in conjunction with some clear backlog challenges and PP challenges.

On 2/14/2017 at 3:15 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

I know this feeling all too well.

I do need to complete the higher level C'ieth missions and farm Adamantortoises/Shaolong Gui's and am not up to max level yet.

You can do it, it's one of my goals this year.

I did it! I finished it. Yeah, it feels like a bit of backlog weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Managed to make alot of progress in some games this month, partially thanks to the Vita 5th anniversary event that happened last week. While I was able to get through both some easy games and one that I had written off not doing for a few years, my completion rate has been a pretty big balancing act this month as I've started alot of new games this month as well. Due to PS+ and the sales that happened this month, my # of unstarted games has gone up (again) instead of going down, but it only went up by 5 (again) to 66 games. Thankfully I'm getting close to making enough room to download one of my games on PS3, so hopefully I'll manage to get a few others started along with it and start reducing that number. Anywho, here's the rest of my updated stats:

S: (Updated 75, Goal 100+) (Up 4)

A: (Updated 49, Goal ≤50) (Up 2)

B: (Updated 13, Goal 10) (No Change)

C: (Updated 13, Goal ≤10) (No Change)

D; (Updated 14, Goal ≤5) (No Change)

E: (Updated 18, Goal ≤5) (No Change)

F: (Updated 4, Goal 0) (Up 2)

Completion: (Updated 63.58%, Goal 70%+) (Up 0.2%)

Unstarted Games: (Updated Current 66, Goal 25) (Up 5)

On 1/22/2017 at 8:23 PM, VukshaCage said:

I'll join, I need to motivate myself to clear some of my E games, which are a lot, and up my completion % rate! 
So currently I am on: 

• S (87)
  • A (12)
  • B (5)
  • C (9)
  • D (11)
  • E (61)
  • F (2)

~55% completion rate.

When I started this challenge I was like this, now It started to come up, I cleaned Tekken6 and Worms: Crazy Gold from my backlog, finishing up Senran Kagura as I've finally bought the DLC, started Uncharted 1, after so many months/years... 

• S (94)
  • A (15)
  • B (4)
  • C (9)
  • D (11)
  • E (63)
  • F (0)

Plan for March for me is I think over my head...
I have some fast games I want to finish off, up my platinum and S ranks that way, and finish off 5-10 from my backlog. I am really hoping I can do that. The problem is, on my preorder/plan to play, are also Horizon, Nier:Automata and Mass Effect, and if I find somewhere cheap Steelbooks for Until Dawn and The Last Guardian... So who knows what will march bring for me, maybe a big up in my stats, maybe not...

List of already started games to finish off (with 100%):
- Toro (ps4)

- WRC4 (ps3)

- Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit (ps vita)
- F1 2011 (ps vita)
- Game of Thrones (ps4)
- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (ps3)
- Tomb Raider DE (ps4)
- Persona 4: Ultimax (ps3)
- Journey (ps4)
- PoP: Warrior Within (ps3)
- Amnesia: Memories (ps vita)
- Testament Of Sherlock Holmes (ps3)

p.s. Here is my overall progress I save sa I can self track myself each month, did it last year, continuing to do so this year... :)

p.p.s. For OP, is there a chance of adding one more column, which states the day, the update was made on ours spreadsheets last? :)

VukshaCage_2017_01_01.png

VukshaCage_2017_03_01.png

Edited by VukshaCage
added screens
  • Like 1

@VukshaCage - I can certainly do that, though pretty much it will be the same for all, so probably best to just put the last update date next to the link in the opening post.  On the history ones it will always be at some point on the 1st, only the main page is going to get an update twice a month.

Anyway, I'll be updating once I get off work today, so if anyone wants to get in any last minute trophy level boosting have at it!

SyIaris- S ranks (current 97, goal over 110), C Ranks (current 2, goal 0), D ranks (current 12, goal 5 or less), E ranks (current 16, goal 5 or less). 

Completion (current 72.01, goal 80% or better)

Doing a terrible job of getting back to older stuff, as usual.  :unsure:

New -> S

Journey

A or B -> S  (Platinum Rain event)

Disney Infinity 2.0

Disney Infinity 3.0

Heavy Rain

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Ratchet & Clank [PS4]

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Saints Row: The Third

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Tales from the Borderlands
The Sims 3: Pets

Glad to finally check these off.

new -> A

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Decent game, but nothing terribly interesting. Played in co-op, need to go back for challenges.

new -> A

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend

Enjoyed story mode quite a bit, but didn't want to spend the extra time on an S rank when the game was rented.

new -> S

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Didn't find the early story remotely interesting, so I just followed a guide and skipped through it. Wasn't expecting to 2048 grind at the end.

E -> A

Borderlands 2

Huh, didn't think this was going anywhere anytime soon. Got a few trophies back in 2014, a couple others here and there, and then someone wanted to co-op it and the game's finally beaten. Have a second playthrough and some misc trophies if I want the plat.

new -> F

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

Haven't really started it yet, but this is certainly going to tank things.

new -> S

Iron Man 2

Well, that was mediocre. Oh well, movie tie-ins are a gamble. Main complaint was a completely uncooperative loading screen I thought would be the end of my playtime.

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, acridvortex said:

I would like to join if it's not too late. Current: S:55 A:41 B:27 C:21 D:26 E:34 F:14   Goal: D, E and F less than 50 combined.

Not too late at all.  People can keep on joining up until the end of the year.  Heck with last years I joined in November.  I'll get you added shortly!

Everyone also is now updated and I added something after the spreadsheet link to reflect last update date for main page and when the history pages get updated per the earlier request.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

OK, after being on this site lurking for a while and only just really joining in, entered the KYC 3.0 and added my name to a few PP lists, joined a 100% some backlog games in spring challenge, this should automatically take care of itself a bit. Here goes...

S 37

A 12

B 3

C 6

D 17 - Goal 0

E 41 - Goal 0

F 10 - Goal 0

Average Game Rank D - Goal B

Completion % 38.49 - Goal 60%

Unearned Trophies 2757 - Goal < 2000

Ideally want to clean up my backlog a bit and some older games on my profile before adding new ones, but we'll see what happens. Some of these goals may be a bit too difficult for me, i.e improving grade on Overwatch and Pinball Arcade, but if I recall C is an average for the grade on the site, so aiming for all C and above will give me an average profile, lol

34 minutes ago, Pickle2907 said:

but if I recall C is an average for the grade on the site, so aiming for all C and above will give me an average profile, lol

How the trophy grades in games work is based off the average completion for the game.  So a game with a low average completion won't require many trophies to get to a higher rank, but one with a higher average completion will require more.  If a game has a very high average completion, it's actually impossible to get an A or B trophy rank in it even if you have one trophy before 100% and there are some games with such a low average completion that you can have an A rank with less than 20% completion.  Muramasa Rebirth is an example of the latter, I have an A rank in it with only 18% completion.

Of course improving trophy grades will definitely improve your stats overall.  I care mostly about the average completion, but the trophy grades are great for feeling a sense of satisfaction as you improve upon them even if you see little completion change.

Anyway, I did go ahead and update with your goals.  I'm definitely fine with extra goals being added and good luck with getting your average rank to B!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Not too late at all.  People can keep on joining up until the end of the year.  Heck with last years I joined in November.  I'll get you added shortly!

Everyone also is now updated and I added something after the spreadsheet link to reflect last update date for main page and when the history pages get updated per the earlier request.

Thanks for updating everything, one very minor thing though is that the note about my unstarted games wasn't updated with my current amount for the month, which is:

On 2/28/2017 at 10:55 AM, Ratchet2425 said:

...Due to PS+ and the sales that happened this month, my # of unstarted games has gone up (again) instead of going down, but it only went up by 5 (again) to 66 games....

Not a big deal, especially since I seem to be the only one doing it and the only record of that number is a count from a word document on my laptop (One of these days I'll set up a trophy checklist or something on here with my backlog, I swear...), just thought I'd mention it.

Edit: Just noticed something else, the tab for my history hasn't been updated yet with March's numbers either.

Edited by Ratchet2425
Noticed something else

@Ratchet2425 - Sorry about that!  Was really busy at the beginning of this month so I probably rushed the updates a bit too much.  To be safe I went ahead and put in your stats to be what they are now since I'm unsure if I missed you entirely or just missed pasting to the history.  All should be good now including the unstarted games.

• Like 1

Hi, everybody!

I'm not exactly drowning in low scores nor have a big problem with my completion rate but I'd like to take part in this challenge nonetheless. Also, from a few threads I've viewed here, I like this one the most (although I had a guilty pleasure of thinking about "Kill your completion" backlog challenge).

Now, to my stats and goals:

Screenshot_2.jpg

So my goal is to get rid of all ranks lower than A and reduce the A count to 5 or so (for the most difficult games like those pinball nightmares). Since it's easier for me to think in terms of trophies, I'll try to reduce my unearned trophy count to 99 or lower (494 at the moment) while boosting my completion rate to 95+% (currently 85%).

Basically I want to complete everything I can before adding new stuff. I may add a couple of games from Assassin's Creed and/or Batman Arkham series which are on my (huge) backlog but other than that it should be more or less a straight line to the S goodness.

I'm currently working on Alien: Isolation (PS4), Assassin's Creed Liberation (Vita), and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle (PS3). I also plan to grind Diablo III: Reaper of Souls achieving Level 70 with all classes in Hardcore mode while raising difficulty one step further after each completion of the story and doing available rifts and a few bounties per act in between (a challenge within a challenge).

I can also be extra sneaky, playing games on my other PS3 while not syncing any trophies but I'm too lazy for that because free HDMI ports are a luxury for me. Yes, it's only a matter of re-plugging three cables, and I'm too lazy to do it every once in a while.

Let's go then!:comp:

Edited by K0t0bl1tz
Minor fixes to the text.