Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

22 hours ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

I'm not exactly drowning in low scores nor have a big problem with my completion rate but I'd like to take part in this challenge nonetheless

Don't worry about that =D Check my stats when I joined this competition =D

Having high completion or ranks doesn't matter it can't get higher (unless you have 100% xDDD)

19 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Don't worry about that =D Check my stats when I joined this competition =D

Whoah, nice B)

I have some hardcore stuff I'd like to tackle this year, so after I deal with easier games, I'll return to Injustice and Uncharted 3 DLC grind. In Summer, maybe, when I have a bit more time.

Edited by K0t0bl1tz

So my first bit of progress: Pure Chess for Vita completed; 71st S rank :dance:

Easy completion with a couple of nice rares, takes some time though and a good chess engine at hand. A nice game to play chess on the go, with flexible 3D layouts, but there's no extensive academic tutorials like in Chessmaster series for PC or composition-style puzzles. Also "online" mode is a travesty, especially on Vita, since you can't just switch your accounts like on PS3 or PS4. That means you would need an actual partner for the Pure Correspondence trophy or switch memory cards a few times which would be a proper P in the A.

Only 490 'unearneds' to go :P

• Like 1

I'm working on Okami HD right now, which I think was a D rank before I started the event. I've earned a few trophies, so it might be a C right now. Just focusing on the one game at the moment. Should have it done within the month.

EDIT: Just had a quick look. It's actually an E rank right now, which means it could be a C. That's great as it's one of the MANY games I have that was an E rank.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

I'm actually working on the mid-month update, but on my side I just finished Pocket RPG and got my completion up to 77.07%, so now I'm less than 2% away from where I was when KYC2 started.

Not sure what I'm going to work on next though.  Also should consider what I want to be my 30th platinum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm actually working on the mid-month update, but on my side I just finished Pocket RPG and got my completion up to 77.07%, so now I'm less than 2% away from where I was when KYC2 started.

Not sure what I'm going to work on next though.  Also should consider what I want to be my 30th platinum.

Any thoughts so far on your 30th plat?

I've been busy plugging away at raising my completion % enough that starting a new game won't completely tank it, the plan is to try and end each month with it being around .5% higher than the previous month. Also I've managed to get a good half dozen games ready to platinum, I *think* I know what games I'll be platinuming up to #75, I just need to figure out what that order will be. Right now I'm thinking #68 will be "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture", #69 will be "Senran Kagura: Estival Versus" (Insert totally mature sex joke here), and #75 will be "Hyperdimension Neptunia", but 70-74 will depend on how quickly I finish Xenoverse, Jak 3, Amnesia: Memories and something else (Dynasty Warriors 7 maybe?). Finally, on top of all that I'm also trying to get 100% in games like "Farming Simulator", "Touch my Katamari", "Letter Quest Remastered", "AdVenture Capitalist" etc., so while I haven't commented since the last update I've been working on and making some good progress :).

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Same question as Edunstar, not sure which game you've already started would work best for that as I've played almost none of them (Maybe do Tokyo Twilight?). Based on a quick glance at your trophy checklist I'd recommend trying one of the Tales games that you have there, the Xillia games were my favorites so far but none of the Tales games are quick platinums (especially Symphonia) and might be something to consider for later milestones.

• Like 1

@Justt_Jan - Added you.  Everyone else should be up to date now for the mid-month update.

@Edunstar84 and @Fitzquaid - I was actually originally thinking Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, but the "He Slimed Me" trophy is giving me a lot of hell.  The minigame for that trophy is frustrating enough, but the game is heavily weighted against the ghost side and even me putting in the worst players on the human side and the best on the ghost still didn't do it.  Still, it is definitely the closest to a plat since I only need to get to chapter 10 on my current playthrough for the remaining stuff and grinding that minigame is indeed part of the strategy for pretty much every remaining trophy (it also builds up affection enough to get the needed amount for my last photo album entry).

I'd honestly prefer it not be a Tales of game, like you said, a bit too long, better for a later milestone and I really didn't enjoy Xillia in the least bit.  I should note since my checklist needs some updating that I also have God of War, Remember Me, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes to add to that.  I know God of War is supposed to be a pretty easy platinum and a good enough game to be worthy of a milestone.

• Like 2

I recently platinumed Final Fantasy XV taking it from an E to an S. I'm going through the Wolf Among Us right now (for the third time because I love that game) and slowly working on hitman go when I have some downtime. Also think I might dust off my PS3 and start earning some old trophies there.

• Like 1

Nice, the silence has been broken B)

I'm saving easier trophies for my "a trophy a day" policy, and now I'm also adding an extra daily trophy on weekends, my days off, and British bank holidays. I have a couple of minor milestones sneaking up.

Yesterday I finished raising a level 70 hardcore Barbarian in Diablo III: RoS (PS4). Since I last played the game, some new content has been added; so I started fresh on Normal difficulty to get some gear in my storage and see what's what. I felt that XP was somewhat boosted as it took me only one playthrough of the main campaign, 5 sets of bounties, and a few standard rifts to get to level 70, including Not the Cow Level and Greed's Domain. Overall it was a breeze so only Malthael was able to land some real damage and only because I let him :P After that I got some cooler stuff, and when I went to meet him again for a bounty, he died in seconds.

So now I'm going in with a Crusader on Hard difficulty because I have lots of nice gear now, also lots of picked up recipes for legendaries and sets (they are dropping like crazy from Horadric caches and special treasure goblins). Also Crusaders are overpowered tanks that can be turned into ranged tanks (with that hammer-throwing main attack) combined with doubled criticals on special attacks and a possibility to land them 100% of the times on all enemies in the area of effect (I don't remember exact names of all the skills and runes involved but I had a nice build like that before).

I'm starting on Hard difficulty from now on with any class because otherwise it would be boring. Witch Doctors are both powerful and hard to kill as well as are Monks. Demon Hunters worry me a bit though because I had one killed on level 69 hardcore after a few close calls a couple of years back. And I've never had a full playthrough with the Wizard class, so I just don't know what to expect.

Overall I think the game got easier on lower difficulties, so it should be a breeze to get all the pack to level 70 from Hard while getting ~300 bounties in the process. And then I'll start another survivor challenge with my hardcore characters to get the rest of the bounties while gradually raising the difficulty - let's see who dies first :devil:

I also hope that incoming Necromancer DLC will have extra content and (please) trophies :dance:

March is looking good so far. I got one trophy in Goat Simulator out of the way. That pretty much took care of all somewhat difficult trophies in the game (at least I'm not aware of any difficult trophies still missing), but I have no idea when I'll go back to complete it.

Then I got the platinum in Adventures of Mana, Fate/Extella and Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness. I also made some progress in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and completed Terra's reports. Only Ven's reports need to be completed now to wrap it up. Aside of that, I played a lot of NieR: Automata, but have yet to get my first real ending in the game. I'm somewhat close to my first real ending, but side quests will quite likely get in the way again.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, viech54 said:

March is looking good so far. I got one trophy in Goat Simulator out of the way. That pretty much took care of all somewhat difficult trophies in the game (at least I'm not aware of any difficult trophies still missing), but I have no idea when I'll go back to complete it.

Then I got the platinum in Adventures of Mana, Fate/Extella and Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness. I also made some progress in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and completed Terra's reports. Only Ven's reports need to be completed now to wrap it up. Aside of that, I played a lot of NieR: Automata, but have yet to get my first real ending in the game. I'm somewhat close to my first real ending, but side quests will quite likely get in the way again.

How is it so far? I've not heard many things about it post-release. It's easier to find more info/reviews about Horizon: Zero Dawn at the moment.

Hello! I would like to join this challenge, my ID is German-LS7

Here are my current stats as of March 17th:

S: 41  >>  42

A: 4   >>  5

B: 0   >>  3

C: 2   >>  0

D : 1   >>  0

E: 2   >>  0

F: 0   >>  0

Completion:

85.32% >> 90.00% or above

Games played: 50 >> More than 50 :)

Unearned trophies: 350 >> 200 or less

Usually i play one or two games at the time so its gonna be a a slow progress, but i'll try to improve myself faster

Edited by German-LS7
  • Like 1

Hey guys I'd like to join!

Stats:

S (Current: 29 ; Goal: 35)

A (Current: 10 ; Goal: 7)

B (Current: 1 ; Goal: 0)

C (Current: 0 ; Goal: 0)

D (Current: 0 ; Goal: 0)

E (Current: 1 ; Goal: 0)

F (Current: 0 ; Goal: 0)

Current completion percentage: 86.67%

Target: 92%

Hoping this thread will give me the motivation to finish off some grinds like GTA V and Destiny and some luck on Fifa 17!

• Like 1

@Tigerhull92 and @German-LS7 - got you both added.  Welcome and good luck!

So funny thing, not long after I complained about how hard the "He Slimed Me" trophy was to get in Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, I end up getting it.  So looks like that will be platinum #30 then.  I just need to get myself to 50 Hypernatural wins (over halfway done there) and then get the last entry to the photo album for "Handbook for the Recently Deceased" and that nice ultra rare plat will be mine.

It's actually a fine example of what this challenge can do.  I got the game to a D rank for last year's because it was an easy one to boost from an E to D.  Originally I put the game down because the combat is a bit hard to learn, but once I forced myself to get into it and learn that better, I found the game fun and am now close to the plat when it had been sitting at 1% since around when the game was released.

• Like 2

This month thanks to Kill Your Completion 3, I've mostly been boosting my trophy grades - directly into the bin!

627.gif

Still, I've made a bit of progress since I last checked in mid-February.

• Alien: Isolation - C to B - Made some solid progress while my sister was visiting, I pretty much only play it when she's around
  • Amnesia: Memories - C to S - Finished for the Vita's anniversary event
  • Tales of Graces f - E to D - Just one session, but I was close to a couple more trophies for collecting titles.

KYC games so far:

• E - 1 (Nobunaga's Ambition: SoI: Ascension - hopefully I'll get further in this today)
  • D - 2 (Dishonored 2, Papo & Yo)
  • A - 2 (Night in the Woods, Stories: TPoD)
  • S - 1 (Dear Esther)
1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

It's actually a fine example of what this challenge can do.  I got the game to a D rank for last year's because it was an easy one to boost from an E to D.  Originally I put the game down because the combat is a bit hard to learn, but once I forced myself to get into it and learn that better, I found the game fun and am now close to the plat when it had been sitting at 1% since around when the game was released.

Nice, it's a great feeling when a game clicks for you like that.  I've thought about picking up the re-release / expansion of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters a couple of times when it's been on sale, but the trophies look a bit extreme - it looks like there's about a dozen for different endings, and from what you've said it's not exactly a short game.

• Like 2

So a quick mid march update for me...

Got to 100 S ranks today!

Overall stat improved from an average A rank to S!!!
My percentage from around 56% went up to 58.33% which is good, considering my wish to reach 65% at least.
Reached 95 platinums today.

regarding each rank: 

• S (94) >> 100
  • A (16) >> 15
  • B (3) >> 4 
  • C (9) SAME
  • D (11) SAME
  • E (60) >> 60
  • F (0) SAME

My plan was to finish off 12 games, and as I've said, looks like I am over my head. I finished Toro, Senran Kagura and Game of Thrones, from that list, but also played and finished Project CARS and Dreamals... My new plan is to get 4 more platinums from the started list of games I planned to finish, then take a break, to enjoy and play Nier:Automata, as I want it to be my 100th platinum. 

My first lot of games I want to finish off, at most till end of April now, and be done with em now looks like this:

100%:
 - Journey (PS4)

Platinum:
 - WRC 4 (PS3)
 - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (PS3)
 - Persona 4: Ultimax (PS3)
 - PoP: Warrior Within (PS3)
 - Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3)

- F1 2011 (Vita)
 - Amnesia: Memories (Vita)

- Tomb Raider: DE (PS4)
 - Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Nice, it's a great feeling when a game clicks for you like that.  I've thought about picking up the re-release / expansion of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters a couple of times when it's been on sale, but the trophies look a bit extreme - it looks like there's about a dozen for different endings, and from what you've said it's not exactly a short game.

It's actually not too badly long, especially on NG+ when you carry over your levels, items, etc.  The hardest part of each ending would be recruiting the optional characters so you even can get their endings.  Once you have them just grind some hypernatural and training and you get enough affection to trigger another ending without having to play again, unless they changed massively how endings are triggered.  The only pain is that some stuff is luck based.  Probably will take a bit longer than the original version, but it's not going to be as long as tedious as a Tales of game.  I'm probably at about 60-70 hours and likely only have about 5 hours left.

So, an update on what I've been doing. I got back into shadow of mordor woth the announcement of shadow of war so I moved that grade up a bit. I've also started playing Valiant Hearts as that's been on my backlog for a while, so I got rid of a D rank and added another, but am playing two great games at the moment so can't complain. Just working through the last few dagger missions and liberations and then maybe try the dlc just to cut down on the unearned trophies. I'm also inching toward my unofficial goal of 50% completion. So that's exciting

• Like 2