Shared hallucinations or something missing?

Taliesin_2943

Me and several of my friends played zero years ago and we all remember having to fight a giant snake as Billy while Rebecca had to watch from a computer room.

But playing it now on ps3/ps4 this fight is nowhere nor the area of the fight.

But we all have this memory done only played on the wii, some on GameCube

And a lot never played resident evil 1 till the HD remaster so there's no way they could have seen yawn from part 1 to have confused memory 

So does anyone else remember this on zero is it just something they changed?  And I've looked online and the only giant snakes mentioned in resident evil seems to be yarn from 1 and the one from 6

I have no idea. I played the game for the first time only a couple weeks ago.

Is there a chance that you might remember the centipede fight and somehow got your memories messed up? I know that Rebecca is not precisely watching from a monitor room :giggle: but that's the closest thing to a snake-ish looking creature in Zero.

Let us know if you find something else about it!! :)

39 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Me and several of my friends played zero years ago and we all remember having to fight a giant snake as Billy while Rebecca had to watch from a computer room.

And a lot never played resident evil 1 till the HD remaster so there's no way they could have seen yawn from part 1 to have confused memory 

So does anyone else remember this on zero is it just something they changed?  And I've looked online and the only giant snakes mentioned in resident evil seems to be yarn from 1 and the one from 6

Been playing RE games since 1996, and I've played every single one of them on release, and there never was a single snake enemy on RE0, like the previous post said the only thing resembling one is the Centipede, there's also the Yawn snake like you said on RE1 and the invisible one on RE6 and then you have 2 worms, one in Code Veronica and another on RE3, none of them has anything like you described though.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

I defiantly remember fighting a giant snake in a resident evil in 0. I swear we fight a Yawn type boss in another resident evil game and I can swear I think it's 0. or code veronica x. or dead aim. Either way I have a vivid memory of fighting a giant snake in one of these games that wasn't RE1.

1 hour ago, yoamosilenthill said:

I kind of remember fighting the giant bat on the roof of the church when I played the game years ago but surprise! after playing the remaster there was no such fight on the roof, you only fight it inside the church.

Weird. Mandela effect?

I remember the roof bat fight too! I remember going into the church thinking OK just hit up the save room then grapple to the roof for the fight but boom there he was and I'm like how did he get in here the roof hole isn't that big

6 hours ago, MixedContents said:

I defiantly remember fighting a giant snake in a resident evil in 0. I swear we fight a Yawn type boss in another resident evil game and I can swear I think it's 0. or code veronica x. or dead aim. Either way I have a vivid memory of fighting a giant snake in one of these games that wasn't RE1.

Well, you're remembering it wrong, only thing that comes close to a snake is the Centurion, AKA the ciant centipede, but like I said on my previous post there are 2 worms in the series, one in RE3 and another in Code Veronica, you're probably thinking about one of those, the only other snake in a RE game is in RE6, during Chris campaign so it might be that one as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Well, you're remembering it wrong, only thing that comes close to a snake is the Centurion, AKA the ciant centipede, but like I said on my previous post there are 2 worms in the series, one in RE3 and another in Code Veronica, you're probably thinking about one of those, the only other snake in a RE game is in RE6, during Chris campaign so it might be that one as well.

You're probably right, memories are fickle like that. Thanks though

8 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Nothing to thank about, just helping clear up some confusion.

i find it interesting that out of the 5 people who have posted in this thread 3 of them myself included have remembered 2 events (the roof top bat fight, the giant snake fight billy vs giant snake) 1 person non commital and then theres you who swears the events never occured in the history of resident evil sounds strange 3 people who havent met before a remember these 2 events down to detail and then you pop up saying nope nevr happend your the pro been playng since 96

so how pray tel do 3 peoe remember details from something never happend 3 who have not met b4? sems rather strange i mean i can excuse maybe the snake write it off to playing 6 and 1 but the roof top bat fight thats a clincher

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:59 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Mandela effect :P

On sexta-feira, 13 de Janeiro de 2017 at 10:39 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

i find it interesting that out of the 5 people who have posted in this thread 3 of them myself included have remembered 2 events (the roof top bat fight, the giant snake fight billy vs giant snake) 1 person non commital and then theres you who swears the events never occured in the history of resident evil sounds strange 3 people who havent met before a remember these 2 events down to detail and then you pop up saying nope nevr happend your the pro been playng since 96

so how pray tel do 3 peoe remember details from something never happend 3 who have not met b4? sems rather strange i mean i can excuse maybe the snake write it off to playing 6 and 1 but the roof top bat fight thats a clincher

Don't really know what to tell you, but I can tell you this, I'm 100% of what I'm saying, and you can check that out yourself, go look on youtube for playthroughs of the game on any version there is, Gamecube, Wii and PS3/PS4/360/ONE yourself and you'll know I'm right, you won't find anyone fighting the bat on the rooftop, nor any fight against any snake in the game, nor any of the scenes you've been remembering. Here, I'll even help you, Gamecube Version, and here's the Wii one, you already know how it goes on the most recent versions.

I'm not telling this because "I'm right and everyone's wrong, I'm the pro hur dur", no, I'm telling you this because it's the only truth there is, none of that ever happened in RE0, in any version of the game ever released, period.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

• 3 years later...

And you do fight a giant snake with Rebecca and a guy it just wasn't in 0 apparently it was in umbrella chronicles thanks @KainDMD

So not so much a mandella effect more that people dabbled in the rail shooters and it bled into our memories of the main games since the rail shooters take place during the events it's easy for it to happen

Feel kinda sorry for the guy afew years back dead sure these never happened in any resident evil game ever lol