How the online community is ?

Natsuu24

I've not encountered any on PS4, but then, I imported my trophies and fucked right off because the online is just a lesser version of the main game, full of idiots I have to keep hitting mute on because the game isn't smart enough to have an obvious mute all button.

I think the PS4 version is pretty clean.

• Like 1

No hackers or modders on PS4. There are hacked characters though transferred from PS3 which explains the rank 1000+ characters you see in public sessions. It's still very much playable, if you want to mute other players in the session you can create a private party which blocks out any chat outside the party.

1 hour ago, AIDSorHIV said:

You want to know what it's like playing this stupid game online. I'll tell you.

-Black wannabe Gangstas on they mics. I'm talking 1 out of 8 people here.
-screeching music playing in the background because people are putting their mics next to their speakers on purpose. At least once an hour you'll hear some idiot singing some self snitch dope hip-hop shizznet.
-screaming little kids.
-Bossy little kids who won't leave you alone.
-When you play on teams people will all jump in one team so it'll be 1 vs 6
-When you do missions together and have to go somewhere guys will destroy the escape vehicle right near the end so everyone wasted 30 minutes playing to lose.

-When you are done a mission with people and respawn back in the main online section you'll be spawn killed.

-Anytime you are playing a team game and the guy who is the host ends up being on the opposite team he will suit your team up in BRIGHT yellow and green jumpsuits for easy target.

GTA online SUCKS bro. It SUCKS bad.

You could easily prevent all of that by setting voice chat to crew/friends only, play with only your friends, and use invite only lobbies.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You could easily prevent all of that by setting voice chat to crew/friends only, play with only your friends, and use invite only lobbies.

Might as well play single player. The chances of having a bunch of friends available is rare.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you hold the left side of the touch pad down, you bring up an interaction menu. In this menu there are options to mute the mics of everyone except friends and crew automatically. This only works in the open world though. You'll still hear everyone in missions and heists normally. I usually just kick the people are are making annoying noises or talking about whatever weed they're smoking.

It's not difficult to get by as a random joining what you need in MP without friends. It will require a little patience on your part to get through the heists with randoms, but it's doable. I just finished grinding money and I'm basically soloing online as well.

As for modders, modded accounts sometimes get a port from PS3 but there is very little they can get away with on PS3. The biggest thing you have to contend with is people randomly killing you in the open world. to that end, you can enable passive mode. While in passive mode, other players can't really damage you. You wont be able to use any weapons though, or participate in random world events.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 2:16 AM, TristanBrown17 said:

It's honestly like a damn kindergarten. Bunch of pre-pubescent idiots screaming into their mics when you're in the open world. And there's no option to mute people, so prepare your ears. If you're with your friends, it's more tolerable :jaymon:

I was in a heist with a kid on my team last night who was screaming at this one guy for getting himself killed on the way to the destination. It was so hilarious though. I wish I knew how to record mic conversations.

I thought having to pay for the online stuff on PSN now might reduce the number of annoying kids though. :( 

• 3 weeks later...

I just got started on GTA Online - my experiences so far. Please note, I did not 'solo' my way into this, I started with 2 other friends:

Hosting and group sets:

I found this difficult to organize - getting other people to join outside of my group would sometimes take 10 - 15 minutes of us just watching the lobby list as people would almost endlessly join, then leave then join then leave. I'm guessing people just left as they didn't see a full group.

Till death do us part grouping:

We found the same as above with this RP event. With one exception, we joined a good team, evenly matched, our win's/losses equalling out for a nice even spread of RP. But at one point we were on a 3 match winning streak and it was like someone farting in a crowded lift. As soon as it happened, everyone wanted to leave as soon as possible.

Stability:

There were times where I had to do something - like go buy some clothes as part of the tutorial. But I wouldn't be able to interact. Ended up having to restart the entire game. Overall though, it was surprisingly stable as an initial experience.

Effectiveness of smaller groups:

Pretty much all of the core game Online trophies can be either soloed or done with one or two others (with the exception of the Rally race trophy and requirement) Even the Team Deathmatch stuff. I think if you can find a decent friend or friends who play regularly and have the same goals as you (character progression & trophies are a plus) - you will find this to be one of the most fun online experiences out there. Most of the time we set up an invite only session populated by just the three of us and it was brilliant. 

Overall:

Grouping issues and bugs aside and provided you have at least one other friend to play with you'll have no problems and will really enjoy what the world has to offer. Pure solo play will only take you so far, but hey, that's why it's called GTA Online I guess.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

I have put about 67 hours in total into it, 65 of which was with a group of friends in closed sessions and matches - enjoyed every single second of it. Easily one of the most enjoyable experiences i've had in an online environment next to Final Fantasy XIV. You can have a great chat and play together co-operatively or competitively and it's your gameworld.

However, I did spend a couple of hours in public lobbies and sessions and it was without doubt the most horrendous experience i've had. It's just full of 11 year olds who shouldn't even be playing the game, trying to smack talk everyone. I like the idiots who have their mics on constantly too. Either to try and put everyone else off or because they don't know how to switch them off. So far in my public experience this has happened (keep in mind, this is across just 120 minutes)

• Three people being legitimately racist to other players in chat just because they could
  • One person having a full on domestic argument with their significant other about not putting the washing in the washing machine and switching it on.
  • One person who i'm pretty sure was somehow taking a dump while playing
  • Sexist comments made to other players because their names consisted of feminine terms
  • People playing shit music through their mic as loud as possible
  • One 10 year old shouting abuse in a high pitched voice at everyone in chat, then their mother came in and started telling them off for using their big brothers games console, then the kid starts sobbing uncontrollably.

That's in the space of 2 hours.

If you can get a group session with decent, well developed human beings and stick with them, you'll make some great friends and have a wonderful time. But I genuinely think that if I had to spend a full 67 hours in public online it would seriously damage my love of the human race and make me worry for the future of my own species.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...