Current and upcoming events for the "Community Ambassador" trophy

totallycrushed

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Yes, is possible (I did that for a friend before he got a ps4).

There's only a few miscaleneous trophies that you may have to worry, but usually are easy to avoid, since top 3000 times shouldn't require to go really fast (I usually got times in the top 1500, some even in the top 500 while driving half throttle and going easy.. but maybe track knowladge plaid a big part in it, since my best results while driving like this were in places like the Ring, that I know fairly well).

Alao I don't even know how it's easy to get your brakes to 1000°C (my brother got me that trophy while he was helping me with Community Embassador while I was away). I never got my brakes to heat that high.. Maybe it's because I try to not lock my brakes and after going braking for a bit, I stop braking and brake again (of just lift the brakes a bit), but I really don't know how I can avoid it so easily.

I got mine literally in that LMP1 race in the prologue 2 minutes in. Braked hard for a turn, braked hard just after the turn to not crash in a pileup that formed in my front, trophy popped.

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Yes, is possible (I did that for a friend before he got a ps4).

There's only a few miscaleneous trophies that you may have to worry, but usually are easy to avoid, since top 3000 times shouldn't require to go really fast (I usually got times in the top 1500, some even in the top 500 while driving half throttle and going easy.. but maybe track knowladge plaid a big part in it, since my best results while driving like this were in places like the Ring, that I know fairly well).

Alao I don't even know how it's easy to get your brakes to 1000°C (my brother got me that trophy while he was helping me with Community Embassador while I was away). I never got my brakes to heat that high.. Maybe it's because I try to not lock my brakes and after going braking for a bit, I stop braking and brake again (of just lift the brakes a bit), but I really don't know how I can avoid it so easily.

Yes it is doable. I did it ?

• Like 1

These are great news guys, thanks a lot for the update! ? I was pretty sad that I had missed this one, and now I can go for it! :) I'll be buying the game today. ?

As I've never played this game (or any hardcore racing sim before), I have some noob questions :blush::

1.) All I need to do is to finish within the TOP 3000 players? If I finish at 2900th place (for example) and 101 more people beat my time before the event ends, would I get progress towards the trophy or not? :hmm:

2.) If I want to do it like @Saionji and @TrueMrBubbles and get :bronze:Community Ambassador as my first trophy (to prevent possible glitches and thus avoiding an unobtainable on my profile), the only thing to make sure of is not over-heating the breaks? I suppose this would be quite hard to avoid for someone new to the game like me - @totallycrushed you said you had some method, could you link it to me, please? ?

Also which would be the other miscellaneous trophies to avoid that @Han_the_Dragon mentioned?

I wish you all lot of luck towards this trophy and thank everyone in advance for the help! :wave:

Edited by Platagonist
Typo.

11 minutes ago, Platagonist said:

2.) If I want to do it like @Saionji and @TrueMrBubbles and get :bronze:Community Ambassador as my first trophy (to prevent possible glitches and thus avoiding an unobtainable on my profile), the only thing to make sure of is not over-heating the breaks? I suppose this would be quite hard to avoid for someone new to the game like me

You must simply set a valid lap time then you can quit from the event, no need to get into top 3000 from what I know. The trophy is glitchy so keep participating in those events until it pops.

I played every event slowly setting some nooby times which looked ridiculous but I triggered no trophy that way.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 2:08 AM, totallycrushed said:

Alright! New events are added and they run all the way to November. This is your chance to go for the plat again if you missed it the last time.

28 new Events, one on-going right now so get to it! And one On-Demand with Racing Icons DLC.

I'll keep updating this thread again whenever an event goes live! 

Great news for people who already own the game. Had a chance to buy it, but didn't because I thought I didn't have enough time. Oh well, good luck to everyone going for the trophy.

21 hours ago, Saionji said:

You must simply set a valid lap time then you can quit from the event, no need to get into top 3000 from what I know. The trophy is glitchy so keep participating in those events until it pops.

I played every event slowly setting some nooby times which looked ridiculous but I triggered no trophy that way.

Thanks for your answer! :)

So just finishing each race is enough? There is no need to be in TOP 3000 to get the trophy to pop (sooner or later - considering that it's glitchy)?

Just looking for confirmation from multiple people, even though I trust you on this - I really don't want to mess this up. :blush: Your nooby times could have made it into TOP 3000 as well. ?

Thanks a lot in advance! ?

1 hour ago, Platagonist said:

So just finishing each race is enough?

Yes but you cant really finish those events, you race as long as you like until you quit.

1 hour ago, Platagonist said:

There is no need to be in TOP 3000 to get the trophy to pop (sooner or later - considering that it's glitchy)?

Yes, most of the time I remember there wasnt 3k people participating anyways so my times were still in top 3k either way.

As long as theres at least 25-30 events in the future I would go for this trophy, I also heard rumours that old events are replayable... this way it will never be unachievable actually.

Edited by Saionji

2 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

@Saionji Old events are not replayable until SMS decides to make them upcoming, see the new upcoming list for how it works.

I see, I havent checked PC in awhile now to be honest. Someone on .org mentioned you can re-enter old events or something...

Well that’s a time set for my first community event. Really should have followed @Saionjis advice and driven like a nana as I popped the trophies for braking from 100 to 0 in 2 seconds (really don’t see how only a third of people have earned this given how easy it was in a Formula A car) and having my brakes reach 1000 degrees. Kind of annoying that my plat time will now be 3+ months instead of a couple or 3 weeks to get all the other trophies besides Community Ambassador. Oh well, I needed a couple of random trophies earned once I’ve platted This War Of Mine, Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online and Dark Souls Remastered to get me to 9,998 trophies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

Anyone knows how many community events will happen in 2018? I want to know if the Community Embassador trophy would be achievable for newcomers. 

Have a look at the original post and they are all listed there. There are 28 new events for for 2018 with the second ending on Monday. So yes this trophy is possible for newcomers but you’ll want to start ASAP.

• Like 2

Just to make sure, it looks like if I start now I will be able to make it since there are about 25 more events available. Will all the events listed be released for sure?

Just installed the game and they are all lined up. Awesome, Off to start working towards this then.

Edited by vujos