Statistics bug

Maxximum

Hello PSNProfiles!

In my statistics, it says that I've earned 21 trophies in December 2016 and 15 trophies in January 2017, which is wrong. I actually earned 19 trophies in December 2016 and 17 trophies in January 2017.

I got the Battlefield 4 Platinum just 8 minutes after New Year. Could that be the problem? I don't think so, because my timezone is correct.

15 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

When I check your profile, it says you got the Battlefield 4 plat at 10:08:22pm on 31st Dec 2016.

How is that possible? It's actually 12:08:22am on my profile. I remember looking at @FilmFanatic's profile where he platted a lot of games on the 31st of December 2015, but it was actually 1st January 2016. @TheYuriG says that my timezone doesn't match his.

" He did them all in jan 1st, it's just that your timezone doesn't match his. he got 2 plats in the first minute of 2016 "

3 minutes ago, ee28max said:

How is that possible? It's actually 12:08:22am on my profile. I remember looking at @FilmFanatic's profile where he platted a lot of games on the 31st of December 2015, but it was actually 1st January 2016. @TheYuriG says that my timezone doesn't match his.

" He did them all in jan 1st, it's just that your timezone doesn't match his. he got 2 plats in the first minute of 2016 "

Yup, he got the both plats on the first minute of 2016 in his timezone but in yours, that would still be December 31th. Don't know what your issue here is, though. 

There could be a possibility that the trophy times on peoples profiles are changed to whatever timezone the viewer has their profile here set to, rather than keeping them to what timezone the earner has it set to or what time the earner earned them according to Sony's servers. The stats page may have trophy times set to UTC regardless of whatever timezone the viewer or earner has it set to, or what time the trophies were earned according to Sony's servers.

3 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

There could be a possibility that the trophy times on peoples profiles are changed to whatever timezone the viewer has their profile here set to

This is exactly it.

I also see his Battlefield Platinum earned on 31st December. However, it's  11:08:22 PM. Hour later than what you see it. 

Which is exactly the difference between UK and CZE timezones (currently) :)

Since it would take too many recalculations to adjust stats to all timezones, I would bet on stats being based on UTC. 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

On 1/14/2017 at 11:56 AM, ee28max said:

In my statistics, it says that I've earned 21 trophies in December 2016 and 15 trophies in January 2017, which is wrong. I actually earned 19 trophies in December 2016 and 17 trophies in January 2017.

That’s because monthly activity graph using UTC time: