Gamestop slimming their Vita stock? Huge discounts.

Eyjabria

Just a heads up: Noticed that Gamestop in Finland has some great discounts on a selection of Vita games. Prices start from 0,01 € (https://www.gamestop.fi/PS Vita/Games/64766/j-stars-victory-vs)!

https://www.gamestop.fi/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=12

I don't know if they have discounts in stores and the Helsinki Kamppi store doesn't even stock Vita games on their shelves, so these might be available via their website only.

The discounts for Norway as well. SAO Hollow Realization is 300 Norwegian crowns, about £30.

EDIT: Sigh, I bought Lost Song a few months ago for 300 and now it's 100! And it seems I can't order anything, just click and collect. :(

Edited by Edunstar84

Not too surprising as many publishers of Vita titles went digital only, reducing the amount of traffic GameStop is going to get to both their stores and site from people looking for Vita titles. FWIW, there are no penny games on the us site or at the five GameStop stores close to my house.

Great deals for Vita players in Finland , i didn't even knew that there were Gamestops on Finland tbh :o

0,01 for J-Stars Victory VS + that's truly a total steal right there :D

Just now, DamagingRob said:

No one in North America seems to even be selling the console anymore. Everywhere I've looked is sold out, and Amazon has only secondary sellers selling them. Get what you can, while you can. 

The riots will spread like wild fire through out the Planet when the the real shortage of Vita stuff begin . We must brace ourselves and get every hardware/software Vita related before it's our doom :jaymon:

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 7:38 AM, DamagingRob said:

No one in North America seems to even be selling the console anymore. Everywhere I've looked is sold out, and Amazon has only secondary sellers selling them. Get what you can, while you can. 

We still have a shitload of PSVita consoles and games here in California. I seen them in Gamestop, Best Buy and Fry's Electronic. I don't know about Walmart though.

EBgames (owned by Gamestop) in Australia recently cleared a ton of their Vita stock for an average of $5 AUD per game. Unfortunately not a great selection, but was a good opportunity to pick up a couple of classics I could never justify paying full price for.

The Vita is pretty much dead in Australia ... save for a new release every couple months which you may never see in store unless you pre-order.

4 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

We still have a shitload of PSVita consoles and games here in California. I seen them in Gamestop, Best Buy and Fry's Electronic. I don't know about Walmart though.

They may still have some up by Chicago. Around here, though... But with every online retailer, including Amazon, no longer appearing to sell them, or waiting for a restock, it may not be long before the well dries up completely. 

2 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

I would get a vita (for uncharted, lego avengers, dunno what else is on the system) but too pricey :/

Pricey? I just checked the German Gamestop website (we don't have a Gamestop store in the Netherlands and there are no Vita systems for sale anymore in the Netherlands) and they sell a Vita system for only €99,99. That's far from pricey for a relatively new handheld in my opinion. It might be a little more expensive where you live but the difference surely can't be too big.

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Pricey? I just checked the German Gamestop website (we don't have a Gamestop store in the Netherlands and there are no Vita systems for sale anymore in the Netherlands) and they sell a Vita system for only €99,99. That's far from pricey for a relatively new handheld in my opinion. It might be a little more expensive where you live but the difference surely can't be too big.

Daaaaamn, that's a lot cheaper than U.S. GameStops, I can tell you that. $159.99 is the cheapest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

1 hour ago, sephirothdude said:

If only gamestop in Ireland would do the same.

They may list it in their store for 100 EUR but it's not available online nor in any of the stores according to their site. The same goes for many of the really good deals like Odin Sphere for 10 EUR...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

$160 to 200 here.

8 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Daaaaamn, that's a lot cheaper than U.S. GameStops, I can tell you that. $159.99 is the cheapest. 

And they'll give you a whole $10 if you trade one in to them :awesome:

On 1/14/2017 at 10:29 AM, DaivRules said:

Not too surprising as many publishers of Vita titles went digital only, reducing the amount of traffic GameStop is going to get to both their stores and site from people looking for Vita titles. FWIW, there are no penny games on the us site or at the five GameStop stores close to my house.

I went to the local store during December and they didn't have a single game on display. I asked an employee about it and he said that they were all held in the back because so few people even looked at them. They had a ton of premium currency cards for free-to-play games where they usually had the vita games displayed. It was a punch in the gut that free-to-play premium currency is more popular than the vita.

Same here, if you check their italian store there is Danganrompa 1 for 10 € and Dangarmpa 2 for 15 € but (Of course) not available, so i went one day wanting Daganrompa and asked and nope, that's not their real price, ti cost 30 in reality, oh thanks -_- 

Now i go there just for PSN Codes or Super Used offert.That's it, don't even try to see recent stuff.

PsVita games is better to just get them on sale, for whatever reason, at least here, Retail are so expansive even after years most of the times....

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.1.2017 at 4:38 PM, DamagingRob said:

Yeah, I'm using a pricecomparison-searchengine that is pretty popular for PCs/PC-parts/Software/Games/Electronics/etc and also used by multiple Austrian and German partner sites, and it seems nobody in Austria is selling a Vita anymore. The only entry for the Vita listed there is 300€ from a third party seller via Amazon.

Before I'm buying a new Vita for 300€, if I need a new one somewhen maybe, I'm going to order one from here...

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/145-psvita-consoles-systems

Also, they are shipping some of their stuff via Amazon France, which makes it less pricey for EU residents...

11 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

Also, they are shipping some of their stuff via Amazon France, which makes it less pricey for EU residents...

Nah, that's not really true. They offer the shipping via Amazon France but that costs extra. Although for a order with only a Vita they only charge about ~32 EUR for shipping via Amazon France whereas EMS and FedEx would be ~24 EUR. SAL-shipping 17 EUR. But the additional shipping costs are at least lower than the possible custom fees and VATs you had to pay (~38 EUR at least).

16 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Nah, that's not really true. They offer the shipping via Amazon France but that costs extra. Although for a order with only a Vita they only charge about ~32 EUR for shipping via Amazon France whereas EMS and FedEx would be ~24 EUR. SAL-shipping 17 EUR. But the additional shipping costs are at least lower than the possible custom fees and VATs you had to pay (~38 EUR at least).

Well, I paid 30€ Import Fees for a Vita game I got from PlayAsia... So, I don't want to know what a Vita would cost when it wouldn't be shipped via Amazon France. :)