Have you received recently strange messages on PSN?

aimeraya

Hello,

these 2 days, i just received more than 5 strange messages on PSN, some are about "click ooxx to get free PSN card" and the others are just meaningless like "loser", "I'll eat your children's souls through their faces" or "Don't cry, sweeties".

I asked some of my friends and they told me they received messages like above, too.

I wonder there is some hacking activity on PSN or what?

About two weeks ago I got put into a 50-person group message on my US account. I only ever use that account for buying things, so I'm not sure where they got the name from.

Anyway, that was named "Free PSN Codes!!!!!" or something, but I don't think there were any messages or links in it. Attempting to leave it kept giving me the message "Cannot leave group" and that persisted for a few days until it eventually let me. That might've been happening to other people too, since I was in the group for over a week before I logged in and realised, and barely anyone else had left in that time.

It was strange, though, if only because it was sent to an account that nobody should really know about.

6 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

About two weeks ago I got put into a 50-person group message on my US account. I only ever use that account for buying things, so I'm not sure where they got the name from.

Anyway, that was named "Free PSN Codes!!!!!" or something, but I don't think there were any messages or links in it. Attempting to leave it kept giving me the message "Cannot leave group" and that persisted for a few days until it eventually let me. That might've been happening to other people too, since I was in the group for over a week before I logged in and realised, and barely anyone else had left in that time.

It was strange, though, if only because it was sent to an account that nobody should really know about.

If it's pretty old, they likely got it from either the database of usernames leaked a couple years ago, or even the psn hack from 2011. Even my JP account that I never play on and use to only download stuff has ended up in one of those group messages

I got some people that send me friend requests, I accept them. 1 wanted to play a game that I didn't had, so I said I didn't had it, he then started calling me loser for not having the game, so I deleted him. (Also worth mention that I checked this guy here to see his profile but got a message saying he doesn't want to be checked here. Never seen that before.)

The next one was 2 days after that. He asked for my name, my address and if we could use video chat. I though that was weird, I only answered the name but it was with the PSN Name, but the weirdest thing was that I checked is profile, just to see if we had any games that we could play. But he didn't had none. He was at level 1 with 0 trophies and he asked me that stuff. Just weird, so I deleted him too. Didn't knew we could report them, how do we do that, just so I can be prepared the next time.

• Like 2

There's a site where you can spam someone with a sh*t tons of bots messages with all random names, I won't tell the site because it can be really annoying to get troll by that. One of my friends had that and it's someone in his friendlist who did it and it send like 50 messages in a minute and almost froze his PS4.. Some people really have nothing else to do xD

• Like 1

Yup, I got placed in some group and the person left a bunch of messages about "Free PSN codes". It always happened when I was on my PS3 though, then I'd check on my PS4 and see the group thing. I just changed my settings to received messages from Friends Only. Oh yeah, they always ended with some weird "Add me if you play Overwatch/BF1".

Haven't received any strange messages on PSN recently or ever if i can recall . Just from my friends on PSN or ocassional people i encounter online but nothing offensive or suspicious , so luckily i'm good for now ^_^

Edited by Sigma999
  • Like 1

I used to get really creepy and disturbing messages talking about murder and eating the flesh of children. One of these people did nothing but sending creepy emojis, and at one point said they would track me down, rape me and kill my entire family. It was very scary stuff. Now I only receive messages from friends.

Edited by AnimeDreama

• 5 months later...

I get weird invites to unofficial tournaments for Sports games worth "valuable cash prizes", people offering to shareplay trophies for me that they see me talking about, presumably, on other forums for, of course, a little money for their precious time (have only received two of those, though), and the occasional spam/phish that I delete/block/ignore. Don't see anything abstract like that, but i would probably just report and block if it did happen and the problem would shortly resolve itself in due time.

Believe it or not, I think the most annoying out of anything I receive is people requesting that I earn trophies for THEM after they see me either on here offering advice to someone, or on other trophy sites. Brutality 101 in Arkham Knight was a pretty weird time for my inbox on PSN, since I got quite a few people asking me to shareplay it for them with various degrees of desperation, some even offering money. Funny thing about that trophy is that I don't even think I can pull it off with even 20% succession rate, even at the infamous exploit spot towards the end of the game.

17 hours ago, kubanm3 said:

I've got one as well.

Is it something to worry about? Those are funny, though.

rxgm7o.png

5hXJZ5.png

I got exactly the same message  but from another "person?". the weird thing is i got this in a account that i only used to buy games

• Like 2