Trophy Thoughts

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday I played it for the first time - 5 quick trophy within 30 minutes, but that is... With these 100 and 1000 wins in ranked - dunno what will do really, provided that two hours had 2 wins and 10 losses. This is hell of a grinding almost forever!

Smithy, there is no trophy for collecting dog tags, but instead, you need to collect medals to unlock the stages. If you enjoy playing this game, I'm guessing you'll be laying this game for 500ish hours. That is unless you'll be kicking in the extra cash.

Edited by AndroidMonkie

6 minutes ago, AndroidMonkie said:

Smithy, there is no trophy for collecting dog tags, but instead, you need to collect medals to unlock the stages. If you enjoy playing this game, I'm guessing you'll be laying this game for 100ish hours. That is unless you'll be kicking in the extra cash.

Can you lose those medals? So if an enemy attacks me,and they win, will I lose progress towards unlocking the stages?

5 hours ago, Smithy said:

Can you lose those medals? So if an enemy attacks me,and they win, will I lose progress towards unlocking the stages?

i think you will be downgraded back to the previous stages(judging from that popular mobile game - Clash Royale), which makes unlocking the later stage will be as hellish than the before one(battle island) , IMO, i don't think this is anywhere easier than battle island..  although the trophy is pretty straight forward though, but doing them will be so much pain and time consuming unless you are very good at this.. 

Edited by JunPei_TGB
typo

7 hours ago, JunPei_TGB said:

i think you will be downgraded back to the previous stages(judging from that popular mobile game - Clash Royale), which makes unlocking the later stage will be as hellish than the before one(battle island) , IMO, i don't think this is anywhere easier than battle island..  although the trophy is pretty straight forward though, but doing them will be so much pain and time consuming unless you are very good at this.. 

Although you aren't downgraded to the previous stage when you lose points, it does affect how much more effort is needed to get to the next stage up. I did find that when winning I could get around +5 to around +40 points or a win depending on the circumstances. Losses are around the same, I haven't found them to be too detrimental yet.

The 1000 wins is the true killer here, depending on how long it takes to get from the second to last stage at around 1900 points to the final stage at 3000 points

////////    The medals are the same as the dog tags.  You will need 3000 medals.  ////////          The WAR VETERAN trophy is also grindy.    For this trophy you will need to promote 20 units to rank 5.    In order to rank up a unit you will  need to collect unit points for that unit.    You will collect  2-20ish random unit points from crates after each win.    2 points to reach Rank 2.    4 points for Rank 3.   10 points for Rank 4.    20 points for Rank 5.   ( then  50 / 100 / 200 )    There are 45 units you will be collecting random unit points for.  You can purchase specific unit points, but after you buy a few the price skyrockets.  You can request unit points from mates in your alliance.   Also you can buy crates.   If you plan on spending real world money on this game it can be achieved much faster.     

Another thing to consider is that you can use your gold to open crates you win in battle!!!   If you don't buy gold to use for this game it will be even more of a grind.

Can I get my first vote up? ; )

Edited by AndroidMonkie
additional information
  • Like 2

I used to buy the 100€ Package to open Chests faster and receive faster strong Units. But without spend more money it seems impossible to Pass the 2000 Medals. 

I think the 3000 Medals are the Killer Trophy. If the Game got older and the Community got more Medals it will be easier to reach a high Level, but for now 3000 is impossible. 

The 1000 Wins are easy. You can loose a streak of Games and play some other ps3/vita Games by the side. After you are down to 500 Medals you can smash each Opponent easier. If you ranked up do the same again. Easy to Grind wins. 

20 Units promote to Level 5 is just Time. Open your Daily Treasures and you got it within 1 or 2 Months.

I will Grind now until 800 Wins, than Retire and only open Daily my Treasures. After the 3000 Medals will be easier i will come Back to finish this.

The biggest gripe I have about this game is that if you get stuck or aren't quite good enough to progress there isn't really any way to get tougher like other free to play games. I mean if you keep losing you don't get anything for your time at all. On top of that you can't quit a match and have to just shrug through if you know you are over matched from the get go. You essentially have to spend money or wait days to get enough cards to improve your forces. This has got to be the worst game I've seen in quite a while in terms of pay to win.

• Like 1

Seems easy, even more if you played clash royale before. About the theaters (arenas) and the points nedeed, they will raise eventually when more players play the game and they become easier to get, same as clash royale, so just worry to get good level of cards, and you will rank up eventually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tw34kfr34ky said:

Is there even a Western Front Theater?

Seems kind of strange there arent any units to be earned in it

Looks the same as clash royale's legendary arena, 3000 cups and no new cards. The top players are around 2600.

It's a pretty easy game. Most other people don't have a good strategy for winning yet. The servers are shit though. I've lost a couple hundred medals simply because the servers dropped me.

Having reached 1400 medals it's not pretty obvious how pay to win it is this early. I'm playing against people with all level 8-10 units. Until all the paying players get to above 3000 medals it'll be a while until free players can get the platinum.

Edited by kuuhaku