Vita trophy advice please? Gonna start GOW1+2 soon..

rockstarjazz

i am surprised the trophies are glitched for the vita version of these games. theres so many threads here and its left me confused.

can anyone here advise what should be done to avoid trophy glitches? i see to not press the PS button - is this whilst playing or when the program is open at all? i will be playing this game for a few hours then stop and continue the next day - so surely i should be able to play, exit, switch off, switch on, load game, resume, etc? i am not going to keep the thing on overnight!

if i play offline will this affect trophies or not? must a connection be there to trigger trophies or is this done within the system?

i am checking the precautions before playing to avoid trophy glitches

There doesn't seem to be any definitive info, but I was able to get the plat over the last 24 hours by staying offline and not pressing the PS button. I kept it suspended overnight and it worked just fine in the morning, but it should all be the same if you just restart the Vita between sessions. I turned wifi off and restarted my Vita before starting the game, for whatever that's worth, and trophies synced just fine after I got the plat and closed the app. It seems like it's glitched the same way Bioshock Infinite is; everything works until your PSN sign-in status changes, then nothing works. So, starting and staying offline should stop any problems...hopefully. I'd recommend cycling between save slots anyway just in case something doesn't unlock so you don't need to do another complete playthrough. Best of luck!

• 7 months later...

I listened to this advice for most of the game, and then made the fatal mistake of going back to the VITA Menu to upload my trophies. Went back in and completed the challenge of the gods (easily took me about 3 hours to do) and after completing it, no trophy. I wanted to murder my Vita.

I reset my Vita and I'm currently going through the Challenge again. My biggest concern is that the reset didn't fix the problem...

Once you start playing the game, DO NOT BACK OUT OF IT.

• Like 1

When I was playing, I found that as long as I didn't back out of the game and then start it again, I didn't have any problems. What I mean by that is I quit the game and shut off the console as normal throughout my playthrough, and never had any problems. The one time I did quit the game and start it again, without having turned the console off, is when trophies stopped unlocking. Problem was solved by restarting the system. 

It's not a definitive solution, so if you want to be especially cautious you may want to play the game continuously, suspending the console whenever you want to take a break. Playing offline is also a good idea, as (I think) I did. 

Never let the Vita go into suspend mode, go back to your home screen, or press the power button and later resume play. Play the game for as long as you are going to play it and when you are done, save the game and shut the Vita down.

This is what I did anyway ... didn't get any glitches with trophies on my run and I did it over several days.

• 3 months later...

I have being letting the Vita go into suspend mode, going back to home screen and also pressing the power button and later resuming play without any trophy glitch on me and I only need two more trophies for the platinum. I only turn wifi off when playing the game. 

On 1/10/2018 at 8:31 AM, WormfraS said:

I have being letting the Vita go into suspend mode, going back to home screen and also pressing the power button and later resuming play without any trophy glitch on me and I only need two more trophies for the platinum. I only turn wifi off when playing the game. 

I guess I talk to soon. Challenge of the gods did not unlock for me. Not sure if i want to go back through that nightmare. 

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I thought this problem was fixed ages ago.

Clearly not. I had to start over again to get the trophy I just got, despite doing it when I started the game over to get this off my backlog. And Rockin' the Boat didn't pop for me either. And after rebooting trying it again it didn't count either, so I guess I have to start over again and get to this point yet again just to do the first sexy time to pop it. Only reason I'm here is because it wasn't working.

After reading this thread in it's entirety, I did exactly what a user on page 5 said.

Evey time I wanted to play the game I:

1. Booted up my Vita
  2. Loading my trophies and sync'd with server, leaving this window open in the background
  3. Launched the game, playing as much as I wanted
  4. Never let it suspend or go to sleep
  5. When done with my play session I'd close the game, sync the trophies, and close the trophy window
  6. Shut off the Vita

Each time I played over the course of a week I did these exact steps and had no trouble at all with any trophies unlocking.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...