Inability to Download the DLC Cases in L.A. Noire on the European PS3 Digital Download Version

Porchema

Hey guys! 

I've been having this issue for a while now and from what I've read over the net, it's been going on for a while. So I downloaded the digital complete edition (13GB) and the three other desks: Arson (3.5GB), Vice (2.8GB) and Homicide (5.2GB) - a total of 18.7GB. I also read that the complete edition is supposed to be 25GB or something like that.

I checked the PSN store via ingame and it just shows what I've already installed. I've played through all main cases with the DLC cases nowhere to be seen. I tried to delete all game data and reinstall and nothing.

If I get the disk version of the complete edition, will the DLC be included or does it have to be downloaded?

Edited by Porchema

I got 100% with the EU digital version of the complete edition, there was a problem where some story desks couldn't be downloaded (thus, the game was unbeatable), but they were finally added just before I started the game.

If they've gone missing again it's ridiculous. Why they're even separate downloads in the first place is beyond me, that's just asking for trouble like this.

Edited by madbuk

28 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I got 100% with the EU digital version of the complete edition, there was a problem where some story desks couldn't be downloaded (thus, the game was unbeatable), but they were finally added just before I started the game.

If they've gone missing again it's ridiculous. Why they're even separate downloads in the first place is beyond me, that's just asking for trouble like this.

I read about that problem as well, but it's not what I mean. I can download the three desks (Arson, Homicide and Vice) via the in-game store. The problem is that these three downloads do not contain the other 4 DLCs (The Naked City, A Slip of the Tongue, Nicholson Electroplating, Reefer Madness). I can't find them to be downloaded separately from the store either. They're just not included although it say it's the Complete Edition.

Edited by Porchema

33 minutes ago, Porchema said:

I read about that problem as well, but it's not what I mean. I can download the three desks (Arson, Homicide and Vice) via the in-game store. The problem is that these three downloads do not contain the other 4 DLCs (The Naked City, A Slip of the Tongue, Nicholson Electroplating, Reefer Madness). I can't find them to be downloaded separately from the store either. They're just not included although it say it's the Complete Edition.

Did you try searching the webstore? The DLC are downloaded separately to the main game, and imo the PS3 store is a bit cumbersome to navigate.

If you can't find them on the webstore... I have no idea. Have you checked the cases on the main menu? I don't think the game naturally includes them in the story, so if you just played through naturally you wouldve skipped them, only way to launch them is via the cases desk menu afaik.

10 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Did you try searching the webstore? The DLC are downloaded separately to the main game, and imo the PS3 store is a bit cumbersome to navigate.

If you can't find them on the webstore... I have no idea. Have you checked the cases on the main menu? I don't think the game naturally includes them in the story, so if you just played through naturally you wouldve skipped them, only way to launch them is via the cases desk menu afaik.

I searched the Store through the PS3 main menu, in-game and even via PC with no luck. There's only one result when searching for the game in the EU Store which is the Complete Edition version of it. Its file size is only 13GB. When I download it I still have to get the 3 remaining desks. Afterwards when I check the in-game store, all it shows is the 3 desks that I've already downloaded.

Just now, Porchema said:

I searched the Store through the PS3 main menu, in-game and even via PC with no luck. There's only one result when searching for the game in the EU Store which is the Complete Edition version of it. Its file size is only 13GB. When I download it I still have to get the 3 remaining desks. Afterwards when I check the in-game store, all it shows is the 3 desks that I've already downloaded.

I did go to Cases in the main menu after beating the game, but they weren't there either. 

13 minutes ago, Porchema said:

My advice would be to check your download list. I know it's pretty painful to look through it if you have a ton of purchases, but it seems like your only chance of downloading it.

23 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

My advice would be to check your download list. I know it's pretty painful to look through it if you have a ton of purchases, but it seems like your only chance of downloading it.

I have already looked, multiple times. The only downloads there are the Complete Edition and the three desks that you have to download in-game. That's it. There's no sight of the DLCs on the whole PS3 anywhere, not in-game, not in my download list, nor in the store. Don't know how this could happen. 

11 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Have you tried looking up the dlc individually to see if it says purchased or not?...

Edit: from within the psstore...

2nd edit: nvm, read above...strange problem...time to contact r* perhaps...

I went and grabbed the physical version of the game. All is good now.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Nisay75 said:

hello, I have the same problem, the dlc have been removed from the store, so I can not play dlc's while I have the goty. It's a shame that Sony removes the dlc's of a game and put on sale the goty on the store...

Hey,

It seems the problem is yet to be addressed although I've encountered many others with the same issue.

I've even submitted a question on the R* L.A. Noire support and still no response from an admin.

Link: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000432727-L-A-Noire-Complete-Edition-Digital-Version-doesn-t-have-DLC-to-download