If you are having Frame Rate issues

Paleblood

If you are having Framerate issues, just reinstall the game. No really, trust me.

So, I've bought the game and downloaded it. After Episode 1 I saw I had to download the other ones manually. So I did that.

When I played Episode 2, I had some frame drops, but nothing you can't handle if you like Telltake games.

But it wasn't until Episode 3, the shit really hit the fan...

Constant framerate problems, glitchy visuals (like parts of the game were missing, faces disappearing etc..), fight scenes unplayable at times, audio glitches, missing audio, lips not moving while speaking, lips moving but nobody is speaking, audio from the last scene is looping, buttons wouldn't work at times... the list goes on.

Now I'm telling you this because I read that a lot of people have those problems, but it seems like everyone has them at different times/points in the game.

So I deleted the whole game, and downloaded ALL EPISODES AT ONCE. Started it when everything was installed, now working like a charm.

I had ZERO framedrops in Episode 4.

That's what worked for me, just wanted to let you guys know. Having an absolute blast with the game now.

Edited by Schlumpfkiller7
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

If you're having frame rate issues, get used to it, because it's a Telltale game.

It's like the telltale sign you're playing a Telltale game.

Thats some stupid shit right there.
Why would you accept something you can easily avoid? Thats like walking on one leg the whole time, just because it's the ''Telltale way'' to do stuff.

@StrickenBigedI had one crash in Episode 5 chapter 4 I think. But it wasn't that bad.

But still, re-installing the game worked like a charm for me. Still no framedrops in Episode 5, just the one, above mentioned, crash.

Love this game.

Edited by Schlumpfkiller7
  • Like 2

If you're having frame rate issues, get used to it, because it's a Telltale game.

17 minutes ago, Schlumpfkiller7 said:

Why would you accept something you can easily avoid? Thats like walking on one leg the whole time, just because it's the ''Telltale way'' to do stuff.

Clearly you've real all of Spider-Guys stuff and know his sense of humor.

3 hours ago, Schlumpfkiller7 said:

Clearly you don't know my sense of humor either. 

I just don't found this one particularly funny, but I don't think thats important anyway.

Nah, I definitely know your sense of humor. Your 12 post history here showed you have no sense of humor and your 13th post just backed that up. I know Spider-Guys humor because most of his 1,800+ posts are comprised of his humor.

I hope you stick around and relax enough to show everyone your sense of humor. Calling a funny post "stupid shit" hasn't been the best introduction to you.

On Topic: Thank you for your tip. An uninstall and full-reinstall should be everybodies first reaction to glitches or issues, but unfortunately it seems most people get a glitch, bitch they had to deal with a glitch and move on, telling others about the issues incessantly. Thank you for trying to troubleshoot and share your good experience with everyone here at PSNP.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Nah, I definitely know your sense of humor. Your 12 post history here showed you have no sense of humor and your 13th post just backed that up. I know Spider-Guys humor because most of his 1,800+ posts are comprised of his humor.

I hope you stick around and relax enough to show everyone your sense of humor. Calling a funny post "stupid shit" hasn't been the best introduction to you.

On Topic: Thank you for your tip. An uninstall and full-reinstall should be everybodies first reaction to glitches or issues, but unfortunately it seems most people get a glitch, bitch they had to deal with a glitch and move on, telling others about the issues incessantly. Thank you for trying to troubleshoot and share your good experience with everyone here at PSNP.

You got some other hobbies, or is it just just looking through posts of people here?

Sorry I didn't study Spider dude before answering, I should've been way more intimidated of his mighty 1k posts.

You don't even know if he even thinks I'm attacking him, because I clearly don't, thats just me. Thats exactly how I talk to my friends. (And don't even try to be creative and turn that against me like a toddler.)

You definitely seem more offended then he is, but I will apologize if I hurt your feelings in any way.

Just wanted to share something I found useful.

*munches on popcorn...batman in backlog, takes note of possible upcoming issues...patiently waits for season 3 of fox special "when trophy hunters attack"....will daiv continue to defend his hero, spidey?...or has the 14-post schlumpf's apology been enough to put this thread to rest?...*

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

*munches on popcorn...batman in backlog, takes note of possible upcoming issues...patiently waits for season 3 of fox special "when trophy hunters attack"....will daiv continue to defend his hero, spidey?...or has the 14-post schlumpf's apology been enough to put this thread to rest?...*

I laughed way too much about your post^^

You already got the game, or do you just want to play it sometime?

Seeing how you platinumed the other Batman games, what do you think about Blackgate? I saw you started it awhile ago.

Always wanted to buy it, is it any good?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Yes the game crashed twice on me once it froze on chapter 3 midway through on section 3.4 then on chapter 5 on section 5.5 with numerous frame rate issues throughout the game i am definitely avoiding Season 2.

See, thats a shame :/

I absolutely loved the game once I dealt with all the issues, and I can't wait for a second season.

But I understand if something like that ruined your experience.

2 minutes ago, Schlumpfkiller7 said:

See, thats a shame :/

I absolutely loved the game once I dealt with all the issues, and I can't wait for a second season.

But I understand if something like that ruined your experience.

Yeah i did not say i did not like it i really did but i am refusing to buy a second season when it is this sloppy, i think their only excuse was that they had Walking Dead series 3 although i really wish to play it i am going to see how it pans out hence why i feel this title was rushed towards the end. The exploration part was pretty lacklustre and was pretty much obvious what to do unlike previous instalments of Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us where there was more a mystery element to putting two an two together. I felt that was really gone here especially when Batman this dark conflicted character is all about mystery and uncovering his past to deal with his present etc, major missed opportunity there the crashes and constant bugs just put me off for any more. 

sorry, late reply...long day at work and efforts to post on breaks put into another thread...yes, i bought batman (digital, not sure if physical is out yet) a little while ago when it was on sale so appreciate the advice on frame rate issues...have a massive backlog and busy life at this point so probably won't get around to it soon but have made a mental note of what you've recommended...as for blackgate, i played it for about 4 hours or so for the kill your completion...again event, which i couldn't complete due to a total lack of spare time, on this site a few months ago...if interested i have a review on youtube of my short experience with the game which i'll post below...i've only played the series on ps3, don't have a ps4 yet, and in comparison to other batman games was honestly not very impressive...perhaps better as a vita game?...nonetheless, possibly from bias from enjoying the other games in the series, i kind of liked it, found it somewhat addictive, and am looking forward to playing it again after finishing off one piece: pirate warriors and infamous 2 (worried about them online based trophies; never know when servers are to be shut down)...all i got...cheers...

21 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

sorry, late reply...long day at work and efforts to post on breaks put into another thread...yes, i bought batman (digital, not sure if physical is out yet) a little while ago when it was on sale so appreciate the advice on frame rate issues...have a massive backlog and busy life at this point so probably won't get around to it soon but have made a mental note of what you've recommended...as for blackgate, i played it for about 4 hours or so for the kill your completion...again event, which i couldn't complete due to a total lack of spare time, on this site a few months ago...if interested i have a review on youtube of my short experience with the game which i'll post below...i've only played the series on ps3, don't have a ps4 yet, and in comparison to other batman games was honestly not very impressive...perhaps better as a vita game?...nonetheless, possibly from bias from enjoying the other games in the series, i kind of liked it, found it somewhat addictive, and am looking forward to playing it again after finishing off one piece: pirate warriors and infamous 2 (worried about them online based trophies; never know when servers are to be shut down)...all i got...cheers...

I actually watched the whole review and i thought it was pretty good!

Yeah, sounds like the type of game you pick up once you've done all the main entries but still are hungry for a little more.

Nonetheless it looks fun. I got it on the Vita, maybe keep it that way? Wanted to upgrade to the Ps3 Version.

Damn I forgot inFamous 2 has online trophies, thanks for the reminder! I would like to plat that one day, since I enjoyed First Light and Second Son that much.

• 8 months later...

Thank you so much!

I can't figure out why this title is in this condition; it doesn't have a massive work like GTA and it doesn't have massive things happenings that might cause slow down such as an action game with mass carnage. I've been experiencing missing textures and absent sound effects during my time playing. I think Telltale needs a new quality control policy. I'm almost scared to purchase games from them anymore.

Edited by Crispy78923
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/17/2017 at 0:52 AM, Joker said:

Lol, I just read the posts that followed this, somehow didn't see it a year ago, got a notification bump when someone liked my comment just a minute ago.

I'm proud I've got a defense force on here, but for the record, not that it matters at all anyway, of course I don't think you're being a dick or anything.

But to clarify, a year later, I'm basically saying Telltale games are always full of glitches. As for "accepting something you can easily avoid" well, you can't easily avoid it, that's the point. Telltale's shit is always broken, their engine has DESPERATELY needed an overhaul for probably half a decade at this point. 

On 1/17/2017 at 6:18 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Did anyone else get the same glitch I did though? I can't remember what episode, but Bruce and Harvey were on like a bridge thing talking, and the whole time Bruce's head was like pointed in the other direction, and not in an intentional way, in a "oh my God stop, your neck must be killing" kind of way.

my thought exactly.. its okay though.. wait until Harley is nearly leaving.. Bruce head will even start twitching a lot, yes, I mean a lot! reminds me some horror game like silent hill? ??

Edited by JunPei_TGB

On ‎18‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 0:01 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Lol, I just read the posts that followed this, somehow didn't see it a year ago, got a notification bump when someone liked my comment just a minute ago.

I'm proud I've got a defense force on here, but for the record, not that it matters at all anyway, of course I don't think you're being a dick or anything.

But to clarify, a year later, I'm basically saying Telltale games are always full of glitches. As for "accepting something you can easily avoid" well, you can't easily avoid it, that's the point. Telltale's shit is always broken, their engine has DESPERATELY needed an overhaul for probably half a decade at this point. 

A year later, I can't remeber any of this ?

Uh yeah, Telltale games are broken as fuck, this was just an info what made this game less broken for me.

I was a bit too enthusiastic in my opening post? I actually can't remember writing this haha

Edited by Joker

On 17-1-2017 at 11:18 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Did anyone else get the same glitch I did though? I can't remember what episode, but Bruce and Harvey were on like a bridge thing talking, and the whole time Bruce's head was like pointed in the other direction, and not in an intentional way, in a "oh my God stop, your neck must be killing" kind of way.

I had this when i gave rhe files regarding Falcones criminal past to Officer Gordon. his head was like 45 degrees tilted.

I also had my game crash randomly in episode 2 when ur at the alley ur parents got popped.