JP VITA games on EU account?

Youngy_UK999

Hi,

Been trying to find a definitive answer for a while and it's doing my head in.

Ultimately, can I play JP PSN games on my EU account on my VITA?

I started an EU account when I got my PS4 on launch day.

Looking at the VITA list, there's alot of easy platinums to get, but they're all JP PSN games.

My understanding is that if I continue to use my EU account as my "main" account on PSNProfiles, then the only way I'm going to get JP plats, is by imported the physical game cartridge?

But then I find accounts such as Dogger1983 and SilentBun which show as UK accounts, but they have A LOT of JP VITA games in the PLAT list.

This confuses me.

Do you think these accounts are JP accounts, with location changed via PSNProfiles admin?

Or is there another way to do this?

I'll be gutted if I need a JP account as my "main" account, as if I change now, I'll lose my trophy progress.

Thanks for your help/comments.

3 minutes ago, Youngy_UK_CYM said:

Looking at the VITA list, there's alot of easy platinums to get, but they're all JP PSN games.

My understanding is that if I continue to use my EU account as my "main" account on PSNProfiles, then the only way I'm going to get JP plats, is by imported the physical game cartridge?

Like you said the only official way to play japanese games on your EU-account is to import the physical game.

There's the possibility to have download games from other regions on your Vita memory card but you still would require to set the main account to the japanese one to actually run them due to the game's license (and it would require to hack your Vita which could cause your device and the accounts to get banned.

And about the two accounts:

From what I can see most (if not all) of the JP-games seem to have retail versions so those persons imported the games or just bought them second hand from other trophy hunters (there are some dedicated communities for this).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Youngy_UK_CYM said:

This. Unfortunately, you can't get Japanese (or other) Downloads on your PSVita, if you set a EU-Account. If you look at my Trophylist, I have a german account, but I have some Japanese Platinum on the PSVita, because I bought the game cartridge of these games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Youngy_UK_CYM said:

Hi,

Been trying to find a definitive answer for a while and it's doing my head in.

Ultimately, can I play JP PSN games on my EU account on my VITA?

But then I find accounts such as Dogger1983 and SilentBun which show as UK accounts, but they have A LOT of JP VITA games in the PLAT list.

This confuses me.

Do you think these accounts are JP accounts, with location changed via PSNProfiles admin?

Or is there another way to do this?

I'll be gutted if I need a JP account as my "main" account, as if I change now, I'll lose my trophy progress.

Thanks for your help/comments.

You can play JP games on your EU account on your Vita if it's a physical version. You can't play digital games on an account from a different region (or even a different account) than the PSN store it was bought from.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kusuriuriPT said:

since its all related i have a question...if i import a japanese vita will i be able to set the psn store to the portuguese one? Or will i be stuck to the JP store?

Vita's are not region locked so it doesn't matter where you buy it from. However the "x" and "o" buttons will be swapped on an Asian vita compared to an EU one.

The region will depend on the PSN account you use with the Vita.

6 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

You can play JP games on your EU account on your Vita if it's a physical version. You can't play digital games on an account from a different region (or even a different account) than the PSN store it was bought from.

Just a question of curiosity, is this a weird region-lock vita thing?...i know you can do this with ps3s and psp's...as in play games from any region store, digital or disc...

14 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Just a question of curiosity, is this a weird region-lock vita thing?...i know you can do this with ps3s and psp's...as in play games from any region store, digital or disc...

Vita has only 1 Account per time so if you set Your Candian Account you can play just that. You CAN make a JApanese account and buy games there but since are releated to the account and you can have only 1 you won't be able to play those on your main account.

Ps3 you can ahve how many accounts youw ant so you cna just make a japanese one get the game there and swap account on your console, on Vita you can't do that that's why.

But if you buy a Retail japanese game no problem insert the game and play normally no Region Block from sony, it's not Nintendo :P

20 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

It's not region locking, the Vita is completely region-free, it's just a design flaw. Well it's a flaw from a trophy hunter's standpoint, Sony doesn't seem to mind.

You can only use one account on the Vita at a time, so you're limited to downloading and playing digital games that belong to the account you're using. If you want to play a digital game from another region, you'd be forced to remove the first account from the memory card before you add a new one. Even if you somehow kept a game installed, it won't let you play it.

Edited by Shadiochao

24 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

If I've understood correctly, you're "region locked" out from any DLC for the game though? 

Yep, you are region locked out of DLCs.

24 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

If you buy a physical JP game, any DLC for the game from EU PS store is not compatible?

Well, if the game has EU/NA version, there aren't many people that would buy JP version xD but yea, DLCs from non-JP stores would not be compatible.

• 1 year later...