Fluid Dynamics Mission Help?

FruitSalad881

So, this is in the Borg Advance Episode. It is the very last mission called Fluid Dynamics. At the end of this level, you have to destroy an enemy ship along with the help of your allies. Usually, this is something that is pretty simple because it is in a big, open space and you have allies which make the space battles much easier. However, I have run into a serious problem with this mission. The area where the enemy ship is located is filled with lots of building type things and the ally ships getting running into them. This makes it so they cannot assist in attacking the ship. This is something that is essential because the whole team needs to attack the ship to lower its defenses and so on. This means that I cannot go ahead and attack the ship on my own. I have tried a few times and I just get blown up right away every time. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue as well? I left the game alone for a little while, thinking that they may patch it or something, but I have tried going back every update and still nothing. Is there a strategy that I am missing? Is this mission just really bugged for me? :hmm:

Thanks in advance!

It's entirely possible to destroy the command diamond Borg ship yourself but it sounds like you might need to get some better equipment first. If you're getting destroyed that easily then you definitely need some better equipment, or turn the difficulty down in case you're playing on Advanced or Elite. Your allies will eventually free themselves as the ship is flying around so your allies will be changing their positioning which will result in some of them getting around the obstacles. The Borg ship will fly away from you so try to herd it back to your allies and that'll help.

Edited by GalrenStormbow

So it is possible to do this yourself? I must be terrible at this game or something then.. :shakefist: But, as long as I know that it is possible, then I will try it again. I haven't played it in a bit, so I'll have to get used to the controls again. I thought that I had the best equipment I could. Of course, it was just equipment from completing the missions,  so it is possible that it is not the best. So do I just need to buy better equipment from the player market thingy? Sorry I don't know the official name for it :facepalm: Also, I do not think that I changed the difficulty at any time so it should still be the same as it was when i started, or does the difficulty raise by itself has you progress through the missions? Thanks for your help by the way!

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of people have had this issue, as did I a fair time back. Galren is right, however, the best thing to do, if the situation keeps repeating itself each time you try to complete the mission, is to skip the mission itself in the menu and continue with the other campaigns. Once you get to the end of the Iconian story-line, repeat the mission Midnight so that you can get the full Sol set (Engines, Shield and Deflector), then complete the Futureproof Missions, that way you can get the Quantum Phase Weapon set (Beam Array, Torpedo and Console) by repeating the Sunrise mission, as those weapons provide shield drain abilities. Make sure the weapon types in your slots are all the same (so all Phasers or all Disruptors etc.) and once you have those items, at least, then they should help you completely level the enemy ship in no time, with or without the help of your allies :)

Edited by Cappy4000