Corcevado

Report/flag someone

69 posts in this topic

We can't report PSV/PS4 games unless they are PS3 shared.

1 hour ago, Corcevado said:

I am a lifetime premium member. I've read that only premium members could report/flag other users. Where can I do that? I've found this guy: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4691-neverending-nightmares/Midorikazu I think its impossible to finish this game in 4 minutes..

It's possible to setup everything in the game up to the ending(s) without popping any of the four(!) trophies. Play the story, and unlock all but one branch. Then pop the "setup all branches", followed by getting all three nightmare endings. Done. 4 minutes-ish.

Exactly what DaivRules said.  You can set the game up so you just play the endings and the unlock paths to earn all trophies quickly.  

Another similar example: https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/3359-pillar The game actually takes like an hour or two to do,  but you can set everything up without earning every trophy then do them all quickly.  

Edited by Gage

So I didn't want to start another thread, but I was looking at the top 50 US profiles. Since the post above says we can't post names, I'll go vague as I can: Said profile is in the top 25, and what flagged my attention was it said "New" for standing change. 

Yet a lot of the times looked "right" enough to me. I was about to let it go, and then I noticed they *only* have PS3 games. Although nothing too strange there, I suppose, someone with 650 games owned...? And 99.92% completion? And no PS4 in 2017? 

My question is, before flagging said person myself, is a "New" tagged crazily high level + only PS3 titles an all but 100% absolute certainty cheater/hacker, or are/can there be rare instances where those two factors could be legit? I'm reluctant to flag someone unless I'm absolutely certain of their guilt in my mind, and didn't know if there are times where someone has been playing legitimately for years, but never added their account to PSNProfiles until now, thus earning the "New" flag. My primary reluctance comes from the trophy times looking pretty decent enough to me - it'd be a ridiculous amount of work, I imagine, to do that if cheating despite knowing they'd be almost certain to get flagged for popping up as a top 50 player out of the wild blue yonder.

Don't forget people can share accounts. There might be like 4 or 5 people on that one account, each one earning trophies and platinums. I don't believe logging into your account on someone else's PS3 and then letting them play their own games on your account is against Sony's EULA

On 2/10/2017 at 5:52 PM, Coladar said:

Yet a lot of the times looked "right" enough to me. I was about to let it go, and then I noticed they *only* have PS3 games. Although nothing too strange there, I suppose, someone with 650 games owned...? And 99.92% completion? And no PS4 in 2017? 

Some people are weird on this site... for example, popping trophies all at the same time to make it appear like they played the game shorter than they did.

Weird weird habits.... I imagine they have some form of OCD. 

On 2/11/2017 at 11:52 AM, Coladar said:

So I didn't want to start another thread, but I was looking at the top 50 US profiles. Since the post above says we can't post names, I'll go vague as I can: Said profile is in the top 25, and what flagged my attention was it said "New" for standing change. 

My question is, before flagging said person myself, is a "New" tagged crazily high level + only PS3 titles an all but 100% absolute certainty cheater/hacker, or are/can there be rare instances where those two factors could be legit? I'm reluctant to flag someone unless I'm absolutely certain of their guilt in my mind, and didn't know if there are times where someone has been playing legitimately for years, but never added their account to PSNProfiles until now, thus earning the "New" flag. My primary reluctance comes from the trophy times looking pretty decent enough to me - it'd be a ridiculous amount of work, I imagine, to do that if cheating despite knowing they'd be almost certain to get flagged for popping up as a top 50 player out of the wild blue yonder.

On 2/11/2017 at 3:43 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

and i'm sure he'd be honored at the fact that he is thought to be 4 or 5 people...

@Coladar People who are removed off the boards (whether it was due to a mistake such as timestamps looking suss or if they are actually hacking, once they get back on the boards by hiding the trophies or explaining how they are innocent to the cheat team, they will have a "New" tag. Trust me. It's happened to me twice because of spiteful pricks... Going back on topic, No, it is not strange at all. You are overthinking things and forgetting that ot everyone CAN afford a PS4.

@ProfBambam55 Are you sure it is only one person? I was sure there was evidence, at least 2 years ago, that it was like 2 people on that account. Not that it bothers me, I just know a lot of people who are the higher levels are in fact team accounts.

This is a good topic as I wondered if anyone really cares about how many trophies they have or if others scrutinize the profiles.  I guess it looks strange if someone finishes a game in less than 30 minutes, but my question would be "were you disappointed that the game was so short?"  I just wish I was as good at some of these games as the majority of the people who post here and who have played so many games!  

I know one's position on the site Leaderboards are more important to some here than others but there are measures in place to weed out the worst of the cheaters. Witch-hunting is just lame and a waste of time, time you could be spending playing video games.

Well depends on, how far you wanna go to flag someone as a cheater ..

Is someone for you a cheater, who pays for trophys?

Is it someone, who plays a team account?

Or maybe just using trophy guides?

In my opinion, cheaters are people, who didn't play those games themself and team accounts as well ..

Sadly there are too much .. would be a blast to see, how much people reaching, when they play only alone ^^

I guess, the leaderbord would be a mess, if you would sort that stuff out as well :P

PS: Those "NEW" mentioned accounts in high positions are mostly cheaters .. the statistic looks pretty the same on every account .. they got a high up like 3-4 years ago and went inactive then.

Luckily those trophy hackers are pretty stupid and you can sort them out easily if you watch out for games like "Nail'd", "MotoGP 09/10;10/11" or "UFC Personal Trainer", where some trophys are not possible due to a glitch.

Edited by jayboo1991

Dude had a question, no reason to go so hostile on him, jeez... 

i was looking on the boards afew days ago seeing how many actually got 100% for marvel ultimate alliance cause they took down the dlc pretty quick after release i was suprised at afew of the top ranked on here got those trophies those exact impossible trophies just in the last 3 months or so when they been impossible fr afew years but hey top rankers rarely get flakk lol

Posted (edited)

On 2/23/2017 at 10:55 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

i was looking on the boards afew days ago seeing how many actually got 100% for marvel ultimate alliance cause they took down the dlc pretty quick after release i was suprised at afew of the top ranked on here got those trophies those exact impossible trophies just in the last 3 months or so when they been impossible fr afew years but hey top rankers rarely get flakk lol

I don't know the full story here, but if all they did was take down the DLC from the store, then there's no issue TBH. If lots of people got it lately, that could just mean someone trusted who bought the DLC is earning the trophies for these people or something. I think my last two plats have been taken out of the PSN store now, and that before I played them (at least Barbie).

Edited by MMDE

Posted (edited)

On 2/11/2017 at 1:52 AM, Coladar said:

On 2/11/2017 at 2:32 AM, DaivRules said:

What has this world come to that *not* owning a PS4 and having a massive (probably pretty awesome) PS3 collection with a good completion record is in any way tried to be justified as "suspicious"?!??

I think any Premium account with single digit posting records who are on witch hunts seem suspicious and need to be scrutinized themselves.

Then again, I don't give a shit about other people's publicized gaming histories, whether they're legitimate or not. Leaderboards are wang contests. 

Honestly, do look at the trophy time stamps though, because this sounds like one of those all too typical around 600 plat accounts with time stamps from around 2012-2015 or something, all PS3 games, with trophies in totally random order (totally out of order). Just report 3 of their out order trophy lists and they should be off the leaderboards. I've seen a lot of them, and I totally approve of @Coladar reporting them, and find Daiv's response kinda uninformed and aggressive against this new user who has now even supported the site with a donation :) , so I'm confused why he got 9 likes from it. :S It being PS3 is actually very relevant, and any newly added account with that many plats should be rather known in the community and not pop out of nowhere, so definitely very suspicious.

Edited by MMDE

Here's a crazy idea....and I want to say before I give with said idea that this is coming from a person who couldn't give a rat's ass about leaderboards whether it be this site's or any other site's....but if @Sly Ripper just got rid of the leaderboards this wouldn't be an issue.  I mean, in all honesty, they're not accurate at all anyway.  They only represent a very minute fraction of all the PSN accounts that actually exist.  They really don't mean anything anyway.  All they're good for is comparing the equivalent of penis size in regards to gaming so to speak. LOL I'm sure this is a very unpopular opinion and I expect to hear quite a bit of backlash, but really....exactly what purpose do they really serve?  To compare our trophy profiles and how many platinums we have to hundreds of thousands of other people that we neither know nor care about?  WHO CARES?!  Get rid of the leaderboards.  Problem solved.  Yep.  Leave it to me to come up with the logical though controversial answer.  Let the vitriolic hate begin. LOL

29 minutes ago, Spider-Man916 said:

Here's a crazy idea....and I want to say before I give with said idea that this is coming from a person who couldn't give a rat's ass about leaderboards whether it be this site's or any other site's....but if @Sly Ripper just got rid of the leaderboards this wouldn't be an issue.  I mean, in all honesty, they're not accurate at all anyway.  They only represent a very minute fraction of all the PSN accounts that actually exist.  They really don't mean anything anyway.  All they're good for is comparing the equivalent of penis size in regards to gaming so to speak. LOL I'm sure this is a very unpopular opinion and I expect to hear quite a bit of backlash, but really....exactly what purpose do they really serve?  To compare our trophy profiles and how many platinums we have to hundreds of thousands of other people that we neither know nor care about?  WHO CARES?!  Get rid of the leaderboards.  Problem solved.  Yep.  Leave it to me to come up with the logical though controversial answer.  Let the vitriolic hate begin. LOL

Someone else tried to throw that out there and it got thrown out by Sly. Just because you don't care about the leaderboards doesn't mean that other people don't care. I personally also don't care what my leaderboard rank is, I do care about being the first or fastest achiever for some games though. If you don't like the leaderboards, don't look at them, it's that simple. Since this thread was made, reporting trophies for vita was added. The person who made this thread can now report the person that they exposed if they wish. The leaderboards won't ever be 100% accurate and not every PSN user is on them, but some people enjoy seeing that they're making progress against everyone else who decided to participate on the leaderboards. Rarity is also made up based on the leaderboards for that particular game, without them no trophies would have rarity. The website was made as a way of tracking PSN users for their trophies and inevitably a leaderboard came with that, since it would be interesting to know how people rank up against each other in regards to a shared hobby. 

10 hours ago, Spider-Man916 said:

Who cares? A lot of people

Knkw5Ae.png

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Spider-Man916 said:

You don't care about the leaderboards, other people do. If you don't care about the leaderboards, then you can choose to ignore it. If you get flagged for something and you've actually cheated it, you can choose to accept it and stay flagged and continue on with your life, delete your profile or hide the game etc. I don't see the problem here. Also, it's not just the big leaderboard with everyone on it, I'm more interested in the national leaderboard or leaderboards for specific games etc.

As to your motivation for suggesting this, because I can see where you're coming from with this, well here's my opinion. Honestly, you won't have much issues unless you do cheat, and if you do so, don't expect a community that is based around earning trophies to look at you all that nicely or treat you the same way as they do with other people who don't cheat. While there are plenty of uncaught cheaters, that's no good reason not to try to filter away what we know is very likely cheated. Rules are broken, but that's no reason not to have rules. Rules are to discourage an action.

Edited by MMDE

Posted (edited)

On 20-2-2017 at 1:26 AM, jayboo1991 said:

Well depends on, how far you wanna go to flag someone as a cheater ..

1. Is someone for you a cheater, who pays for trophys?

2. Is it someone, who plays a team account?

3. Or maybe just using trophy guides?

IMO

1. Yes

2. Yes

The problem in this lies however in proving without a doubt that someone did this. You can't just throw flags around because you suspect someone. Even if it seems very obvious. I don't think this can be automated easily. Which is what you would want on a site with this many accounts.

3. No

You still got the trophies yourself. Wouldn't the local checkers championship trophy count if you learned some good checkers strategies through Youtube?

11 hours ago, Spider-Man916 said:

Just because not every PSN account is on the leaderboards, doesn't necessarily means that it's an inaccurate representation. The leaderboards currently has 2.76 million accounts on it. It's nowhere near the amount of total PSN accounts, but I think we can safely assume that an overwhelming majority of accounts not on this site don't play for trophies anyway (hell, even a lot of accounts that are on here don't). Then there will be a whole bunch of alt accounts too, that are used for games people don't want on their profiles and to buy games for differend regions.

Another point is that this is the PSNP leaderboards, not a PSN leaderboard. We can match ourselves against other members of this community.

Edited by Ric

11 hours ago, Sergen said:

Someone else tried to throw that out there and it got thrown out by Sly. Just because you don't care about the leaderboards doesn't mean that other people don't care. I personally also don't care what my leaderboard rank is, I do care about being the first or fastest achiever for some games though. If you don't like the leaderboards, don't look at them, it's that simple. Since this thread was made, reporting trophies for vita was added. The person who made this thread can now report the person that they exposed if they wish. The leaderboards won't ever be 100% accurate and not every PSN user is on them, but some people enjoy seeing that they're making progress against everyone else who decided to participate on the leaderboards. Rarity is also made up based on the leaderboards for that particular game, without them no trophies would have rarity. The website was made as a way of tracking PSN users for their trophies and inevitably a leaderboard came with that, since it would be interesting to know how people rank up against each other in regards to a shared hobby. 

Reporting Vita trophies has been added? That's great! When did this happen? 

12 hours ago, Spider-Man916 said:

(I did poll the community about whether to keep leaderboards, change the way things work, or other/etc, and it was an overwhelming majority to keep leaderboards(the other poll options got some interest, but not much)). I'm in the top 20 of FFVII fastest achievers and though I don't hold it highly, it is my only place on the leaderboards so it's nice to have imo. But I do agree the leaderboards will never be perfectly accurate.

Unfortunately that's difficult at this scale without having micromanaged from the inception with extreme strictness to get on the leaderboards, which is a lot of work. Which is why I heavily support automation to help clean the leaderboards, like profs white list proposal. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Sly Ripper said:

Who cares? A lot of people

Knkw5Ae.png

Leaderboard was the fastest, easiest, and possibly only way to search for a user's profile before you added the search to the front page. That was and continues to be my main reason for going to the /leaderboard page.

To say that people only went to the /leaderboard page because they cared for the leaderboard would be inaccurate.

Edited by kuuhaku