Bands that have touched you?

Dreakon139

Physically.

I mean...

Mentally and emotionally. If you have even the slightest passion for music, I think everyone has a band that they can say was/is "the band" for them.

I'm not necessarily looking for your "favorite" band as for many us the band we like the best can change from week to week. I'm mainly just looking for the band that can never do any wrong, the band you turned to when the going got rough and you needed something to take you to a better place, the band that is and will always be in your collection. The band you best associate yourself with.

It can be any genre, any era, any band you want.

If a few bands meet this criteria, make the difficult decision of choosing the most influential band in your life and post that shit up. ;)

• Like 1

I can't fulfil all of your criteria, but I think the only band that has ever connected with me in a mentally or emotionally deep way would be Glasvegas. I was listening to the Zane Lowe show on Radio 1, and he was interviewing this band, now up to this point I thought that when people said they had listened to a song, and it was as if the song was about them or addressed to them, I thought they were being emotional or irrational or exaggerating or all three, but then Zane played their song 'Daddy's Gone', and every line he sang was as if he was my biographer, every line. Then a few days later my Mum told me they were separating, listen to the song and see what I mean.

Lights. You all knew that was coming. It started out with a catchy song, and I was delighted to find that I loved all of her music. Each song speaks to me differently and has its own message to tell. Any time I hear Lights, I feel better, regardless of whatever situation in life I'm in. Simple as that. The best way to know what I'm talking about is to listen to her music. Give her a chance.

Lights. You all knew that was coming. It started out with a catchy song, and I was delighted to find that I loved all of her music. Each song speaks to me differently and has its own message to tell. Any time I hear Lights, I feel better, regardless of whatever situation in life I'm in. Simple as that. The best way to know what I'm talking about is to listen to her music. Give her a chance.

How did i know that sound would come out of your mouth? lol i understand.what you mean. Lights is a very talented musician. It always seem to help me in some way.

On a different note... Im going to say The Devil Wears Prada.

As most people would catagorize me as type cast "Emo", i am not. I just enjoy that music genre. It puts me in another world, where my present probems are solved, and nothing can hurt me. Even though the lyrics would suggest otherwise... Its a personal choice i guess. And its not the only type of music i like, as the above statement suggests. Its just my own thing that would be hard for me to give up. This band DOES NOT touch all people in the same way mind you... lol.

• 5 weeks later...

Rush, they are my favorite band, and the only band i have seen in concert. I also am now playing drums, and Neil Pert is the best drummer as well.

Neil Pert aint got shit on Bonzo! Neil is good (amazing, really) but Bonham has a much more raw, powerful sound that I personally prefer more.

To answer the OP...

Led Zeppelin

Parker

Neil Pert aint got shit on Bonzo! Neil is good (amazing, really) but Bonham has a much more raw, powerful sound that I personally prefer more.

To answer the OP...

Led Zeppelin

Parker

I think Bonham is faster than Moon and Peart too. In some songs, he makes the kick pedal sound like a double kick. Bonham has this classic feel, Peart has this robot like precision and Moon is just all over the place crazy.

Nice list - those two also stand out for me. Adding a third to my list would be Tool. Started listening to all three in the early 90s and they've traveled well with me over the years.

'The Downward Spiral' and 'Further down the Spiral' is my favorite era of NIN, while everything AIC did with Layne was awesome. Layne and Jerry's voices go so well together.

• Like 1

'The Downward Spiral' and 'Further down the Spiral' is my favorite era of NIN, while everything AIC did with Layne was awesome. Layne and Jerry's voices go so well together.

That's my favorite NIN era too. I used to collect everything I could, but I've mostly switched over to a digital collection now. Here's an old pic of the NIN stuff:

G6ogh.jpg

• Like 1

That's my favorite NIN era too. I used to collect everything I could, but I've mostly switched over to a digital collection now. Here's an old pic of the NIN stuff:

G6ogh.jpg

Boy are you lucky! I still collect CD's and cassettes... a physical collection IMO is more impressive than a digital collection. I've been wanting to get the 'Closer to God' EP, but all the ones I've seen on eBay are over $20 and from out of the country :(

There's a tonne of heavy rock bands I use to amp me up and make me feel good like Foo Fighters, Tool, System of a Down, Karnivool, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden etc, but the bands that have touched me are those I reach for in moments of melancholy.

When the world has forsaken me and the Gods conspire against me, I'll drown myself in some Ben Harper (the old stuff), Jeff Buckley and Radiohead tunes. There's nothing like wallowing in another person's misery to drag you back to reality or to the bottom of a bottle.

• Like 1

Boy are you lucky! I still collect CD's and cassettes... a physical collection IMO is more impressive than a digital collection. I've been wanting to get the 'Closer to God' EP, but all the ones I've seen on eBay are over $20 and from out of the country :(

Yup, physical collections are nice. I loved displaying all the music, books, and other stuff I owned at one point. Guess as I've gotten older I've taken on a more minimalist mindset. The less stuff I have cluttering the better I feel. :D Video games are the one thing I don't like in digital. I want my physical copy, thank you very much.

Ebay the We're in This Together (Halo 15) three disc set. Those things go for ridiculous prices. And all I did was buy the things off Amazon when they were released.

• Like 1