Costume controversy discussion

Eliqsir

Apparently you can't unlock the spy, military and maid outfits without a save from the remaster version ? Is this really true or not ? Do we have any more info on what exactly are the costumes, how many of them there are and how are we supposed to unlock them ? I've heard about "dusty points" or something with photos being "liked" from other players online or something.

There are several ways to unlock costumes and there are 15 total costumes.

1) Missions. There was one costume that unlocked in the main story and another I got in a side mission. I haven't done all the side missions so I don't know how many unlock this way

2) Dusty coins (points? i can't recall). These come from sharing photos online, either just sharing them or showing other players the location of treasure chests (which generates a mission for the other player). There are, if I recall, 3 or 4 costumes related to this.

3) I'm fairly sure one of the treasure chests I opened had a costume, but I can't recall. Most had emotes, photo items, or furniture in them.

4) I can confirm that having a save from the remaster gives you the Spy, Cat, and Maid costumes. I don't know if these are only available that way, but they unlocked for me once I had a save. (I beat the game before learning about this and decided to pop in my copy of the Remaster to try it). It does not seem like there is a way to get the costumes from having the Vita version but I didn't really dig for it.

5) Preorder. I had two extra costumes upon starting the game, and I think they were related to 'preordering' the game. I think the code Sony gave me for review included them.

Edited by andyscout