Servers are currently down

WorldsBestSpy

Well its now 2:14 AM CST. I decided to boost the game after all. Still not finished (randoms + time constraints + grade 15 grind was taking years) but I feel a little better now. But the question remains: are they actually gonna shut it down? The weird almost cryptic out of nowhere shutdown notice... and the fact that they're shutting down Top Spin 4 yet its 1) now the 16th and 2)  why would they leave Top Spin 3 up?i think they might have mixed up their games. Anyhow, I will check in about 4 hours before I head off to school if it still online.

• Like 1

@TazDevilz1986

I wish I didn't have to wait but I will at least wait till 5pm today, since I still go to school. But chances are, if they are going to shut it down, they would've already done it. Someone in the thread said they wouldn't shut them down on a Sunday evening. I think that's weird, because they did that exact same thing with the NBA2K16 servers, which mind you, was also on 12/31/17, on NEW YEARS EVE. So, 2K usually doesn't do this. Take this with a grain of salt. I plan on finishing tonight. And if the servers go down within the next 8 hours, oh well. I already missed out on going out to the chinese buffet AND the movies with my family (which ironically helped out my diet) yesterday when I decided to do it, so if the effort is all in vain, oh well. Not the first time I fuck around with a game's servers shutdown date and then end up losing.

WORLD TOUR - Play a match less than 24 hours before end of season when you are in the Season top 100.

This trophy kind of depends on how good you are at the game. For one you need to be ranked in 100 online if you are just starting a game within the last 24 hours of the season (Any time every Sunday is within the last 24 hours). However if you're not good this trophy will be impossible til the demand slows; wait until Virtua Tennis 4 comes out and this should become easier. Plus the leader board is reset every Sunday night, ready for the new season.

Took this from the guide on pstrophies.org.

So yeah, they reset on Sunday. It is recommended that you do it on the weekend if you don't did the game yet.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

3 hours ago, Powerflank said:

They are still on. I'm self boosting grade 15 but I missed the top 100 trophy which can only be obtained on Sunday I guess. Can anyone confirm that?

I can confirm. The season begins and ends on each Sunday. We got those trophies insanely close to the cutoff time, with my partner getting it 7 minutes before the season ended.

1 hour ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

I can confirm. The season begins and ends on each Sunday. We got those trophies insanely close to the cutoff time, with my partner getting it 7 minutes before the season ended.

There seems to be 2 players who got it after the season was over if you said you got yours 7 minutes before the reset. How is it possible?

Rk9SrHB.png

You are in different time zones. And I said my partner was the one 7 minutes before reset. 

Anyway...

6:37 PM CST. Checking in and the servers are still online. Me and my incompetent partner lost progress on the gender equality trophy based on his suggestions so finishing quickly does not seem likely now.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

18 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

You are in different time zones. And I said my partner was the one 7 minutes before reset. 

Anyway...

6:37 PM CST. Checking in and the servers are still online. Me and my incompetent partner lost progress on the gender equality trophy based on his suggestions so finishing quickly does not seem likely now.

You can check how many games (w/l) you played with your character. That will give you an idea of how many you still need.

Morning men.

We have a very interesting thing going on. I logged in just now, 6:26 AM CST. Wonderful. But before I did that, I checked the 2K server status page and saw that both Top Spin 3 and 4 were no longer on that list, DESPITE the fact there was no mention of a Top Spin 3 shutdown. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/yCUpS

This is not normal at all. 2K absolutely never has done this before, leaving the servers days on after the supposed shutdown. Hopefully its still on when I get home. I still dont have that 1 trophy, Always Better The First Time. If someone wants to help me, add me. And I apolgize to my partner, who I am very indifferent too.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

Ok, I sended them a ticket about it, that it is wrong what they did giving 2 weeks only time etc. I getting my copy tommorow. And waiting for their response If they hit me back in my mail. Appreciate World for all the updates. The guy you boosting with, sended me pms on PSN to help me out and boost with me.

So I don't know what happend between you and him? I can help you out once I got my copy, but i'm not gonna selfboost this, because it still works easily with another guy, just back out and search again. Just did it on my old account back in the day, so we talking 2011-2012. And by that time, I still could boost it with 1 guy.

Maybe someone at 2K knows and isnt going to say anything about it.... 

5 hours ago, Executioner0 said:

Hey WorldsBestSpy, it'll be interesting to see when they actually pull the plug, I might attempt this on my spare ps3 so I can delete the trophies if I miss out.

Executioner, if you want to join the cause its always fine! I still owe you alot for the help in my very early days of Inversion boosting.