Servers are currently down

WorldsBestSpy

1 hour ago, turpinator1986 said:

I’m pretty sure they can’t actually. But even if they could, why should they? You haven’t earned the trophy legitimately. It’s not sony’s Fault you didn’t earn the trophies in the ten years the game has been out. Makes me laugh when people cry about server closures. Expecting all servers on all games to stay up forever is ridiculous. Anyone who is a member on this site knows that pretty much all ps3 games are in danger now and have been for a while. If you didn’t get it done then sorry, suck it up and move on. Just like I have with multiple games I just couldn’t be bothered to get to in time. 

Oh I agree with you whole heartedly, it's tough cheese, hard banana if you don't get your trophies before the servers go down. There are a lot of online PS3 trophies that I haven't got yet and several that I frankly couldn't care less about because I hate the games they're attached to so wrote them off along time ago. In this case though, gamers were only given 15 days warning instead of the usual 30 days so caught everyone off guard :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

I’m pretty sure they can’t actually. But even if they could, why should they? You haven’t earned the trophy legitimately. It’s not sony’s Fault you didn’t earn the trophies in the ten years the game has been out. Makes me laugh when people cry about server closures. Expecting all servers on all games to stay up forever is ridiculous. Anyone who is a member on this site knows that pretty much all ps3 games are in danger now and have been for a while. If you didn’t get it done then sorry, suck it up and move on. Just like I have with multiple games I just couldn’t be bothered to get to in time. 

Well you are partially correct but if you are saying so you didn't see what happened in Top Spin 4. 

The announcement of the server shutdown was given two weeks before the actual date; most people would say that 15 days is ridiculous and I agree.

Nonetheless, that would have been totally fine if they were going to post the announcement on the official 2k website but no, it was too hard to post it there. It had to be posted in a sub-forum where nobody saw it till it was too late. I personally found out about the shutdown randomly while reading on ps3trophies.org.

So yeah, you are right, we could have gotten the trophies earlier but 2k should have handled the whole situation in a more professional way. Therefore we have all the rights to complain about the current situation and try to find a solution by contacting 2k/Sony etc; if it bothers you just stay away from this thread.

Edited by Powerflank
  • Like 1

Companies can pop your trophies I believe, they just don't bother doing so.

Back near the launch of Battlefield Bad Company 1, the trophy for attaining all awards was glitched and wouldn't pop, however some people got EA or DICE to get their trophy to be popped by contacting them. That's why if you look at the first achievers for this trophy..they are spaced out and there wasn't a steady stream of achievers until it got patched.

• Like 2

Small update.

World Tour is still down but I've just done a player match ONLINE to see if I could get Less than 24 hours but as I imagined, it didn't work.

So the servers are still partially online, but World Tour and 2k Open are down.

Edited by Powerflank
  • Like 1

After some hunting I've finally found someone who could be responsible for the online functionality of the 2k servers. I'm not completely sure though. Anyway I have no idea on how to contact him cause the Linkedin messages are only for premium users.

ZdM7UZB.png

Let me know what you think.

8 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

What a load of horseshit. Mind you I could have gotten the last trophy to finish off the online but my partner was an idiot. Anyway, keep fighting thengood fight. If they dont want to put the servers back on, cant they at least tell us how to do it ourselves? 

In that case the only possible way would be to have our remaining trophies remotely unlocked. The shitty 2k Support keep saying they don't have the ability to do so and refuse to provide alternative solutions. I asked them to tell me who's responsible for the servers but given the circumstances and their disinterest in helping, I strongly doubt we'll get to something useful.

I'm afraid we have to hope someone will create a private server, as it has happened for some old games already.