AcidFueled

Doom Multiplayer

14 posts in this topic

Hello! is there anybody here still playing multiplayer on DOOM? I can't seem to find any games at all. I have changed my regions but have yet to find a game. I just want to get the online trophies that's all. :giggle:

Try to play Deathmatch. There are still plenty of games. I was able to play multiplayer yesterday.

3 hours ago, AcidFueled said:

Hello! is there anybody here still playing multiplayer on DOOM? I can't seem to find any games at all. I have changed my regions but have yet to find a game. I just want to get the online trophies that's all. :giggle:

It's dead. The best thing you can do is to play during peak times or weekends and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

Try to play Deathmatch. There are still plenty of games. I was able to play multiplayer yesterday.

You can't really choose TDM per se. Team game modes are now on a rotation. The best you can do is vote for what game mode you want at the end of your current match. I recommend voting for Soul Harvest if you're trying to complete the DLC trophies. Demon Runes are always active and just plain fun anyway.

5 minutes ago, AcidFueled said:

What are the peak times?

Typically 8-11 PM on weekdays, and most of the weekend.

19 hours ago, Rowdi said:

It's dead. The best thing you can do is to play during peak times or weekends and hope for the best.

You can't really choose TDM per se. Team game modes are now on a rotation. The best you can do is vote for what game mode you want at the end of your current match. I recommend voting for Soul Harvest if you're trying to complete the DLC trophies. Demon Runes are always active and just plain fun anyway.

That's pretty sad and ridiculous, both because the game is still incredibly recent and apparently since this game has been said by a good amount of people to have been their 2016GOTY contender (which for some actually was their 2016GOTY). This alongside The Last Guardian, Dishonored 2, Uncharted 4 ofc, and Overwatch have been the top 5 most seen games by me people have claimed were their GOTYs this year. (Why get it now if the MP is so inactive?)

37 minutes ago, Mar said:

That's pretty sad and ridiculous, both because the game is still incredibly recent and apparently since this game has been said by a good amount of people to have been their 2016GOTY contender (which for some actually was their 2016GOTY). This alongside The Last Guardian, Dishonored 2, Uncharted 4 ofc, and Overwatch have been the top 5 most seen games by me people have claimed were their GOTYs this year. (Why get it now if the MP is so inactive?)

The single player is what makes Doom peoples GOTY. I'm sure a lot of people would say the multiplayer was "tacked on" and unnecessary but it is fun.

I'd be very surprised if it is dead as claimed above, I played it not so long ago and had no problem finding matches, not at peak times either. I'd like to check for myself but I uninstalled it and it will take days to download all those updates again. Those trophies wouldn't be hard to boost at all anyways I'd imagine.

3 hours ago, Mar said:

I definitely had a good time Doom. The campaign and mp were fun plus it's quite cheap now. It's just that the game is a year old. Most everyone has moved on.

I wouldn't bother with it if you're wanting it strictly for mp. 

2 hours ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

The single player is what makes Doom peoples GOTY. I'm sure a lot of people would say the multiplayer was "tacked on" and unnecessary but it is fun.

I'd be very surprised if it is dead as claimed above, I played it not so long ago and had no problem finding matches, not at peak times either. I'd like to check for myself but I uninstalled it and it will take days to download all those updates again. Those trophies wouldn't be hard to boost at all anyways I'd imagine.

All the mp trophies are easy to do legit. A couple of the demon related trophies are a bit frustrating, but nothing that needs to be boosted.

The mp was pretty dead when I played it a couple weeks ago. I was still able to find a lobby. Sometimes they weren't full and, for some reason, matchmaking kept putting me back in the same lobby when I'd try to leave one and find another. At the time, I remember giving up and thinking that that must be the only game going. 

Its almost a year old? Oh wow, thought it released a few months ago lol.

I found two guys looking for a game as well. We were stuck waiting for 1 player for like 30 mins until we gave up. This is so frustrating. :(

wasn't there a patch which filled empty spots in matchmaking, with bots?