Fire Emblem Heroes on Mobile

TheVader66

I don't really see a problem with the gauntlet matchups, it still could be an evil version of a character vs a good version, or it could be evil. v evil, or good v good so it has 3 different matchup potentials compared to just 1 if it were set up good v evil right off the bat. I love that Celica has 4x the score of Takumi and Zel/BK, and 2x of Robin/Grima at this point in time.

I often see people complain about how many 5* exclusives there are, and while there are plenty, I'd rather they keep doing what they're doing now. A focus to temporarily lower some 5* exclusives to 4* sounds cool, but then you'd basically have to shell out 20K feathers to promote them, and I'd only feel like doing that if they were really good. I don't mind them dropping 1 or 2 units to 4/5* after the banners, depending on the # of characters, but I would absolutely never want to see someone drop to 3-4*. There's no satisfaction in summoning a 3* (With the exception of someone who has a good usable skill at 4*, like Hinata or Shanna, and can be easily promoted), even if they were to be a new character. Maybe it's just me, but I get 5* Exclusive units every so often that it feels good when I finally summon them.

I will say I don't care for the 4* and 5* Hero banners they've been doing recently. Yeah, it raises the chance of getting the specific characters in them up to x3 or x4 depending on if they're 3/4 or 4/5, but... eh, I never feel obligated to do anything other than the free summon, the other focuses are just so much better.

Characters from the 3*/4* pool are more expensive to build, of course, but they also have one major advantage: being as common as they are, you'll eventually get some with ideal IVs for that particular character. Also, more merges. Save enough feathers and can easily get the likes of Nino, Cherche, Cecilia, Est, etc to +10 with the best possible stats. Doing that with characters from the 4*/5* poll is a bit trickier, with 5* exclusives you need the devil's own luck.

It's pretty obvious why pulling a 3* gives us no satisfaction whatsoever. We've pulled them all before, they've been the same since day one and currently, very few of them have any use even if you take the time to build them. The way I see it, mixing in new blood once in a while would give f2p players more options.

Nice one. I got pretty lucky too. The moment I saw it I instantly braced for a free pull with no red orbs, but not only did I dodge that bullet, I ended up pulling Alm. +atk -spd which completely writes off a Windsweep/Phantom Speed build but I'm pretty happy with +atk. Negates any future Myrrh/Grima woes and should turn out to be quite the beast with a bit of SI.

Edited by TooruPT

I don't know what to do at the moment. I am think I am starting to hit fatigue since while it does give me great units, getting them the right move set is a pain. Like I have to gather so many feathers just to make someone 5 Stars just so I can kill them for their moves.

26 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

I don't know what to do at the moment. I am think I am starting to hit fatigue since while it does give me great units, getting them the right move set is a pain. Like I have to gather so many feathers just to make someone 5 Stars just so I can kill them for their moves.

This is why I try not to do that. I feel it's not worth promoting someone to 5* for a weapon or skill that you're gonna give someone else. I bank on getting the 4* character that has what I'm looking for, like Hinata for Fury 3, Sothe for L&D 3, Shanna for Desperation 3, and so on, promoting someone like Mae to 5* to get Desp 3 off her is basically a waste imo. I know for getting the + versions of weapons are obviously unavoidable and need the 5*, but the small boost in attack doesn't seem worth it to me. i.e. I'll keep my Cecilia with Gronnblade because I don't feel like spending 20K feathers on a Nino to give her 4 more attack, when I can use the feathers to promote someone else to 5*, like a useful or GHB character to + them or something.

I gave it one last go for the Valentine banner, and V!Lyn didn't come home. I'm a bit bummed out, but that's just how it goes. I summoned exclusively blue units for a long while, I think... at least 75 blue units summoned during the last two periods. I just had some extraordinary bad luck the first go around when I made it all the way to 5.25% before I got a 5* Effie, but this time it didn't break, I got to 3.5%, and there's no more orbs coming in until the new focus, or when the game updates hours before, I can get whatever orbs may pop up with new maps. Oh well, overall, I can't complain, I got a ton of off banner 5*s from the Valentine event, along with V!Lilina and V!Hector, like a better IV Nowi, Delthea, and Micaiah. Even got a +Atk/-Spd 4* Rein, so I became that guy and promoted him. I expect to see V!Lyn in a few months though, back in a Legendary Banner, so a higher chance + I'll definitely save some orbs to try and get her.

Also, it's been announced that we're getting more Thracia characters in April;

DXpuqMUUQAENrHU.png

Guess I know I'll be using my orbs on something else, I have no interest in these characters, honestly.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

I think most people are banking on Nanna being a healer. Just looking at her, it'd be mad if she was anything but one, also holy crap, for real? Damn, it really has been a long ass time.

New units incoming!

I can already tell M!Morgan is gonna be the demoted unit, and also a cockblock to Chrom, who, along with F!Morgan, both look awesome. Special thing to note is the new Falchion has effectiveness against Colorless Dragons, so that definitely points to a colorless dragon unit coming in the future. Gerome is gonna be the TT reward, just gotta wait and see with him.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

IS doing the Sacred Memories thing again. We have three Chroms in the game already and there are tons of Awakening characters left. But nope, Chrom again. Sneaking a new version of fan favourites in every non-seasonal banner is going to get old fast.

Aaaaaand thanks to that Rival Domains mode thingy where you can use your friends' leader units, I found out someone on my FL has a freaking +10 Grima Robin. I salute you, god of whales.

Edited by TooruPT

Hey, if the unit is good, I'm not complaining.

Oooh, I didn't know that, I got a whale friend with a +10 characters, usually Ryoma or Beruka is their lead, but hooray, they'll be fun to use. I've only done the garden stuff and have gotten 30 orbs from it all. Can't wait for tomorrow's new focus now! Probably gonna be able to summon like 3 times.

I’ve been playing this game since... well... far too long. September, maybe? I still

dont understand just about any of the lingo, and I’ve hit 300 heroes and needed to drop a bunch to summon any more. For my catalog, I’m at 123/224 and an absurd about of characters with 3-4 (or more) summons between 3 and 4 stars.

I can clear every map on Normal or Hard and many on Lunatic, but don’t feel like I’m getting the most out of the game. And I’m someone who will spend hundreds of hours grinding in Item World in any Disgaea you want to throw my way.

Any sites I’ve tried to read to see what I can find out to really dig in are so dense and start out so deep, they put me off instantly. If I summon another Gunther, Clarine, Sera, Lisa, Niles, Bart’s, Frederick, Sully, Robin, Matthew or Draug, I might as well just uninstall the game and move on.

Anyone compiled a list of instant Send Homes so I don’t feel like I’m looking at 260 Heroes of 90% shit? Any other actual helpful tips?

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I’ve been playing this game since... well... far too long. September, maybe? I still

dont understand just about any of the lingo, and I’ve hit 300 heroes and needed to drop a bunch to summon any more. For my catalog, I’m at 123/224 and an absurd about of characters with 3-4 (or more) summons between 3 and 4 stars.

I can clear every map on Normal or Hard and many on Lunatic, but don’t feel like I’m getting the most out of the game. And I’m someone who will spend hundreds of hours grinding in Item World in any Disgaea you want to throw my way.

Any sites I’ve tried to read to see what I can find out to really dig in are so dense and start out so deep, they put me off instantly. If I summon another Gunther, Clarine, Sera, Lisa, Niles, Bart’s, Frederick, Sully, Robin, Matthew or Draug, I might as well just uninstall the game and move on.

Anyone compiled a list of instant Send Homes so I don’t feel like I’m looking at 260 Heroes of 90% shit? Any other actual helpful tips?

That's gacha games for ya, you gotta wade through a lot of bullshit to get the good stuff.

300 Heroes, huh? Well, depending on your play style, the units you want to get rid of may be different. If you're a collector like me, who wants to have 1 of every Hero on you at all times, then you can use a site, which I can give you the link if you'd like, and check the IVs of the character and keep the best one, then merge the others into them. I'll always keep a 5* over a 4*, and same with 4* over 3*. Rule of thumb for me; if it's 3*, send it home, they won't have any use for you, just get the feathers, but if they're 4*, check their skills to see if they have a worthwhile skill or special you want to give one of your more powerful units, namely 5*s.

Out of those characters you mentioned, I'll just list off the skills, if any, they can be good fodder for at 4*. Gunter- Hone Cav. Clarine, Serra, and Lissa- If 4*, keep around and merge, healers are very nice, even without good skills. Try getting Wrys' Live to Serve on them. Niles has Iceberg for high Res units. Barte... merge or send home, he ain't that good. Frederick has Luna, which is a skill lesser used than Moonbow, but still good in the right hands. Sully has Draw Back, good to give to mages. Robin has Bonfire, good to give to high Def units, also with good IVs and some work, can be an awesome colorless/Green destroyer. Matthew has Recipricol Aid, which is used in only a few builds, usually with any of the Lucina's that aren't Spring, or someone like Celica who takes damage after attack at 100% HP. Draug has Ward Armor, only good on another armor unit, obv, but it has it's uses.

A lot of characters have uses, even if they aren't apparent at first, be it fodder or a small role in one map. Hell, built right, a 4* +10 can be hugely helpful, even more than a 5* unmerged, potentially. If you got anything else specific you want to ask, you can send me a PM or something and I'll go into a lot more detail about stuff. It definitely takes a while to build up characters, and you also need some luck. It took a long while before I was able to conquer the Lunatic maps, specifically Chain Challenge chapter 11 & 12... I hate to think about it even now... I know looking up builds and what the best IVs for a character are can be boring and put you off, that's why I use them more as a guideline rather than a be all end all, because some builds are absolutely nuts and basically only whales who're willing to give up a 5* have.

With the new focus here, ofc I summoned 3 times with my orbs and managed to get a decent number of reds and blues, but the only 5* I managed was Alm. +HP/-Atk, but even still I'll probably use him. Got another 4* Nino, so now she's +10 with +Spd/-Def, and only needs Fury for her build to be complete. Also, interesting to note that none of the Fallen Heroes characters got demoted to 4/5*, they all remain 5* exclusive. I thought at least Hardin was gonna be the one demoted, but guess it still makes Vengeful and Bold Fighter skills harder to come by, which I'm fine with.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 4:07 PM, DaivRules said:

Hmm well I am also in the same position as you. I actually uninstalled the game at one point and recently I reinstalled the game. I only found the game fun when it is during events like Tempest Trails or Voting Gauntlet but besides it does get boring. Though I distract myself by playing other mobile games like Love Live School Idol Festival and Fate Grand Order while I wait for Fire Emblem Heroes to get new stuff. 

I only keep the characters I get based on two things. Do I like their artwork? and are they useful? Also if you are a beginner I would focus on your Top 12 characters at the moment so you won't be to overwhelmed by all the characters.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 8:53 PM, TheFinalEmblem said:

That's gacha games for ya, you gotta wade through a lot of bullshit to get the good stuff.

Out of those characters you mentioned, I'll just list off the skills, if any, they can be good fodder for at 4*. *Snipped - that’s a keeper!*

A lot of characters have uses, even if they aren't apparent at first, be it fodder or a small role in one map. If you got anything else specific you want to ask, you can send me a PM or something and I'll go into a lot more detail about stuff.

2 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

I only keep the characters I get based on two things. Do I like their artwork? and are they useful? Also if you are a beginner I would focus on your Top 12 characters at the moment so you won't be to overwhelmed by all the characters.

Heres the Heroes I’ve gotten to 40 already and the 5 star heroes I’ve gotten. I’m not even sure how to strategize properly going forward. 

B221_BD7_D_1_E6_A_4_F43_8_A39_830275_F97

A82_A417_E_DCAB_44_C5_9_AB4_ED62_C53454_

I’ve sent home all my 3 star duplicates to make room to continue summoning. Top picture shows the group I take in to clear just about everything. Since I’ve got 217 heroes and my 5 stars are in the 2nd image, the rest of my heroes are about 95% 4 star, quite a few duplicates. 

I’m looking to build 2-3 well rounded teams that aren’t “perfect” builds, but good-enough builds I don’t need to write a masters thesis to complete. 

I really don’t mind grinding out the experience to get anyone to 40, but inheriting skills and perfect specs gets a little outside the fun-zone for me.

Any specific advice is appreciated!

On 3/13/2018 at 0:20 AM, DaivRules said:

Heres the Heroes I’ve gotten to 40 already and the 5 star heroes I’ve gotten. I’m not even sure how to strategize properly going forward. 

I’ve sent home all my 3 star duplicates to make room to continue summoning. Top picture shows the group I take in to clear just about everything. Since I’ve got 217 heroes and my 5 stars are in the 2nd image, the rest of my heroes are about 95% 4 star, quite a few duplicates. 

I’m looking to build 2-3 well rounded teams that aren’t “perfect” builds, but good-enough builds I don’t need to write a masters thesis to complete. 

I really don’t mind grinding out the experience to get anyone to 40, but inheriting skills and perfect specs gets a little outside the fun-zone for me.

First thing is prioritize getting 5*s to level 40 and learning all their skills, so they have something, as pretty much any 5* is useful in their own way. I also see you have 2 5* Eldigans. You should look at their stats at level 40 and see which one you think is better, depending on the IVs, and merge the other into it for the +. I see plenty of other 5*s that can be very useful, Fjorm, V!Lyn (Jealous...), Fucking Reinhardt is amazing, Elincia, R!Ike, Azura, Celica, B!Lyn. Only thing you're missing is some good Green 5*s

Depending on your dupes, you can definitely make some very nice units with what you have. Probably do some research on builds, or post more pictures, I'll definitely try and help. Just my own rule; if you need to sacrifice a 5* for a level 3 skill, don't do it, it's not worth it, only use 4* for lv 3 skills

DYVxZJ4X0AAbQLl.jpg

First Alm, now Hardin. The game is playing me, giving me off banner 5*s for the color of the on banner 5*s. Can't complain, still great gains.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 9:20 PM, DaivRules said:

I would focus on upgrading your favorite units that are able to be upgradable. Which by the looks of your inventory it seems you may be able to do just.

I would go to this Gamepress link I am going to post which will give you a list of heroes to click on and what skills work best for them: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/heroes

I suggest just ignore IVs stats unless you have a second copy of that specific hero because looking for heroes with specific IVs are just a pain in the ass. I got a 5 star Catria which had a Attack Down and Defense Up which is a terrible stat for her but I didn't care and maintained her until one I got a better Catria by accident and I fused both of them together.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I just have one last hang-up before I think I have gotten on the right track. If I have some 4* characters highly leveled 30-4 but later got 5* of the same character, are they worth keeping the high level 4*, maybe take them to 40 or just send them home?

I would say fuse the 4 Star Character with the 5 Star Character. That is because 5 Star Characters have better stats than their 4 Star Counterpart.

Sadly though it would mean you would have grind them to Level 40 again. I had do this my lvl 40 Fjorm when I fused her with another Fjorm who had better IVs.

Here is a bit knowledge when grinding for exp. You gain more exp when the enemy is either 5 levels below, the same or higher but if the enemy is 6 level below you, then you will get very little exp.

Also here is some proof of 5 Stars having better natural stats then their 4 Star Counterparts. This is my Eliwood both lvl 1 with the same build set and you can see my 5 Star one has better stats which will result in better stat growth. (Sorry I couldn't make the pictures smaller, I am on mobile)

Xv36c44.jpg

nbPp7hl.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I just have one last hang-up before I think I have gotten on the right track. If I have some 4* characters highly leveled 30-4 but later got 5* of the same character, are they worth keeping the high level 4*, maybe take them to 40 or just send them home?

I would always keep a new 5* over a levelled 4* just because the 5* is better with their stats and what they can learn. You should fuse the 4* into the 5* so the 5* gets everything the 4* has, and some SP as well, to lower the need of SP grinding.

Also, with the gamepress link Vader provided, I use that site as well, but I will say don't listen to a majority of the "Optimal" builds for characters, because they mostly require insane skills that are only available through sacrificing 5*/exclusive units, like Swift Sparrow, QR3, Vengeful/Bold Fighter, etc. which I said previously is just not worth the sacrifice. Use it more as a guideline to try and build something yourself.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem
  • Like 1

I am so happy that I managed to get Bunny Catria. She is an Attack Up and Defense Down. I love her ever since I got her normal version which is one of my most powerful units I have in the game. I am already working on her skill setup and she is coming out perfectly and I really love her lines. 

Xt0r5xP.png?1

S8xdksh.png?1

Well, after using 64 orbs, because one of the 4 summons I did had 3 reds so I backed out, I managed to get a lot of fodder, some decent stuff like supports and specials, but the 2nd to last unit I summoned was S!Sharena, so I'm happy no Al cockblock. I got her -Res/+Def, which I'd like the reverse of, but I can work with it, she's still good. At least her Atk and Spd are untouched, which is good... I also noticed I have a ton of 5* green mages.

On March 22, 2018 at 10:24 AM, TheFinalEmblem said:

Well, after using 64 orbs, because one of the 4 summons I did had 3 reds so I backed out, I managed to get a lot of fodder, some decent stuff like supports and specials, but the 2nd to last unit I summoned was S!Sharena, so I'm happy no Al cockblock. I got her -Res/+Def, which I'd like the reverse of, but I can work with it, she's still good. At least her Atk and Spd are untouched, which is good... I also noticed I have a ton of 5* green mages.

I am trying to get someone that has reposition to give to my units.

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is fuck legendary banners, they roped me in again and I spent money. No wonder they plastered Female grimas face all over it.

I got a Halloween Nowi out of it and I got a 5* Roderick who I gave his Fire Lance to my Cordelia. I really hate this game at times and now I want to try for Buncina and Bunny Catria. But we have Tharcia and another Legendary scam coming up.  I love Gacha games.