Fire Emblem Heroes on Mobile

TheVader66

18 hours ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Yeah, it does seem weird, I'd think they'd start with the first ones and work their way down the list again. Still, I'm definitely gonna try again and get them, it'll allow for + and also transferring skills. Also, there's going to be some "Timed Special Missions" along with them. They're connected to the GHBs, given the wording, but there's no details yet. I speculate it'll be quests that give away characters, like what they're doing with the Peg Sisters right now, but different requirements of course. If it actually nets us other GHBs, I'll be happy, especially Michalis. Either way, can't wait.

Looks like you were right about the quest rewards. I wonder if they'll eventually rotate these events during the weeks between new GHBs.

Also, killing the units in story mode also works for some of the quests (5-1, Navarre; 4-4/4-5, F!Robin). Of course it won't work for the level-required quests, but it's nice for newer players that struggle with the GHBs. I'd assume it'd work against them in the arena as well, similar to banner/gauntlet quests.

20 hours ago, Makilio said:

Looks like you were right about the quest rewards. I wonder if they'll eventually rotate these events during the weeks between new GHBs.

Also, killing the units in story mode also works for some of the quests (5-1, Navarre; 4-4/4-5, F!Robin). Of course it won't work for the level-required quests, but it's nice for newer players that struggle with the GHBs. I'd assume it'd work against them in the arena as well, similar to banner/gauntlet quests.

I hope they'll start doing that.

That's actually pretty useful, though it'll only really net you the 2* Robin and 3* Navarre, which is still nice for those struggling, but is cake for veterans. On the off chance someone actually does manage to beat the right level Navarre or Robin with the opposite character and it counts in the arena, that'd be pretty funny.

Well, I'll be able to summon again tomorrow, but I think I'm gonna hold off until the new focus comes since it's only 2 days away. Besides, my luck ran dry immediately with the first two summons and me getting 5* Faye and Abel from them. Still haven't gotten Pieri or Minerva, my two most wanted units right now.

---

So the app gave an in game notification about improper use of the app, going further than they did last time. Basically, if you don't comply with the User Agreement and Code of Conduct, you get a big "Fuck you" and locked out of the app, losing all your save data, orbs included. I only bring this up to give my thoughts, and honestly, I'm glad they're going that far, though I would've done it right from the get go. If you cheat, you deserve to be locked out completely.

Also, Tellius characters are finally arriving!

Ike and Titania are the only ones I'm gunning for this time around, mostly since they're the only ones I know in the group. I never did get to play PoR/RD, and I doubt I will unless I come across them by luck with a good price. Still, pretty damn excited. Might buy some orbs so I'll be able to do 2 summons right off the bat after collecting the orbs from the maps and, if any, quests.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

17 hours ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Also, Tellius characters are finally arriving!

Ike and Titania are the only ones I'm gunning for this time around, mostly since they're the only ones I know in the group. I never did get to play PoR/RD, and I doubt I will unless I come across them by luck with a good price. Still, pretty damn excited. Might buy some orbs so I'll be able to do 2 summons right off the bat after collecting the orbs from the maps and, if any, quests.

I'm excited for Ike out of these four, although I'm patiently waiting for Largo, Ranulf, and RD Ike. I'm surprised they left Boyd out of the banner, but I suppose they only wanted to do four characters at a time.

It's a shame that PoR/RD are hard to come by at a decent price; they're both my favorite games in the series. I'm hoping they do a remaster or port for the Switch.

20 hours ago, Makilio said:

I'm excited for Ike out of these four, although I'm patiently waiting for Largo, Ranulf, and RD Ike. I'm surprised they left Boyd out of the banner, but I suppose they only wanted to do four characters at a time.

It's a shame that PoR/RD are hard to come by at a decent price; they're both my favorite games in the series. I'm hoping they do a remaster or port for the Switch.

That would be awesome, but I'd be okay with them just putting the games on the eshop, it'd make a ton of people happy, I'm sure.

---

Well, the Radiant Dawn maps have come and went for me, as well as the quests associated with them. I like that this is how they introduced the reinforcement maps. I was able to clear everything pretty easy, and also scumbag the quests with the Light's Blessings, which I've been stockpiling. Managed to get over 40 orbs and did 2 summon sessions. First summon I pulled 5* Ike and Olwen, and 2nd summon I pulled 5* Young Tiki. I'm not complaining at all, awesome pulls, but my luck has run out for the next two weeks and needs to recharge.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

On 4/25/2017 at 11:56 AM, TheFinalEmblem said:

Well, the Radiant Dawn maps have come and went for me, as well as the quests associated with them. I like that this is how they introduced the reinforcement maps. I was able to clear everything pretty easy, and also scumbag the quests with the Light's Blessings, which I've been stockpiling. Managed to get over 40 orbs and did 2 summon sessions. First summon I pulled 5* Ike and Olwen, and 2nd summon I pulled 5* Young Tiki. I'm not complaining at all, awesome pulls, but my luck has run out for the next two weeks and needs to recharge.

Ugh, I'm jealous. The only unit of note I pulled was a 4* +Spd/-HP Lilina, which is nice, but not what I'm looking for. The new maps are pretty fun; I've managed to complete most of them without resorting to Light's Blessings, although there was quite some effort required. 

There's gonna be a small livestream of some upcoming FEH stuff. You can watch it here at 12:30AM EST.

---

Well, since the video has already went, here's the rundown of what happened;

Xander will be coming May 2nd.

The next Gauntlet has been selected, and it's Mages this time, 4 guys, 4 girls, but who cares about everyone else because Tharja is gonna be Lucina 3.0. Leo is the only one that stands a fighting chance.

They talked about the new event that was mentioned before, the "Permadeath" one, where if a character dies in it, you can't use them for the rest of the event, and they made it seems scary.

The 4th thing I didn't really understand; it had to do with rankings, and you could get orbs depending on it, but if your rank fell, you lose the orbs you could potentially get?

The 5th thing, the biggest thing, is their Golden Week special event thing, which actually starts today with the new focus of Takumi, Hector, Azura, and Ryoma at the starting rate of 5% instead of 3%, giving you a base 8% chance for them, as well as 2x SP, but there's going to be something else, again, something I didn't really understand, in the future that will give orbs and feathers.

I'm gonna whale hard, no doubt about it, I WANT Takumi and Hector for various reasons.

---

Well, managed to get some 4* version of 3*s I had, but I also managed to get Azura and Julia, so that's pretty awesome. I've redone my arena team now since I've gotten more characters; Ike, Julia, Young Tiki, and Azura are my team now. With the May quests coming, I'll get plenty more orbs and should be able to summon on Wednesday.

---

Got my first 5* dupe, Cordelia, and I'm gonna train her up and see how she compares to my previous one. I also managed to summon Takumi! So now I'm only missing Hector. I'll still keep Julia on my Arena team if I get Hector, but if I manage to get Linde sometime, then I can put Hector in and replace Azura with Linde. Anyway, there's some updates coming up, version 1.3, and also the new arena. This next season will end a day early, and then maintenance will go on from 12AM-2:30AM EST Approximately on 5/8. For the arena, it says we'll get the rewards for arena score and rank at the end of the season, so along with the regular feathers, we'll get our orbs from the new system depending on our ranks. It's nice they're adding this new scoring thing in, as more orbs the better. It does only go up to rank 20, though, and you won't get anything past. Rank 13 is the highest right now, so by the time the rewards come out, it'll be 15, I think.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Definitely enjoyed the Hero Fest banner. I managed to get Hector (+Def/-Res) on the very first orb, so I'm ecstatic despite the other four being trash. I'm too cheap to buy orbs, but I should be able to pull a second time before the banner's gone. I'm really hoping for Azura, as I'd like some variety away from Olivia.

All these updates look pretty promising, although I haven't had time lately to keep up with them myself.

On 5/2/2017 at 9:05 PM, Makilio said:

Definitely enjoyed the Hero Fest banner. I managed to get Hector (+Def/-Res) on the very first orb, so I'm ecstatic despite the other four being trash. I'm too cheap to buy orbs, but I should be able to pull a second time before the banner's gone. I'm really hoping for Azura, as I'd like some variety away from Olivia.

All these updates look pretty promising, although I haven't had time lately to keep up with them myself.

Nice job, Hector is the last one I want, though if I got Ryoma, I wouldn't complain. I think I'll be 1 orb off because I only have 2 "free" ones left for the quests, I'm not trying for the 10th Stratum ones. So I might just get $13 worth so I can summon twice and toss them, hoping to get Hector.

Yeah, the updates are great. I hope we'll see the "perma-death" maps sooner rather than later. Also, through that "Luck" roll thing that has been going on in Japan (Not in game, it's on a website), which we'll be getting 4 orbs and I forget how many feathers from, it's been revealed that Celica has artwork from the game, so more than likely, to tie in with the leadup to the Western release of Echoes, she'll be part of the next focus, along with 3 characters from her side of the story, I assume. I don't think I'll save orbs for them, though.

---

Well, the luck drawing site thing has reached the final two days, which have special golden orbs to "summon" from. If people's speculations are to be believed, then after this is all over, there's going to be a new color added onto the summon wheel, gold. Again, IF it is to happen, then just based off the site, it seems like it will let you summon any character, and when I say any, I mean ANY. Just the preview showed that red, blue, green, and colorless could be summoned, but let's go a step further and throw in the GHB characters. How do I know? I ended up drawing an "Extreme Luck" Marx/Xander.

I mean, if this were to be a thing that was added to the actual game, which I think people are jumping the gun over way too much, then it's a cool addition, but I don't really care for it either way, they could leave it out and everything would be just fine, too.

---

Remember, today is when the game goes under maintenance for version 1.3! Happens between 12:00AM-2:30AM EST. We'll be getting the new arena maps, as well as the new ranking system, but other than that, we don't know what else will be added. I think there's definitely going to be more that'll be like "Surprise, this is a thing now." like those gold orbs, maybe. Only thing we do know that we don't know if it'll be added is the "Perma-death" event thing.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

On 5/2/2017 at 10:28 PM, TheFinalEmblem said:

Well, the luck drawing site thing has reached the final two days, which have special golden orbs to "summon" from. If people's speculations are to be believed, then after this is all over, there's going to be a new color added onto the summon wheel, gold. Again, IF it is to happen, then just based off the site, it seems like it will let you summon any character, and when I say any, I mean ANY. Just the preview showed that red, blue, green, and colorless could be summoned, but let's go a step further and throw in the GHB characters. How do I know? I ended up drawing an "Extreme Luck" Marx/Xander.

I mean, if this were to be a thing that was added to the actual game, which I think people are jumping the gun over way too much, then it's a cool addition, but I don't really care for it either way, they could leave it out and everything would be just fine, too.

---

Remember, today is when the game goes under maintenance for version 1.3! Happens between 12:00AM-2:30AM EST. We'll be getting the new arena maps, as well as the new ranking system, but other than that, we don't know what else will be added. I think there's definitely going to be more that'll be like "Surprise, this is a thing now." like those gold orbs, maybe. Only thing we do know that we don't know if it'll be added is the "Perma-death" event thing.

I wonder if gold orbs will include Alfonse/Sharena/Anna. If so, I'm interested in having a slight chance of getting them; otherwise, it seems like a worse option than a regular orb, but I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.

In other news, I managed to get Azura in my very last blue orb of the banner, so I'm pleased with the results, especially since I'll be able to customize better team compositions for the arena and perma-death maps when they arrive. Also, Mae from Gaiden/SoV has appeared in the Japanese website thing, so odds are she'll appear alongside Celica in the upcoming banner.

On 5/7/2017 at 8:29 PM, Makilio said:

I wonder if gold orbs will include Alfonse/Sharena/Anna. If so, I'm interested in having a slight chance of getting them; otherwise, it seems like a worse option than a regular orb, but I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.

In other news, I managed to get Azura in my very last blue orb of the banner, so I'm pleased with the results, especially since I'll be able to customize better team compositions for the arena and perma-death maps when they arrive. Also, Mae from Gaiden/SoV has appeared in the Japanese website thing, so odds are she'll appear alongside Celica in the upcoming banner.

That actually would be interesting, but to my knowledge, they didn't show up in the fortune thing, at least I never saw. But yeah, if getting those 3 characters were possible, it'd be nice.

Nice. I don't have enough orbs for another full summon, and won't until tomorrow when the banner is over, so I'm saving to try and get Titania since Ike's Banner is still going for another week, and we should have plenty of orbs coming our way. Still, I got Azura and Takumi, so I'm pretty happy. I think over these past 2 weeks, I've gotten 7 5*s, which I usually only ever get 2 per focus period.

---

Okay, so the App just outlined what's gonna be in the update, and there's nothing sneaky they're adding in, everything that's being put in we've been told about. It's basically a huge arena update, which is great. I always run and get a x7 streak of Advanced runs, easily getting about 4.3-4.4K points, but with the threat of possible demotion now, that's a pretty good incentive. And in addition to the feathers we're gonna earn from our rank and points, we get an additional number and orbs on top of that depending on tier. Right now, the highest is 15, but the chart went up to 20. Looks like it's gonna start to get even more competitive.

---

Well, plenty of new things today; the arena is back open, and the "Ranking" tab has been replaced to show "Tier" and you can see where you stand among those in your same Tier, and if you will be promoted, demoted, or stay the same Tier depending on your rank, as well as see what rewards you're gonna get. IDK if it's just today, or because of the new maps, but Advanced seems to be kicking my ass. Right now, as long as I don't get demoted, I feel fine, I can stay at Tier 15 forever for all I care. Also, the new maps are kinda fun. The Desert Oasis one probably has to be my favorite, if only because it's so easy to win there.

Speaking of, I met a total whale in the arena, all cavalry units, a Cecilia +10, Xander +1, Spring Xander +1, and Reinhardt +2, I think. Had the Goad Cavalry and such to give even more buffs... usually Ike can slam green mages because of Distant Counter built in... the Cecilia came up and killed him in one hit. I looked at the stats with the buffs, and she had 60 freaking attack... I felt hurt, but today has been a crazy arena run. I definitely do need to work on my team I have now since they don't have any special moves or anything, but I don't have the units to spare. All the dupes I get I just fuse into the one I already have if they're the same * or lower, only because I don't see much useful skills unless it's a level 3. Then again, I'm not the super competitive type that puts a shit ton of thought into this game, I just play it to enjoy it, and still 3 months after release, I do.

A ton of new Defense Maps came out today, giving us an easy 10 orbs, along with 2 more for quests. They're all pretty easy, especially the beginning ones. Once you get to Maps 4 and 5, they're still manageable, especially if you can kill all the units before reinforcements arrive so the map ends early. I guess I'll be able to summon a lot sooner than I thought, though I'm thinking of saving my orbs for when Celica and her banner comes out next week. By that time, I should have enough to summon 2 times.

Also, the Ursula GHB is coming back, so people who missed out can get her, and of course, there'll be quests associated, which means more orbs possibly. I got her 3* form, but not her 4* form, so I'm gunning for that this time around, and maybe I'll do the quests to get another 4* for the temporary +.

Also look forward to receiving 4 orbs and 5K feathers from that luck drawing thing that went on during Golden Week, since all the numbers were met.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

On 5/7/2017 at 8:37 PM, TheFinalEmblem said:

Well, plenty of new things today; the arena is back open, and the "Ranking" tab has been replaced to show "Tier" and you can see where you stand among those in your same Tier, and if you will be promoted, demoted, or stay the same Tier depending on your rank, as well as see what rewards you're gonna get. IDK if it's just today, or because of the new maps, but Advanced seems to be kicking my ass. Right now, as long as I don't get demoted, I feel fine, I can stay at Tier 15 forever for all I care. Also, the new maps are kinda fun. The Desert Oasis one probably has to be my favorite, if only because it's so easy to win there.

The arena's gotten pretty tough for me too. I'm not fond with facing Vantage Hectors/Takumi with merged Reinhardts, especially since my units are unmerged with their base skills. I managed to get 4.6k + 550 score with only 3 deaths, so I guess I'm still doing okay. Defense seems interesting since it now factors in bonus units, although I wish we got a little more info on the teams we defeat, so we know what's working. Long term, I'll probably hang around tier 15-16 as well, which honestly isn't too bad.

The new maps are interesting, although the oasis is my least favorite. I struggle to get the enemies off the defensive tiles, so it's a lot of running around the map with AI manipulation.

Kind of disappointed we only get one extra Ursula from quests. Looks like Narcian's coming up next, so I'm happy. I wasn't able to beat his hard map the first time around.

13 hours ago, Makilio said:

The arena's gotten pretty tough for me too. I'm not fond with facing Vantage Hectors/Takumi with merged Reinhardts, especially since my units are unmerged with their base skills. I managed to get 4.6k + 550 score with only 3 deaths, so I guess I'm still doing okay. Defense seems interesting since it now factors in bonus units, although I wish we got a little more info on the teams we defeat, so we know what's working. Long term, I'll probably hang around tier 15-16 as well, which honestly isn't too bad.

The new maps are interesting, although the oasis is my least favorite. I struggle to get the enemies off the defensive tiles, so it's a lot of running around the map with AI manipulation.

Kind of disappointed we only get one extra Ursula from quests. Looks like Narcian's coming up next, so I'm happy. I wasn't able to beat his hard map the first time around.

Yeah, and those things are EVERYWHERE. I only just recently ran into a Takumi that didn't have Vantage 3 and I was shocked. That's actually pretty decent since that'll easily land you in the territory to be promoted. Yeah, I guess because they're trying to compensate for the Ranked feathers being taken away, they increased the number gotten through defense a little.

Doesn't matter to me, I got her 4* off her map and she's pretty good, imo. Only thing she lacks is defense. And same, I couldn't beat Narcian's 4* map, but now, it'll probably be cake.

The Gauntlet started today as well and... I really don't care, honestly. We already know who's gonna win, even with the triple score for the disadvantaged team in play. Plus, there wasn't really 1 character I wanted to win over all the others, so I went with Leo, since he's the one I like most out of the mages.

Celica's Banner got a video today.

First off, that Distant Defense Celica has is honestly pretty damn awesome, but being an A skill, sadly it will still be beaten out by other things. But at least we know she's a mage now, and that Ragnarok Tome makes it advantageous to have a healer around her to always get that Atk/Spd +5 bonus.

Boey comes in with Earth Boost, which gives Def +6 if the unit has at least 3 HP more than the enemy, and also comes in with Renewal, so that's pretty decent in making sure it stays that way. Also comes in with a new tome; Gronnowl, which boost Atk.Spd/Def/Res by number of adjacet allies x2 during combat. So basically, make a little box around him and get automatic +6 in battle to all stats, and +12 in Def.

Mae comes with a similar tome to Gronnowl with Blarowl, which does the same thing. Also has Draw Back, Desperation, and Blue Tome EXP 3. Not much to say about her other than the B Tome EXP 3. Guess her stats will have to do the talking? Still, Desperation can be a good skill.

Last in comes Genny with a skill called Wrathful Staff, which states "Damage from unit's staff will be calculated the same as other weapons." Staves just became more dangerous now.

Of course with this comes a new story chapter; Rite of Shadows, which looks like it'll continue more of the Bruno storyline.

A completely mage focused... focus, but pretty cool nonetheless. Like other colors/weapon types, there are only a few mages/healers that stand out, so maybe the addition of these, it will make people do some rethinking. I'm looking forward to them on Monday and will be saving my orbs.

On 5/12/2017 at 11:34 AM, TheFinalEmblem said:

<snip>

Yea, the arena's a headache. I suppose all of the whales will just shoot up to the top ranks, so we'll just have to manage these next few seasons. Every unit having Vantage is frustrating though.

Same feeling about the arena, although I went with Linde since she's been the focal unit of my team since day 1. She's no match from Tharja, but since she's pretty much in 3x points whenever I check, I'm getting a nice ranking with less effort. I'll probably just jump ship to another underdog next round for the free points. 

As excited as I am for best lord Celica, I think I'm actually going to save up orbs. Dataminers found evidence of an upcoming wedding-themed banner, and I'd hate to miss out on any potential grooms/brides that I want.

On 5/13/2017 at 8:03 PM, Makilio said:

Yea, the arena's a headache. I suppose all of the whales will just shoot up to the top ranks, so we'll just have to manage these next few seasons. Every unit having Vantage is frustrating though.

Same feeling about the arena, although I went with Linde since she's been the focal unit of my team since day 1. She's no match from Tharja, but since she's pretty much in 3x points whenever I check, I'm getting a nice ranking with less effort. I'll probably just jump ship to another underdog next round for the free points. 

As excited as I am for best lord Celica, I think I'm actually going to save up orbs. Dataminers found evidence of an upcoming wedding-themed banner, and I'd hate to miss out on any potential grooms/brides that I want.

I'm sure I've already said, but as long as I don't get demoted, I call it a win. I know I'll probably never be able to get into the top 10% for a 2 tier promotion, but I'm not aiming for that.

Well, it seems the winners are gonna be Leo, Tharja, Robin, and Julia. Of course Robin and Tharja are going onto the last round, so I'll have to hop onto one of them, and it'll probably be Robin just because. I didn't even try all the quests for all the flags this time, I'll just use whatever I have in the last round during the 3x points. All I want is the feathers anyway, but I'm not gonna kill myself and waste materials for them.

I see. They'll probably treat it like the Spring Banner and have it come up as it's own, so it's not being interfered with by something else in the 2 week period. As much as I hope they don't give Lucina another unit, I feel they will, just for the fans. I don't have anything against her, I like her, but she doesn't need over representation. Just saying. Eirika could be one as well, since in Awakening, she was the introduction of the bride class. Other than that, I don't really know who they would pick for the candidates. I imagine it'll be 2 guys and 2 girls. I'm gonna spend orbs until I see something, but I doubt anyone will really catch my interest.

---

Oh god, my luck having gotten me 7 5*s these past 3 weeks has severely crippled it now. My last 3 summons have all been pretty crap, in my opinion. First was 4 3* dupes and 1 4* dupe. 2nd was the same thing. 3rd one I just did was 3 3* dupes and 2 4* dupes, with 1 being a 4* Gunter, who I had a 3* of, so I fused the 3 into the 4 and trained him back up. Honestly, I'd be more bummed out, but this particular Banner isn't exactly my cup of tea. Granted, I'm not gonna save up orbs, I'm gonna keep summoning trying to get units regardless. I'll be able to summon again on the 18th when the Gauntlet ends and we get our 20 orbs.

Also I noticed today we didn't get 2 free orbs. It kinda surprised me since they've been giving 2 orbs out per day pretty much since the game released, save like 3 days after the first 2 week period. I assume this'll be much of the same, and they'll roll something out in a few days. Like the JP release of Echoes, I imagine that on the 19th, we'll get a 1 time bonus for the release of it in the west, or maybe we'll get a period of 2 orbs per day again then.

---

Now that the Gauntlet is [almost] over, I gotta say, that 3x point thing for the losing team is actually a pretty good balance. I can't speak for the matches I wasn't in, but for Leo v. Henry and Leo v. Robin, there were times where the scores were either super close, or the losing person was able to take over. This is also apparent in the last match, Tharja v. Robin. While checking it, I saw Tharja ahead by nearly 2 billion, and then when I played the next morning, Robin was ahead, but Tharja managed to claw her way back up.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Had some pretty good battles in the arena so far this round. I managed to get my highest score so far, and a pretty nice defense score as well. Xander's a ridiculous unit, and I can't wait until the defense maps rotate back. I'm surprised more people aren't running him. Also, Lloyd's art has been released, in case you haven't seen it. Looks like we're getting Morph!Lloyd, which is kind of disappoint, but I'll take it.

On 5/13/2017 at 8:14 PM, TheFinalEmblem said:

Also I noticed today we didn't get 2 free orbs. It kinda surprised me since they've been giving 2 orbs out per day pretty much since the game released, save like 3 days after the first 2 week period. I assume this'll be much of the same, and they'll roll something out in a few days. Like the JP release of Echoes, I imagine that on the 19th, we'll get a 1 time bonus for the release of it in the west, or maybe we'll get a period of 2 orbs per day again then.

---

Now that the Gauntlet is [almost] over, I gotta say, that 3x point thing for the losing team is actually a pretty good balance. I can't speak for the matches I wasn't in, but for Leo v. Henry and Leo v. Robin, there were times where the scores were either super close, or the losing person was able to take over. This is also apparent in the last match, Tharja v. Robin. While checking it, I saw Tharja ahead by nearly 2 billion, and then when I played the next morning, Robin was ahead, but Tharja managed to claw her way back up.

Yea, it's weird how they're handling the orbs. It's like they want to stay engaged with events/releases by using them as reasons for the orbs. There's typically a gap of a few days between each one too, so it's kind of awkward. They've been putting orbs in quests though, which I'm enjoying.

The gauntlet definitely seems more engaging with the 3x, although it led me to wanting to save my flags for the extra points, and I ended up not using them all. I ranked decently though, so it seems I wasn't the only one. While it's nice to get feathers for little effort, I hope they have plans for differentiating future gauntlets, as they're already feeling stale. Knowing who's going to win each time isn't helping either.

Edited by Makilio

1 hour ago, Makilio said:

Had some pretty good battles in the arena so far this round. I managed to get my highest score so far, and a pretty nice defense score as well. Xander's a ridiculous unit, and I can't wait until the defense maps rotate back. I'm surprised more people aren't running him.

Yea, it's weird how they're handling the orbs. It's like they want to stay engaged with events/releases by using them as reasons for the orbs. There's typically a gap of a few days between each one too, so it's kind of awkward. They've been putting orbs in quests though, which I'm enjoying.

The gauntlet definitely seems more engaging with the 3x, although it led me to wanting to save my flags for the extra points, and I ended up not using them all. I ranked decently though, so it seems I wasn't the only one. While it's nice to get feathers for little effort, I hope they have plans for differentiating future gauntlets, as they're already feeling stale. Knowing who's going to win each time isn't helping either.

I dropped a little less than my previous score, but that's fine, I'm still in the territory where I'll stay the same rank, though I'm about 700 away from going into the demoted section, which honestly is fine because anything higher than 15 is gonna be a pain to stay in or promote. I basically have to do a perfect run with only 1 death at most to really get back up, but whatever, as long as I get 3 orbs per season, I'm fine. Still no defense score yet, though. lol, I had 60K feathers and as soon as I saw Xander was a bonus unit, even though I already have a 5* level 40 Roy, I spent 20K on him and to get to 5* and level 40... I also promoted Michalis and Ursula to 5* as well, and they're level 39 and 38 respectively. They're both really great, so I might put them in my team. Speaking of teams, I'm gonna put mine up in a second, at the bottom.

Yeah, as long as they at least have quests and stuff for them, it's good. I got the 5 orbs from the Seals one just now, and with the bonus for Shadows of Valentia they gave out, I'm up to 10. Still waiting on the 20 for the Gauntlet, which we should get in a few days. I wanna summon again.

Yeah, I just used my flags whenever the bonus was going on, but with Tharja, I just used them and that was that, might as well have. Yeah, they need to be more careful with their characters they pick.

When it comes to the arena, I'm always going to switch out 1 unit to correspond with a bonus character to get those bonus points. So right now, the current team I'm running is Xander, Azura, Julia, and Takumi. None of them have anything extra on them, mostly because I only use dupes that have a 3 skill, and also that are useful, and those have been very skimpy as of late.

Spoiler

lvBxgA7.png

Xander has all his basic stuff already. His built in Distant Counter is great, but his biggest bane is mages. Blue mages will absolutely obliterate him, and even some Green mages could get some damage off on him, but still, they'll be the ones to likely die. His speed definitely leaves something to be desired, but he's best at running up and hitting things, especially with Armored Blow 3. Mine when attacking has 43 attack when hitting, which allows him some great defense against the usual Hector, causing him to only get 1 or 2 damage in, while Xander does considerable damage. His Spur Def doesn't come into play much, but I've started to use it more, and even given him the Spur Def 1 Seal to bolster his defense giving to +6.

Spoiler

URwmK9a.png

I have Azura, who is used as you think she is; to sing so people can either kill more than 1 character, or to get the character to do more damage to 1 character or kill them. Xander and Julia both have low speed, so Azura really helps out when they, Julia more than Xander, can't kill someone. She can hold her own against most red units, both mages and physical users, though, because of her Sapphire Lance+, but against anything else can hurt her a bit or outright kill her. Her speed and attack are both great, and her Res is nice, but she's not bulky. Like I said, anything red she can take, everything else is a danger. I gave her the Speed +1 Seal just because.

Spoiler

mjcreeC.png

Julia, good god she hits like a truck, but anything physical will destroy her. 50 Attack, 41 HP, and 35 Res is pretty great for taking mages, of course, her 23 Spd and 17 Defense mean she can be 2x hit easily and be killed by physicals, so even a blue user with a brave lance+ can probably kill her. Still, her Naga tome can and will easily kill Nowi, Ninian, and Fae. Both Tikis can survive and counterattack if they have the right breath, so even going up against her, it's a little risky. Having Julia is very nice on a map with a lot of gaps, like the lava one, as she can kill enemies across the way, and if Azura is nearby, it helps greatly. She's been able to eliminate Lucinas with this. Plus, she's an amazing armor killer, mostly for Effie, but I've taken out a Zeph with her, too. Has the Atk +1 Seal just because.

Spoiler

qKlbzxV.png

Now Takumi, the man who everyone loves to give Vantage 3 to... and I do at some point as well... Anyway, we all know why Takumi is good; Close Counter. He has pretty nice Atk and Spd, so he can hit 2x often, and his Defense is nice enough to keep him alive, but his Res is the problem. Mages can kill him, but they also risk themselves getting killed. With Vantage 3, it can basically make it so once he's under that 75%, you need someone to kill him. I have ran into a handful of maps where it's impossible to win because of this Vantage 3 Takumi because he's the last one left, and my characters are near death, so they can't survive his attack. I'm lucky to have a +Def/-HP Takumi, as it makes his Defense 29, while the - can go down to 22, which is awful. I gave him the +3 HP seal to compensate a bit for his low HP.

Now with the newly promoted 5*s Michalis and Ursula, I've been looking into replacing Julia and Azura for them, and here's why;

I may joke about this now, but each one of them, Xander, Michalis, Ursula, and Takumi, have no B skill, so I could slap Vantage 3 on all of them, just because. Will I do it? Depends on if I can get any dupe Lon'qu or Reinhardts, but even still, I probably won't. I could put Desperation or Quick Riposte there instead... maybe... They also have no Support Skill, so that slot is free to anything, though I'm not entirely sure what I'd give.

Anyway, Ursula is a pretty well rounded unit; great Atk and Res, not as high as Julia, but Ursula has speed, and that's a great thing as she can potentially 2x hit some units. Her defense is the only thing lacking, but she at least has more than Julia and has Speed to keep from getting 2x hit. Still, Brave weapons can still potentially kill her, even from a red unit. Her tome, Blarwolf+ is a Cavalry killer, and given Xander is more prevalent than ever now, if she gets the first shot, he's dead. It'd also make short work of Eldigan, as he's built similar to Xander, in that he has massive attack and defense, so his Res is lacking. While there are some Blue and Green Cavalry as well, it's a tossup whether they can be killed or not, it just depends. She has Death Blow 3, so initiating combat gives a good +6 when initiating combat. Threaten Res means she can bait out characters, mostly other mages, and make them weaker, or if there's gaps in the map, can make physical units weaker. Gave her Fortify Res seal just because. I don't usually look at specials in the arena since it's rare a 5 turn one will come out, but Growling Thunder is nuts in normal play. Just saying. Xander and Michalis both have a 5 turn special that are pretty destructive, but anyway, moving on...

Michalis has Attack out the ass and some pretty beefy Defense. He's almost the reverse Julia, in that his defense and res are almost opposite of her, but he has a little more speed and HP on him. Iotes Shield means immunity to the bonus damage from archers, but given Takumi and Jeorge are really the only ones used, and they both can easily have enough Speed to 2x him, it's still dangerous to use him as bait. But this is where Xander comes in, with both Ursula and Michalis, and Takumi possibly too. With Spur Def 3 and 1 on him, Xander gives a +6 boost to defense for anyone that is adjacent to him, so you can easily strategically place him around a character that's about to initiate combat, or be bait, and boost their defense. With Michalis, his Def would be over 40, meaning he could shake off Jeorge's attacks like they were nothing, and take minimal damage from Takumi, all while making his special counter go down. It works less with Ursula since she doesn't really want to go against physical units unless from afar, but it can help with Takumi and his Close Combat, boosting his Defense to 35, which is great. So Xander can easily be used to both Attack and Support. I don't really know what Seal to give him, it'd have to either be Speed or Attack +1.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

15 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

<snip>

60k feathers? That's impressive; I typically sit around 0~22k, depending on how quickly I find a unit I want to promote. I was hesitant to promote Xander, as I have a 5* Eliwood, but I definitely don't regret it. Xander's defense is just too useful against Hector and Takumi. He's the only unit that can safely take on both of them in the same fight, whereas my other reds can only do one.  Other than that, I use him to manipulate the mages, so my other units can pick them off safely.

The team I'm using this round is Xander/Linde/Azura/Julia, which is pretty similar to yours. Linde is +2 with a base attack of 50 and a base speed of 40; I typically put the +1 Attack seal on her, which lets her one shot most Takumi/reds. Vantage/counters tend to not work when you're already dead. Before Xander, I used Eirika as my red, so she was sporting a nice 54 attack. Sadly, a lot of people are starting to put the +3 HP seal on them, so she's not exactly OHKOing everyone anymore, but she does a great job.

Azura typically sings for Linde/Julia depending on the enemy's team, although if they're running multiple distant counters, she'll take one on to help spread the damage away from Linde. Her Hone Res is nice with the abundance of mages, although I do miss Olivia's Hone Attack. 

Julia's simply there to run over any blues and dragons, as well as to provide chip damage against non-distant counters. She's swapped out with Anna when she's a bonus unit. I was surprised at how well Anna performs against most units. In fact, she's able to handle Takumi, whereas Julia can't. It's tough to say whom I like more, although I'm leaning towards Julia simply because of Naga.

I doubt I'll make it to the +4 Orb ranks since I'm too lazy to use SI, but I'm pretty happy with my results and to see how high up I can make it with base units.

46 minutes ago, Makilio said:

60k feathers? That's impressive; I typically sit around 0~22k, depending on how quickly I find a unit I want to promote. I was hesitant to promote Xander, as I have a 5* Eliwood, but I definitely don't regret it. Xander's defense is just too useful against Hector and Takumi. He's the only unit that can safely take on both of them in the same fight, whereas my other reds can only do one.  Other than that, I use him to manipulate the mages, so my other units can pick them off safely.

The team I'm using this round is Xander/Linde/Azura/Julia, which is pretty similar to yours. Linde is +2 with a base attack of 50 and a base speed of 40; I typically put the +1 Attack seal on her, which lets her one shot most Takumi/reds. Vantage/counters tend to not work when you're already dead. Before Xander, I used Eirika as my red, so she was sporting a nice 54 attack. Sadly, a lot of people are starting to put the +3 HP seal on them, so she's not exactly OHKOing everyone anymore, but she does a great job.

Azura typically sings for Linde/Julia depending on the enemy's team, although if they're running multiple distant counters, she'll take one on to help spread the damage away from Linde. Her Hone Res is nice with the abundance of mages, although I do miss Olivia's Hone Attack. 

Julia's simply there to run over any blues and dragons, as well as to provide chip damage against non-distant counters. She's swapped out with Anna when she's a bonus unit. I was surprised at how well Anna performs against most units. In fact, she's able to handle Takumi, whereas Julia can't. It's tough to say whom I like more, although I'm leaning towards Julia simply because of Naga.

I doubt I'll make it to the +4 Orb ranks since I'm too lazy to use SI, but I'm pretty happy with my results and to see how high up I can make it with base units.

Yeah, I was mostly focused on getting all my character, which is 91 of them, all unique since I don't keep dupes, to level 40, and I only have 12 left. I didn't want to promote anyone yet, so that's why I had so many feathers, but I broke since I only have 12 characters left to promote.

Yeah, Vantage is only good if you can survive, but if you get OHKO, it's useless. Linde is probably one of the best mages, along with Julia. Other Blue mages I see used are usually Reinhardt or Robin, and for Green, it's usually Nino or Merric.

Exactly the same as my Julia, there for the dragons since a lot of people like to use them, and also for any blue mage. Yeah, Anna was actually the first character I promoted to 5*, mostly because she was a bonus, but she is a really great character. Has some nasty Attack and Spd, along with Vantage 3 and Astra, it's pretty crazy. Yeah, I get you, it's a bit of a hard pick between the two.

Same, and I don't care too, honestly, it'll be too much work, basically need to have perfect full Advanced runs.

---

The Lloyd GHB will be going up tomorrow! Here's a little preview of him and his map. Wonder what characters will be in his focus?

lloyd-ghb-teaser.jpg

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

15 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Yeah, I was mostly focused on getting all my character, which is 91 of them, all unique since I don't keep dupes, to level 40, and I only have 12 left. I didn't want to promote anyone yet, so that's why I had so many feathers, but I broke since I only have 12 characters left to promote.

Yeah, Vantage is only good if you can survive, but if you get OHKO, it's useless. Linde is probably one of the best mages, along with Julia. Other Blue mages I see used are usually Reinhardt or Robin, and for Green, it's usually Nino or Merric.

Exactly the same as my Julia, there for the dragons since a lot of people like to use them. Yeah, Anna was actually the first character I promoted to 5*, mostly because she was a bonus, but she is a really great character. Has some nasty Attack and Spd, along with Vantage 3 and Astra, it's pretty crazy. Yeah, I get you, it's a bit of a hard pick between the two.

Same, and I don't care too, honestly, it'll be too much work, basically need to have perfect full Advanced runs.

My method was getting one of every type of unit to 5* to fill whatever niche I need for GHBs. I'm pretty much done, although I'm missing a dagger, staff, and some flying units. I'm thinking of switching gears and making the rotating daily heroes 5*, as they're the ones most likely to be required for quests (and for following Mkv's strats).

Speaking of Reinhardt, that's another advantage Julia has over Anna. Julia can bait him and OHKO him on enemy phase while taking minimal damage. Anna has to use player phase and takes a decent chunk, enough that she can't fight Takumi. Another mage worth mentioning is Tharja. She's essentially a red Linde with Nino's tome that has some bulk, although the arena meta doesn't seem to favor her since she has to compete with Falchion users and Xander/Ryoma. Not to mention most teams are running multiple blues at the moment, although I expect to see more of her when people are running multiple greens.

9 minutes ago, Makilio said:

My method was getting one of every type of unit to 5* to fill whatever niche I need for GHBs. I'm pretty much done, although I'm missing a dagger, staff, and some flying units. I'm thinking of switching gears and making the rotating daily heroes 5*, as they're the ones most likely to be required for quests (and for following Mkv's strats).

Speaking of Reinhardt, that's another advantage Julia has over Anna. Julia can bait him and OHKO him on enemy phase while taking minimal damage. Anna has to use player phase and takes a decent chunk, enough that she can't fight Takumi. Another mage worth mentioning is Tharja. She's essentially a red Linde with Nino's tome that has some bulk, although the arena meta doesn't seem to favor her since she has to compete with Falchion users and Xander/Ryoma. Not to mention most teams are running multiple blues at the moment, although I expect to see more of her when people are running multiple greens.

That's a good plan. I have every kind except a Staff user. And actually, making the units 5* may change the outcome of the enemies behaviors even if you follow Mkvs stuff. I know because in Navarre's map, I did the exact same movements, but some of the 3*s Mkv had I had 4*, and the enemy movements changed just a little bit. It's not too bad, I was able to beat him, but just barely. Even small changes in stats or color will make the enemies act differently. Found this out in Zephiel, Xander, and Ursula's map, also.

Anytime I see a blue mage, I already know to have Julia bait it and that'll be one less headache I have. Yeah, Tharja's pretty good, she has nice Atk and Spd, but her Def and Res are both pretty low. She has Darting Blow 3, so she can easily 2x hit someone. I used her in my original team, and she had her uses. Yeah, in the pool of reds, where mages don't really thrive anyway, there are better options.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

11 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

That's a good plan. I have every kind except a Staff user. And actually, making the units 5* may change the outcome of the enemies behaviors even if you follow Mkvs stuff. I know because in Navarre's map, I did the exact same movements, but some of the 3*s Mkv had I had 4*, and the enemy movements changed just a little bit. It's not too bad, I was able to beat him, but just barely. Even small changes in stats or color will make the enemies act differently. Found this out in Zephiel, Xander, and Ursula's map, also.

Anytime I see a blue mage, I already know to have Julia bait it and that'll be one less headache I have. Yeah, Tharja's pretty good, she has nice Atk and Spd, but her Def and Res are both pretty low. She has Darting Blow 3, so she can easily 2x hit someone. I used her in my original team, and she had her uses. Yeah, in the pool of reds, where mages don't really thrive anyway, there are better options.

Yea, I'm aware of the enemy AI's habits. I'm not too concerned about the slight differences, seeing as I substitute some units anyways. I'm more concerned with just pushing through the quests without having to train a unit beforehand. Plus, the free units are also rotating bonus units, so I'll have more potential variation in the arena as well.

1 minute ago, Makilio said:

Yea, I'm aware of the enemy AI's habits. I'm not too concerned about the slight differences, seeing as I substitute some units anyways. I'm more concerned with just pushing through the quests without having to train a unit beforehand. Plus, the free units are also rotating bonus units, so I'll have more potential variation in the arena as well.

Right, I forgot they do that. I've been lucky enough to have a unit I got to 5* or I pulled 5* or whatever be a bonus unit, so I haven't had to make many switches. I got lucky this time around, but I don't know how lucky I'll be in 2 weeks when the bonus character's switch out.

7 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

Man, I've been getting absolute crap with the summoning lately. RNGsus freaking hates me in this game lol

That's what happens with these games. I've had fairly consistent luck throughout, but the last 3 summons I've had have been all complete crap, mostly 3* dupes, with the occasional 4*. Only thing "New" I got was a 4* Gunter where I had a 3* previously. Hoping my luck will turn around and I at least get something soon.

1 minute ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

That's what happens with these games. I've had fairly consistent luck throughout, but the last 3 summons I've had have been all complete crap, mostly 3* dupes, with the occasional 4*. Only thing "New" I got was a 4* Gunter where I had a 3* previously. Hoping my luck will turn around and I at least get something soon.

If I never see Tiki's face ever again, it would be too soon lmao