Codemasters announces Micro Machines World Series, coming June 2017

They’re Micro. They’re Machines. And they’re BACK! We’re delighted to announce that legendary gaming franchise Micro Machines will be racing onto PCs and consoles this coming April! The new title, Micro Machines World Series, will be racing into stores this Spring – bringing massive amounts of miniature multiplayer mayhem to PlayStation® 4, Xbox One and Windows.

Micro Machines World Series will retain the manic social game play of the classic series, but will bring a new dimension to the experience with stunning HD visuals – taking you to the much-loved household environments as they’ve never been seen before.

As well as bringing to you the classic game modes like Race and Elimination, Micro Machines World Series will introduce a new style of game play to the series: Battle Mode. The all-new Battle Arenas will allow you to wreak mass destruction on a miniature scale against your friends or the AI. Meanwhile, Team Play lets you work together using your vehicles’ unique skills with modes such as ‘King of the Hill’ or ‘Capture the Flag’!

The game’s been designed around fun and frantic play at every turn, meaning there will never be a dull moment on the racetrack or in the arena. Micro Machines World Series is the ultimate pick-up-and-play experience for players of all ages and abilities, offering intuitive, easy-to-learn controls that make the controller impossible to put down.

Codemasters’ VP Publishing, Jonathan Bunney commented: “The original Micro Machines was a breakthrough multiplayer racing game and remains much loved in the gaming community. We saw great success last year with our free-to-play mobile game, but this brand new console title takes the franchise to its greatest levels of multiplayer mayhem and enables you to play with your friends on the same sofa or across the world.”

Bunney continued: “With the support of Hasbro and being able to feature some of their biggest brands, such as HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPOS, G.I. JOE, OUIJA and NERF, this represents the very best of social gaming.” He also added that the game brings an “incredibly fun experience” to PCs and consoles, offering a breath of fresh air from the more serious multiplayer alternatives.

Releasing in April 2017, Micro Machines World Series will support up to 12 players online and four players on the same screen, across a variety of racing and battling environments. Each of the 12 vehicles has its own unique load-out of weapons and abilities and the game will launch with a massive range of customisation options.

Source: http://www.codemasters.com/micro-machines-world-series-coming-spring-2017/

I'm quite surprised. I heard good things about Toybox Turbos (?) and I hope this Micro Machines will be a good one. Sadly the trailer doesn't show any ingame material. :/

• Like 1

Pffftb. A shameless rip off of Table Top Racing: World Tour if you ask me. 

Spoiler

;)

On Topic: I'd like to wait and see how you play it. If it's the old school, top down view only, then I might pass. I was never any good ad bending my brain around that perspective. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

9 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

My exact thoughts. To be honest I know it's a rip off but I would still love to play it but only it's not a top view like you mentioned. I enjoyed Blazerush and TTR so this should be good.....hopefully

8 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

My exact thoughts. To be honest I know it's a rip off but I would still love to play it but only it's not a top view like you mentioned. I enjoyed Blazerush and TTR so this should be good.....hopefully

You know I was joking right? TTR was a rip off of Micro Machines, which has been around as a franchise for decades!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Reveal hidden contents

;)

On Topic: I'd like to wait and see how you play it. If it's the old school, top down view only, then I might pass. I was never any good ad bending my brain around that perspective. 

It's no Micro Machines if it doesn't feature this top down perspective. TBH I like that perspective the most when it comes to all those RC-based racing games like Micro Machines, R.C. Pro-Am, or Motorstorm RC. It just fits the setting better, IMO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

You know I was joking right? TTR was a rip off of Micro Machines, which has been around as a franchise for decades!

Yes I know. :giggle:  

Off the topic: I see you playing Riptide GP2 which is an easy plat but I'm busy with Riptide Renegade and it's totally different bullshit A.I rubberbanding game. Unless you a master at those sorts of games. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Are they gonna involve this guy at all, because that would kick up the nostalgia factor of Micro Machines for me.

Hope so. And hopefully they will bring the toys back.

Now we just have to bring M.U.S.C.L.E. back and my childhood part two will be complete.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

It's no Micro Machines if it doesn't feature this top down perspective. TBH I like that perspective the most when it comes to all those RC-based racing games like Micro Machines, R.C. Pro-Am, or Motorstorm RC. It just fits the setting better, IMO.

Ideally, it'd have options for both, because I love the premise of racing toys around everyday objects. I get where you're coming from, I was just saying I prefer the traditional, behind the car, racing perspective. 

19 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

I see you playing Riptide GP2 which is an easy plat but I'm busy with Riptide Renegade and it's totally different

Yes, I went with Riptide GP2 and deliberately avoided the bundle and Renegade because of the harder trophies and higher cost. I'm not the best at racers, but like to noodle around with them from time to time, just wanted an easier, relaxing plat.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Holy shit. Thanks for this. I used to play the crap outta this game on my gameboy when i was a kid. And i still thought about this game now and then but i could never find it as i didn't remember the name. 

Can't wait to see how this game turns out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A new trailer for the game shows the battle mode and like it seems the game will use a similar artstyle to Toybox Turbos (which is also by Codemasters)

Spoiler

It also seems like the game will be released on June 23rd as the pre-order on the european PSN now lists that as a release date:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/cid=EP4001-CUSA07400_00-MMCEMASTER000100

The official Facebook-page also mentions June 2017 as release month.

• 2 months later...

Here it is, Guys.

No Single Player Championship, 10 Tracks and 12 Cars :o uwou :)

I thought that Toybox Turbos was "Short" already, but this is even shorter. Great shit you've done, guys. People really wanted to play some "chaotic" shit online -_- and custom cars... like LBP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Here it is, Guys.

No Single Player Championship, 10 Tracks and 12 Cars :o uwou :)

I thought that Toybox Turbos was "Short" already, but this is even shorter. Great shit you've done, guys. People really wanted to play some "chaotic" shit online -_- and custom cars... like LBP.

Well shit. I'm glad that I canceled my preorder then. Don't remember how many different tracks Toybox Turbos had (8 or so?) but at least it had some sort of career.

Thanks for the info.

@dizzyshadow You might want to know this, too,

10 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Well shit. I'm glad that I canceled my preorder then. Don't remember how many different tracks Toybox Turbos had (8 or so?) but at least it had some sort of career.

Thanks for the info.

It had more. I dont know how many, but it had more.

Check Eurogamer.com review. Its a solid one and it details the game itself better than I'm saying (it also says how many tracks and cars TT has).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

It had more. I dont know how many, but it had more.

Check Eurogamer.com review. Its a solid one and it details the game itself better than I'm saying (it also says how many tracks and cars TT has).

Thanks for mentioning that review. I read through it and I was kinda surprised to read that Toybox Turbos has 18 tracks (didn't feel like that much actually). And overall it sounds like this Micro Machines won't be a game I would have fun with.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the heads up, give me a dilemma now, do i keep it and try it or do i return it, my poor internet speed kind of limits the amount of online gaming i can do so not sure how much i will get out of this.