Super Bomberman R, Switch launch game

Oobedoob S Benubi

13 minutes ago, hugglebunn-e said:

More games, better prices, better account infrastructure and again more games.

And for physical I was thinking something along the lines of the Ultimate Genesis Collection 30+ games for around thirty bucks.

Yeah those prices could do with a cut. Personally I was hoping for something along the lines of 50% off the first month.

They promised to improve the account infrastructure, so let's hope... And let's hope for more games.

Thirty SNES titles for €30 will sadly never happen either, though the NES might just be possible. What I wouldn't give for a Rare Replay on the Switch with all Nintendo copyright games added...

14 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

That is what happens with launch games though. Companies know there aren't too many titles released so they can up their price because customers will probably buy it because there isn't anything else to buy.

Then when more games start coming out they can lower their price so customers will see it as the "more affordable" title and purchase it over the newer games.

I know, but in my opinion that's still no reason to actually pay that amount of money.

I also don't see it as a problem that a new console doesn't have a lot of games on day 1 because everybody I know personally has a huge backlog of games on different systems and nobody replaces all of their systems as soon as a new one comes out. Instead it gets added to the others.

4 hours ago, soniq said:

I know, but in my opinion that's still no reason to actually pay that amount of money.

I also don't see it as a problem that a new console doesn't have a lot of games on day 1 because everybody I know personally has a huge backlog of games on different systems and nobody replaces all of their systems as soon as a new one comes out. Instead it gets added to the others.

The launch roster is still expanding though, just today three digital games were announced to get a Switch version, all should be €10, or possibly even less.

Personally I also think that €50 is overpriced for Super Bomberman R, unless there's a lot of content being kept secret for now. A story mode of 50 stages and a multiplayer mode are not worth that much in my opinion unless those 50 stages are a lot bigger than they usually are in Bomberman games.

10 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Bomberman! Is likely my most memorable mutliplayer experience. Look, I don't care if it's full price or not, this game will probably pay me back multiple times.

If you're buying it before I do (which seems likely) I'd be very glad if you'd let me know what you think of it.

19 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

The launch roster is still expanding though, just today three digital games were announced to get a Switch version, all should be €10, or possibly even less.

Yeah, I heard about World of Goo. It's a good game and I really enjoyed playing it around 10 years ago. But it's nothing I can get excited for as a launch game.

Same goes for the other ones. It's hard for me to get excited over launch games that have been on other systems before.

But it's not just the Switch and I don't want to seem to down on Nintendo. I still compare every new console launch to the first time I saw a Mega Drive running Streets of Rage and Sonic or a Super Nintendo with Super Mario World and F-Zero. I couldn't believe the graphics back then and the only system that managed to repeat that, for me, was the first Playstation with Ridge Racer, Wipeout and Battlearena Tohshinden.

6 hours ago, soniq said:

Actually what you described is the minority not the majority.

I worked for Blockbuster for 9 years, Playstation for 3 and EB Games for 1 and more often than not people will come in and trade all their old stuff to buy the new system and then will buy 1 or 2 new games with the system. So if you are buying a couple of games with a system and their is Zelda and Bomberman...you will probably buy those 2 games, thus the higher price.

I remember people buying Shrek on the 360 because there was nothing else for them to buy. So they were paying 60$ for Shrek just so they would have something to justify buying a console at launch.

8 hours ago, soniq said:

Yeah, I heard about World of Goo. It's a good game and I really enjoyed playing it around 10 years ago. But it's nothing I can get excited for as a launch game.

Same goes for the other ones. It's hard for me to get excited over launch games that have been on other systems before.

But it's not just the Switch and I don't want to seem to down on Nintendo. I still compare every new console launch to the first time I saw a Mega Drive running Streets of Rage and Sonic or a Super Nintendo with Super Mario World and F-Zero. I couldn't believe the graphics back then and the only system that managed to repeat that, for me, was the first Playstation with Ridge Racer, Wipeout and Battlearena Tohshinden.

I can still be excited about World Of Goo, just like I can get excited about getting my hands on some N64 games again and just like I can still get excited about SNES games - I played through A Link To The Past on my SNES last weekend, and I thought it was still amazing! I also downloaded Super Star Wars on the PS4 the day it became available and played through it three or four times in two days.

Just like I keep rewatching series and movies I love, I keep replaying games I love - the age of achievements and trophies lessened this to a great extent, which saddens me and which I try to counter these days, hence my Golden Oldies events.

My first console was the SNES and I still think it is the best console ever but the one console that had me amazeballs in awe was the N64. I got it used along with Super Mario 64, Star Wars Racer and Ocarina Of Time and all three games were so amazing... Especially Ocarina because I had never been into such games and I knew what to expect with Mario and Racer because I had read reviews and seen pictures/trailers. With Ocarina, I was completely blindsided...

These days, every console launch has me waiting for my games. I got the Game Cube when I was done with the N64 and there were enough games out. I got the Wii when I was done with the Game Cube and there were enough games out. I got the X360 when I wanted to play GTA IV and other "real" games next to the Nintendo exclusives with lesser graphics. I got the PS4 when I was sick of the X360, its achievements and my backlog and Assassin's Creed Unity was announced as being new gen only. Now with the Switch is the very first time I actually feel like getting a console right when it's released.

8 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I can still be excited about World Of Goo, just like I can get excited about getting my hands on some N64 games again and just like I can still get excited about SNES games - I played through A Link To The Past on my SNES last weekend, and I thought it was still amazing! I also downloaded Super Star Wars on the PS4 the day it became available and played through it three or four times in two days.

Just like I keep rewatching series and movies I love, I keep replaying games I love - the age of achievements and trophies lessened this to a great extent, which saddens me and which I try to counter these days, hence my Golden Oldies events.

I envy you because I just don't have the time. There are so many new games coming out that I want to play while I still have over 100 games left on my Sony backlog alone. Same with shows. Once every couple of years I play through Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World, but that's it.

14 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Actually what you described is the minority not the majority.

I can only describe my circle of friends, really. I don't know enough about what the minority or majority think, and I also don't really care enough about that aspect (or the business side in general) of videogames. :)

Maybe the majority will just buy whatever games they can get. Good for Nintendo. Otherwise nobody would buy 1 2 Switch at that price. At least I hope so.

10 minutes ago, soniq said:

I envy you because I just don't have the time. There are so many new games coming out that I want to play while I still have over 100 games left on my Sony backlog alone. Same with shows. Once every couple of years I play through Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World, but that's it.

I can only describe my circle of friends, really. I don't know enough about what the minority or majority think, and I also don't really care enough about that aspect (or the business side in general) of videogames. :)

Maybe the majority will just buy whatever games they can get. Good for Nintendo. Otherwise nobody would buy 1 2 Switch at that price. At least I hope so.

I'm making time... There's a lot of current stuff I miss just because I feel like playing/watching old stuff. In the game department, Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 are still in my backlog, and in the series department I just started watching The Next Generation on Netflix, which I watched some episodes of back in the day but never got around to fully watching. I have also missed stuff like the Dragon Age games, Ratchet and Clank (until the last one) and Zelda Skyward Sword, while I still haven't seen The Sopranos, Breaking Bad or Penny Dreadful. On the other hand, I've played through Assassin's Creed II/Brotherhood/Revelations three times now, I've played Portal 2 at least five times, and I can't even count how many times I've played Super Mario World now. I've also watched through all of Community, Archer and Arrested Development several times, and I've lost count as to how often I've watched the Star Wars and Muppet films (except for Rogue One, which I've seen four times).

And agreed, paying a lot of money for a bad or less interesting game at launch just so you have something to play is a stupid thing to do. If there's nothing that tickles your fancy, then just don't buy the console right away. I know I'm not buying 1 2 Switch, unless the reviews are good AND it goes for €10 or so.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched some co-op gameplay footage and I might get this game. Or not. Really, it depends on how much credit I'll have next week - I'm selling some games and systems so I have enough money for the Switch (Wii and Vita are gone now, I'd never use them after getting the Switch), and so far it's going pretty well. Fractured Butthole has been delayed but I had paid that one off entirely, might just switch that money over and then I'm there already.

Saw a gameplay video for Super Bomberman R so now I'm thinking, should I get this game as well?

So after finding out that the switch is $476 here in oz, I am most certainly not buying it until I'm in Japan next :( That will be 3rd quarter 2017. $476 is basically insane and I can't see this being a magnet for any casual gamers. With that said, when I do get the switch it would have 6 months behind it so that's good. Bomberman will be on the list no matter what.

31 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

So after finding out that the switch is $476 here in oz, I am most certainly not buying it until I'm in Japan next :( That will be 3rd quarter 2017. $476 is basically insane and I can't see this being a magnet for any casual gamers. With that said, when I do get the switch it would have 6 months behind it so that's good. Bomberman will be on the list no matter what.

I think that's more a post for this topic:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/42168-nx-aka-nintendo-switch-revealed-3rd-party-support-revealed-backed-by-nvidia/

It's like you added that last line just to be on topic here xD

Anyway yeah new consoles are expensive, I got some anxiety when I realised how much I would have to pay. Count with me... Switch, Zelda, pack of two extra Joycons, Pro controller, glass screen protector, messenger bag, charging grip. So, I decided to sell some of my older games and systems (Wii and Vita since I wouldn't be using them any more anyway). Couple of weeks later, and I've paid off almost everything if we count in the money I'm taking from my Fractured Butthole pre-order because it's been delayed (paid that one off in full as well as Horizon Zero Dawn when I brought back my PSVR with defect).

Oh right, it does seem like that because I am looking forward to Bomberman. Whichever comes first, price drop or me in Japan will be the decider. Whichever way I look at it the Bomberman series is like the rock that held me and my friends together when there was nothing else to do, well bomberman and beer with a multitap and the snes, or the 10 player version on the Saturn. I had a reunion recently with the same friends and basically everyone screamed out BOMBERMAN in public after a few pints of cider. Out of all the controllers I had one 3rd party piece of crap and the last person to arrive always ended up with that which lead to "it's the controller" as the excuse. I bought my sister a bomberman shirt in honk kong in the late 90's, I have a plastic bomberman that shoots marbles in front of my tv, I feel I'm a big enough fan to mention the price of this unit here in oz is a big let down in a bomberman thread, the only other game apart from zelda that I'd buy on release.

6 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Oh right, it does seem like that because I am looking forward to Bomberman. Whichever comes first, price drop or me in Japan will be the decider. Whichever way I look at it the Bomberman series is like the rock that held me and my friends together when there was nothing else to do, well bomberman and beer with a multitap and the snes, or the 10 player version on the Saturn. I had a reunion recently with the same friends and basically everyone screamed out BOMBERMAN in public after a few pints of cider. Out of all the controllers I had one 3rd party piece of crap and the last person to arrive always ended up with that which lead to "it's the controller" as the excuse. I bought my sister a bomberman shirt in honk kong in the late 90's, I have a plastic bomberman that shoots marbles in front of my tv, I feel I'm a big enough fan to mention the price of this unit here in oz is a big let down in a bomberman thread, the only other game apart from zelda that I'd buy on release.

Don't worry about it ;)

Yeah seems like you're a casual Bomberman fan in the sense that I am a casual Star Wars fan... here's hoping the new game will be awesome.

For anyone that's interested, we should get an online battle league together or something similar. Of course that's when we have enough players together with a system ;) I think SNES had 5 Bombermans from what I remember, nothing is more fun than teaming up and auto trapping 1 player, fun in terms of starting a fight.

10 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

For anyone that's interested, we should get an online battle league together or something similar. Of course that's when we have enough players together with a system ;) I think SNES had 5 Bombermans from what I remember, nothing is more fun than teaming up and auto trapping 1 player, fun in terms of starting a fight.

If I end up getting the game (which will certainly happen at some point down the line, if not right away), count me in.

I think you could create a Let's Play thread for this in the contest/play/event forum.