Searching for the Ultimate DIVA - 39 Dreaming Utahime (Contest for Project DIVA: Future Tone)

So, i've been contemplating doing this for a very long time, ever since the release date of this game for various reasons. I'm still shy, that's ridiculous, but i can't find out without trying.

Welcome! Yes, you didn't read the title wrong, i'm finally doing a contest for this series. Least i can do to show how much i love it and my appreciation to this community. Without any more delays, please enjoy reading!

FU3wsDF.jpg

So, how did this contest/event idea come to your mind?

Basically, i've wanted to do a(n) contest/event for a Project DIVA game for a while, and when i heard that Future Tone is coming to the west; that was it. I thought i'm going to man up and do something nice to everyone who wishes to enter this contest.

What is this contest/event about again?

Ultimate DIVA Hunt is a contest to show off your skills at this rhythm game series, and what better time to do so with a game with the hugest library of songs from all of the series thus far?

The contest has three sections, every member is allowed to enter each one of them, but be careful; You can only earn the prize from one section you dedicate as a "main" and can participant in the others for fun, but with that being said, you will still be rewarded for your effort no matter how much you think you aren't good at this game! That is my motivation to everyone to pick up this game, practice and become like those God-like players that perfect insane songs! Or, y'know, just to have fun and perhaps win prizes.

Details

As mentioned above, there are three sections to this contest: Tomorrow's Idol, Clockwork DIVA, and Tomodachi no Change Each section offers a different kind of participation order. Further details about the sections will be included below.

In each section of this contest, participants will need to collect points and raise their rank position, rank positions are basically "1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th" and anyone below these rank positions will be under Rookie DIVA or Shy Idol. Certain rank holders in each section will be able to win various PSN cash prizes in each round (We will decide on which region depending on how generous i'm xD),

Contest Sections

The three sections to this contest are:

Round 2 Ends in:

tur_1493557200.png

Tomorrow's Idol

Details: Get a certain rank or perfect the round's songs on HARD

Prizes: $10 each for the 1st and 2nd rank holders

Round 2 Songs:

Spoiler

Get a Perfect on:
5*: Holy Star -2010 DIVA Mix-, NekoMimi Switch, Finder (DSLR remix - re:edit), Idol Radio (Game Edit), Stay with me, RinRin Signal -Append Mix-.

5.5*: moon, Decorator, Hanami Tsukuyoki Tan, Melancholic.

6*: Cat Food, Dance of Many, Interviewer, Kimi Ni, Pinky Swear, Solitude's End -extended edition-, To the End of Infinity, Yumeyume.

6.5*: Electrosaturator, Dream-Eating Monochrome Baku,  Two Breaths Walking, Travel to The Other Side of The Moon, The Snow White Princess is...

Get an Excellent on:
6.5*: Close and Open, Demons and the Dead, Rin-chan Now!, Akatsuki Arrival, Butterfly On Your Right Shoulder -39's Giving Day Edition-, What Do You Mean?!, Systematic Love,

7*: Soiyassa!!, Kipple Industry, Inc., Knife, Doubleganger, Iya Iya Seijin, Two-Sided Lovers.

Get a Great on:

7*: The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku

7.5*: Black Gold, Blackjack, Colorful X Sexy, Envy Cat Walk.
8*: Negaposi*Continues, The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku.

Get a Standard on:

8*:Denparadigm.

Points: +1 Point for each song you clear with the certain rank required, +2 for a perfect on that song instead.

Current participants and ranks:

Spoiler

Shy idols (0 points): Xionx, YaoiGod, Danny_Johansen, Wdog-999, FallenElysion, jasondm300, slash, Zanreo, Myu, DesuDesuNya.

Clockwork DIVA

Details: Get a certain rank or perfect the round's songs on EXTREME and/or EX EXTREME

Prizes: $20 for the 1st rank holder, $10 for the 2nd rank holder

Round 2 Songs:

Spoiler

[EXTREME]

Get a Perfect on:
6*: Innocence
7*: Hato (White Dove), Change Me, Kokoro, Sekiranun Graffiti, Deep Sea Girl, Here Comes Karakasa-san, Palette, Double Lariat, 1/6 -out of the gravity-, Deep City Underground

7.5*: Dear, Nostalogic, Love-Hate, The Two of Us - Futaride, Strobe Nights.

8*: Travel to The Other Side of The Moon.

[DLC, does not give any point]: Kimi no Taion, shake it!, Adolescence.

Get an Excellent on:
7.5*: Gemini, Onee-Sided Love Samba, Pink Moon.

8*:Love is War, Stardust Utopia,  melody..., Meiteki Cybernetics, VOiCE -DIVA MIX-, Luka Luka Night Fever, Leia, Lover's Suicide Oblivion, Ashes to Ashes, Glasses, High School Days -DIVA Edit-, Just Be Friends, Paris Cinema Girl, Remote Control, Roshin Yukai, So Much Loving You ☆ -DIVA Edit-, Sweet Magic.

8.5*: DYE, Jugemu Sequencer.

Get a Great on:

8.5*: slump, Break it, Break it!, Equation+**, Hm? Ah, Yes, Snowman, Pane dhiria

9*: This is The Happiness And Peace of Mind Committee, Secret Police.

Get a Standard on:
9*: Iroha Uta, Sweet Devil, Unhappy Refrain.

9.5*: Iya Iya Seijin.

[EX EXTREME]

Get a Perfect on:

7.5*: Change Me, Innocence, Dear.

8*: Deep Sea Girl, Double Lariat, Palette, Strobe Nights.

8.5*: White Dove, Deep City Underground

[DLC, does not give any points]: Sekiranun Graffiti, Kokoro

Get an Excellent on:

7.5*: Roshin Yukai

8*: Pink Moon, Just Be Friends, High School Days -DIVA Edit-.

Get a Great on:

8.5*: VOiCE -DIVA MIX-, Love is War, Stardust Utopia, 8.5*: White Dove, Deep City Underground.

9*: Meiteki Cybernetics, Pane dhiria.

Get a Standard on:

9.5*: One-Sided Love Samba.

[DLC, does not give any points]: Iroha Uta.

Points: +2 for each song you clear with the certain rank, +3 for a perfect on that song instead, +4 points for clearing the same song on EX EXTREME with the same or higher rank

Spoiler

Shy Idols (0 points): YaoiGod, Danny_Johansen, Wdog-999, FallenElysion, slash, Myu, DesuDesuNya.

Tomodachi no Change

Details: Get the highest total score and/or combo count at the end of each Survival course given.

Prizes: Able to nominate half of the songs that will be in any or all sections.

Round 2's Survival Courses: 6.5* & 7* Master Course

Rank Position: Instead of points, you will be given a rank depending on how well you do on the survival course (Total points + Combo Count at the end).

Spoiler

Shy Idols (0 points): YaoiGod, Danny_Johansen, Wdog-999, FallenElysion, Myu, DesuDesuNya.

Rules

• A round will end exactly two months after it starts. Contestants are able to post the results they got before the deadline (For this round: 30th April is the last chance to post entries).
  • You can enter a section in this contest at anytime, even while a round is going. However, the last chance to enter a round is 2 weeks before the end of a round (For this round: 16th April is the last chance to enter any section).
  • All of your shown trophies on your profile must be legitimately earned. No cheaters, not that it matters when it comes to this game's skill showing but just in case :giggle:.
  • You can join all three sections, but you will only earn the prize from the one you mention specifically when you enter. You will enter the others just for fun.
  • Songs from both Colorful Tone and Future Sound will be featured in all three first sections. You can still enter the first two sections if you only own one bundle, but you will not be able to earn points from the songs that are in the round that are from the bundle that you don't own. You will also not be able to join the Survival course section because it requires the purchase of both bundles.
  • Each next round will start a day after the previous one ends and will end in the same manner and so on.
  • Ah yes, i will be included in this contest! No, obviously i will not earn prizes or anything and if i do hold one of the prize-related rank positions, i will give it to the rank holder below me. Just want to test my skills along with you folks.
  • The prizes listed are for each round, not for the entire event. That is right, each round you will have a chance to win those prizes or win them again if you keep the good work up.
  • Do not worry, the first round will start light and easy with a selection of easy and medium difficulty songs and will increase in difficulty in each round. Think of it like an escalation battle or something.
  • Be nice to everyone who participates here, they are technically your Rhythm friends.
  • In the survival courses, you will have to take on all songs in that course in one go, your Result screens images will tell on you if you do otherwise.
  • Once you post your round's progression, you can update it at anytime until the round reaches its due time. So, try as many times as you want and post your progress as fast or slow as you want, no one's stopping you as your score will be updated according to your progress.
  • Japanese version holders will be able to participate as well. I mean, why not...?
  • To access the Survival Courses: On the song selection screen, hold the L2+R2 shoulder buttons. You can only do this if you have both bundles, like the hairstyle customization.
  • You cannot change which section to make your main (aka claim your prize from) while the round is still going on. That's cheating, bad you. There will be a day in-between when a round ends and the next one starts, please claim your change during this very day and that day only.
  • In case of a tie at the end of any round, an extra song will be given to the tied participants to decide who wins. If that extra song also ends up in a tie, your scores throughout the round will be the tie breaker.

How to Join

Please write a 39-page essay on why should you enter this contest. Sorry, that was a bad joke :facepalm: Just post below saying which sections of the contest you would like to enter and please specify which one is your main (the one where you are eligible to claim the prize from if you do end up in a prize-related rank position) if you are entering more than one.

Last Thing, Pinky Promise (HA, sorry not sorry)

After the rounds start and you wish to post your progress on here, please post below an image of the rank you obtained on the section's song(s) when you arrive at the Results Screen (image below) and the points will be added to your score accordingly.

maxresdefault.jpg

For the Survival Course rounds, you will have to post your results one at a time exactly like this for each song:

Hatsune-Miku-Future-Tone-survival-mode-2.jpg

I'm so sorry for the long read (well, that is if you DID read) and i thank you for taking the time to read this dumb topic. Please, let's have fun in this event before anything else.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 4

jiii~

I will join if the songs will only be between Weekender Girl and/or 1/6 out of gravity :awesome: (I am too broke atm to even purchase either of the DLCs)

anyway... good luck to participants. and I will just randomly mention @slash

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JaM said:

jiii~

I will join if the songs will only be between Weekender Girl and/or 1/6 out of gravity :awesome: (I am too broke atm to even purchase either of the DLCs)

anyway... good luck to participants. and I will just randomly mention @slash

Try again whenever you buy either or both, the event will always be open to see you suffer join :awesome:

Also thanks for tagging Slash, wouldn't want him to miss this!

3 minutes ago, HDstay_WINNING said:

Sounds like fun but I only have the JPN version.

You can join, as stated in the rules ^_^

• Japanese version holders will be able to participate as well. I mean, why not...?

Edited by YaoiGod

7 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Well, since the only Project DIVA I have is the first one on the Vita, I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Good luck to everyone who's up to this. :D

It's even better! I heard the F songs are in X too, but way harder! :D We totally could cheat on this! Or, no, even better... there is no rule saying F isn't allowed, or, that you need to play X or its DLCs. There is just one random banner... :P  

But I can only Tengaku and Ashes To Ashes on extreme perfectly anyway.. :( *steps aside*

Edited by Neputyunu

8 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

It's even better! I heard the F songs are in X too, but way harder! :D We totally could cheat on this! Or, no, even better... there is no rule saying F isn't allowed, or, that you need to play X or its DLCs. There is just one random banner... :P  

But I only can play Tengaku and Ashes To Ashes on extreme perfectly anyway... :( *steps aside* 

Well, I guess it isn't that different for me, except that I can also play Remote Control perfectly on Extreme, but the problem is that it's Future Tone and not X. Future Tone doesn't even have a Vita release and I'm too poor for a PS4. <_<

I just wish Project Diva F had more songs that I liked, I ended up replaying 3 or 4 songs hundreds of times to grind for the plat...

That's what I love about Osu!. It's a rhythm game with pretty much infinite songs to play since they are mapped out by other players. 

I guess this doesn't qualify in the least though, as it's quite different to the Project Diva games despite being a rhythm game.

Edited by xFalionx

1 minute ago, xFalionx said:

Well, I guess it isn't that different for me, except that I can also play Remote Control on Perfect, but the problem is that it's Future Tone and not X. Future Tone doesn't even have a Vita release and I'm too poor for a PS4. <_<

True... I mixed it up with Future Sound... which is a DLC for Future Tone anyway, but, uhm, yeah... hahaha... Well, lets better leave that topic then, before we get a warning point for "de-railing"...

• Like 1

I'm really sorry guys, i truly cannot include F and F 2nd in their own section in this event, all of the songs except like, 1 or 2 are in the Future Sound DLC so i don't think it's fair, or that i can afford to put up prizes for another section. However, i can contemplate merging X with the Clockwork DIVA section ("hard" in that game is like a normal in past games, but extreme is a fair deal). Other than that i truly cannot afford to have another section...yet. But if people truly wish to join but can't just for that, i will see what i can do with F and F 2nd, i'm not one to turn anyone down when it comes to Project DIVA.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, YaoiGod said:

I'm really sorry guys, i truly cannot include F and F 2nd in their own section in this event, all of the songs except like, 1 or 2 are in the Future Sound DLC so i don't think it's fair, or that i can afford to put up prizes for another section. However, i can contemplate merging X with the Clockwork DIVA section ("hard" in that game is like a normal in past games, but extreme is a fair deal). Other than that i truly cannot afford to have another section...yet. But if people truly wish to join but can't just for that, i will see what i can do with F and F 2nd, i'm not one to turn anyone down when it comes to Project DIVA.

Yeah, I can truly understand that, having three sections with prices is already a big deal. I wouldn't want to hurt the fun of others with a limited song selection either.

I'll make sure to check back on this thread every now and again in case the event gets a larger scope eventually but I guess that's it for now. I'd love to join but I couldn't even afford X with the 15€ I had to spend since last September. :P 

Anyways, I like Project DIVA and I love rhythm games in general, so I'd be sure to join given an opportunity in the future.

• Like 1

@YaoiGod So with ranks you mean the % ? so goal is Song like Remote control  on over 70%  for 1 point and perfect for 2points?    And second question , do you choose 1 song every montth (round) or more frequently? sorry if im little bit confused rn.

Or do you choose ie. 20 songs for round 1 and who can reach most points get the highes rank ? 

I want participate in Tomorrow´s Idol , because i cant beat extreme and most hard until excellent (not even a hard perfect rn :(  ) .  I dont think i can win anything but i want to participate to have fun and get better.

11 hours ago, Xionx said:

@YaoiGod So with ranks you mean the % ? so goal is Song like Remote control  on over 70%  for 1 point and perfect for 2points?    And second question , do you choose 1 song every montth (round) or more frequently? sorry if im little bit confused rn.

Or do you choose ie. 20 songs for round 1 and who can reach most points get the highes rank ? 

I want participate in Tomorrow´s Idol , because i cant beat extreme and most hard until excellent (not even a hard perfect rn :(  ) .  I dont think i can win anything but i want to participate to have fun and get better.

Your first point is correct, ranks (standard, great, excellent and perfect) are obtained by raising your percent through the song.

For your second question, more than 1 song, about 10-25 different songs per section and 1 survival course every round.

I like your spirits Xionx. You can join the other sections anytime you want in any round, i will be cheering you on!

11 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Sign me up for all 3 contests. The content will only check for perfect, right? So holding notes and the bonus you get from getting all Cool won't give me more points? I have a feeling someone ends up joining this with all perfect on hard.

When does this starts and end?

You got it Danny. Mind telling me which section you wish to acquire the prize from if you end up winning?

That is correct, since there is no definite way to get a perfect while maximizing your score, we will not focus on the score itself. However Survival Course does count on your total score and combo count at the end.

Please do not worry, i guarantee that no such person will win if so, as you have to get the perfects when this contest begin, not before it.

The first round starts as soon as enough people (4 including myself) join and will end exactly a month afterwards. Next rounds will start a day after the previous round ends.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, YaoiGod said:

Your first point is correct, ranks (standard, great, excellent and perfect) are obtained by raising your percent through the song.

For your second question, more than 1 song, about 10-25 different songs per section and 1 survival course every round.

I like your spirits Xionx. You can join the other sections anytime you want in any round, i will be cheering you on!

Ok awesome . I played half of the songs on hard and not a single perfect yet , 2-3 very close one but most of them are standard or great rank. So i guess i perfectly fit into the "hard" section.

Maybe i join into extreme section for fun later.  But at the moment i cant even beat a song on extreme , drop out or fail after very short time. Most of the time i cant read the pattern fast enough , but i guess its practice aswell .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Myu said:

I really need to buy a PS4 soon -_-

Don't despair please! I'm thinking of a way to merge F, F 2nd and X into here as well so you don't have to buy a PS4 yet xD

8 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Ok awesome . I played half of the songs on hard and not a single perfect yet , 2-3 very close one but most of them are standard or great rank. So i guess i perfectly fit into the "hard" section.

Maybe i join into extreme section for fun later.  But at the moment i cant even beat a song on extreme , drop out or fail after very short time. Most of the time i cant read the pattern fast enough , but i guess its practice aswell .

Don't worry, practice as much as you want for now and during the rounds, you can post the first rank you obtained on the round's songs and keep updating it each time you do better, it's of no problem to me. And sure! You can join the later sections anytime you want.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Tomorrow's Idol will do.

How do you play the survival courses? I know the game had them but I never found how to play them.

You got it.

On the song selection screen, hold the L2+R2 shoulder buttons. About 8 courses will appear. You can only do this if you have both bundles, like the hairstyle customization. I should include this in the rules as i didn't know this at first too xD

• Like 1

I'll join Tommorow's Idol. I'm pretty good on Hard in this game, but Extreme is fucking annoying with all the combos.

Also, due to note combos being prevalent in gameplay in FT and proper hold notes and double notes not existing in FT, I don't believe that it would be fair to merge this with any of the other games as the note charts are fairly different, particularly in regards to Extreme.

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wdog-999 said:

I'll join Tommorow's Idol. I'm pretty good on Hard in this game, but Extreme is fucking annoying with all the combos.

Also, due to note combos being prevalent in gameplay in FT and proper hold notes and double notes not existing in FT, I don't believe that it would be fair to merge this with any of the other games as the note charts are fairly different, particularly in regards to Extreme.

Walt the Dog has a very strong point. Though i came up with a fair idea;

I will make a fourth section dedicated to F, F 2nd, X and Mirai DX all together called ChiriDuster. In this section, 5 to 6 songs from each title will be picked and you have to get a certain rank or a complete perfect on each one on EXTREME (Hard or SuperHard in Mirai DX). However, you can only pick a max of two titles (meaning, max of 10-12 songs each round) when you join and will not able to change titles until the round is complete and the next round did not start yet. There will be a prize of $10 for the 1st rank holder, the $10 prize for the 2nd rank holder in Tomorrow's Idol will be deleted unfortunately and the prize for the 1st rank holder in Tomodachi no Change will not be a cash prize, but will not be useless either. I'm sorry but the max i can spend per month is $50, it's kind of pathetic since this is supposed to be a contest/event for you guys to show how much i appreciate you.

What does everyone think of this? The priority is given to Future Tone obviously, and this new section will not have an effect on Future Tone's at all except one of the prizes deduction, but i think that's a good motivation to join Clockwork DIVA, i will only add this section if not many people refuse it. Two new rules have been added (and one of them will be updated if ChiriDuster is approved of).

Also surprisingly in a pleasant way, Tomorrow's Idol now has 4 participants in total. The first 10-25 songs of that section will be revealed once the other sections have at least 4 members each as well, or if not enough people join soon, they will be revealed soon.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, YaoiGod said:

Walt the Dog has a very strong point. Though i came up with a fair idea;

I will make a fourth section dedicated to F, F 2nd, X and Mirai DX all together called ChiriDuster. In this section, 5 to 6 songs from each title will be picked and you have to get a certain rank or a complete perfect on each one on EXTREME (Hard or SuperHard in Mirai DX). However, you can only pick a max of two titles (meaning, max of 10-12 songs each round) when you join and will not able to change titles until the round is complete and the next round did not start yet. There will be a prize of $10 for the 1st rank holder, the $10 prize for the 2nd rank holder in Tomorrow's Idol will be deleted unfortunately and the prize for the 1st rank holder in Tomodachi no Change will not be a cash prize, but will not be useless either. I'm sorry but the max i can spend per month is $50, it's kind of pathetic since this is supposed to be a contest/event for you guys to show how much i appreciate you.

If this get's approved you can totally count me in. :D 

I guess I'd have a disadvantage since I only own one of the games though. I'd personally request that you changed that to sticking to 1 game or maybe picking 5-6 songs from the whole set to fight against this. I guess if the small number of songs is the concern you could maybe add an extra rule that participants who only choose to play one of those games are able to score songs twice by beating their previous score, or at least weighing the first and second game differently by making the first 6 songs of each participant worth 3 points and the others worth 1, or something like that. In my opinion that would make it fairer for people with only one game like me.

But even if this gets approved without any changes I'd still like to join that category.

• Like 1

Nice to finally see a Project Diva event here. I haven't played Future Tone in a while, but you can count me in for all three sections.

I'll choose to focus on Clockwork DIVA. I do expect myself to fail horribly as the event goes towards the more difficult Extreme songs, but nonetheless, this should be fun.

• Like 1