QBalu

Alternate Reality

21 posts in this topic

The first part requires you to enter the konami code at the press x to begin screen, you will hear a sound once done correctly, this will unlock a hidden mode.

However I have yet to find where this hidden mode is;

KC = konami code
NG = New Game (I think)
N P (L R X) = I am not sure I have tried many things but missing something and I bet its something simple

Figured it out through some trial and error adding onto the above:

KC = konami code (at the Press X to start screen)
NG = New Game
N = Necrodancer

P = Pause 

(L R X) = Hold L1 + R1 and press X while paused.

That launches the snake minigame, score 1000 in it for the trophy.

Edited by Marinatal

1 hour ago, Marinatal said:

Figured it out through some trial and error adding onto the above:

KC = konami code (at the Press X to start screen)
NG = New Game
N = Necrodancer

P = Pause 

(L R X) = Hold L1 + R1 and press X while paused.

That launches the snake minigame, score 1000 in it for the trophy.

I knew it was going to be something easy once it was written down. I got the Necrodancer part but did not think to pause the game at the time Thanks for the info, The devs said someone got the platinum trophy yesterday.

8 hours ago, fisty123 said:

The devs said someone got the platinum trophy yesterday.

How? Half milion gold is glitched as you can see.

1 hour ago, QBalu said:

How? Half milion gold is glitched as you can see.

Hello,

Sorry to barge in, QoD developer here (although I know this is prob hard to prove on a forum), but all achievements are working, there are a couple people who unlocked the 100%, although I think on psnprofiles it's only showing 1. If you check on PS4 it has already small (~0.2%).

Some clarification on the Gold trophy. As the description suggests it's for "Gold Picked", not total gold, so when you do a run, any gold you get from selling items or quests does not count towards it, so only gold you find on floor, from monsters drops, treasure chests, etc. Sorry for the confusion.

I hope this helps.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5736-quest-of-dungeons/1-100

2 hours ago, DJLink said:

Hello,

Sorry to barge in, QoD developer here (although I know this is prob hard to prove on a forum), but all achievements are working, there are a couple people who unlocked the 100%, although I think on psnprofiles it's only showing 1. If you check on PS4 it has already small (~0.2%).

Some clarification on the Gold trophy. As the description suggests it's for "Gold Picked", not total gold, so when you do a run, any gold you get from selling items or quests does not count towards it, so only gold you find on floor, from monsters drops, treasure chests, etc. Sorry for the confusion.

I hope this helps.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5736-quest-of-dungeons/1-100

Ah we meet again, after the 20+ comment on Facebook :)
Thanks again for the updates on the trophies its good to know that my other runs post passing the game were not in vain. I am not too far away for the final trophy if my count is anywhere near correct.

It also took me way long to get the snake trophy, its been far too long since I played that.

Edited by fisty123

43 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Thanks again for the updates on the trophies its good to know that my other runs post passing the game were not in vain. I am not too far away for the final trophy if my count is anywhere near correct.

It also took me way long to get the snake trophy, its been far too long since I played that.

Would be a bit frustrating yes :) But everything should be working fine, good luck with the Platinum 

On 1/24/2017 at 9:44 AM, DJLink said:

Would be a bit frustrating yes :) But everything should be working fine, good luck with the Platinum 

Yeah, working on the snake mini game and it truly sucks. I believe it is worse than Flappy Goat in Goat Simulator in terms of frustration factor. The controls aren't nearly tight enough for the precision required.

Just curious, this trophy wasn't on the Xbox version so they dont have to deal with this crap to complete the trophy list. Why is that?

On 2/13/2017 at 5:01 PM, Bullstomp said:

Yeah, working on the snake mini game and it truly sucks. I believe it is worse than Flappy Goat in Goat Simulator in terms of frustration factor. The controls aren't nearly tight enough for the precision required.

Just curious, this trophy wasn't on the Xbox version so they dont have to deal with this crap to complete the trophy list. Why is that?

Hi,

For the longest I had the snake minigame nearly finished inside QoD, I made it for fun during development (back in 2014) while figuring out how to solve something else on the game, but never ended up making it "playable" and forgot about it. While cleaning and optimizing up the code for the PS4 version I found it and decided it was time to put it inside the game. Ended up adding it as a Trophy because I thought it could a cool thing to have. The Xbox version doesn't have it because I only decided to add it now, for PlayStation 4, it's the only one that does have that Easter egg.

As for the precision I find that using the dpad is more helpful for this particular mini-game instead of the left analog.

Edited by DJLink

On 1/24/2017 at 3:00 PM, fisty123 said:

I see you never did get that trophy... I've been playing this game for days now and still haven't got it! :(:( Once I finish the 10 floor dungeon 10 more times and fully explore each floor, I'm going to consider this trophy glitched. Already done it 10 times.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I see you never did get that trophy... I've been playing this game for days now and still haven't got it! :(:( Once I finish the 10 floor dungeon 10 more times and fully explore each floor, I'm going to consider this trophy glitched. Already done it 10 times.

Some people have unlocked it. I really enjoyed this game but the post game is dull and with no actual count of picked up gold its just to painful.

8 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Some people have unlocked it. I really enjoyed this game but the post game is dull and with no actual count of picked up gold its just to painful.

Yeah... no real counter is a huge turn off! I have no idea where I currently stand. I'm at around 5 million total gold, so quests + around 5000 sold items must stand for more than 4 500 000 of that gold. :S Lately I've been getting a lot of gold from treasures etc that has been up at the hundreds, like seen myself pick up like 1k or more many a time, so I should be getting closer, but still not got the trophy. The question is, how much do I get per run of the 10 floors dungeon, and that very much varies, especially if I get equipment with bonus gold. Been times where I got like 60-100 for pretty much every drop for quite a lot of drops.

Edited by MMDE

15 minutes ago, MMDE said:

The question is, how much do I get per run of the 10 floors dungeon, and that very much varies, especially if I get equipment with bonus gold. Been times where I got like 60-100 for pretty much every drop for quite a lot of drops.

I recall doing a few runs only picking up gold, no quests or shopping at all. From memory my lowest run was 26,000 and my highest was around 36,000. I thought maybe I was doing it wrong but I did a few all with similar totals.

3 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I recall doing a few runs only picking up gold, no quests or shopping at all. From memory my lowest run was 26,000 and my highest was around 36,000. I thought maybe I was doing it wrong but I did a few all with similar totals.

Yeah, this is why I'm aiming at around 20 full runs before I start complaining about it being glitched. :P I think I've done runs that gave me more than 36 000 though.

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, this is why I'm aiming at around 20 full runs before I start complaining about it being glitched. :P I think I've done runs that gave me more than 36 000 though.

I was planning the 20 full runs but I lost count and now struggle to do 5 floors in one session.

It would seem your more lucky with the gold equipment drops then me....Hopefully you get the plat with the 20 runs

11 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I was planning the 20 full runs but I lost count and now struggle to do 5 floors in one session.

It would seem your more lucky with the gold equipment drops then me....Hopefully you get the plat with the 20 runs

I tried doing runs on hard, but didn't seem to get a whole lot more with that. I do normal runs. I use the assassin. I usually just buy keys and health restore items from the stores unless they sell some gold increase equipment. I usually grind out some few levels on first two floors and then less and less as I make my way lower, before more and more near the end. Then I happen to go backwards and pick up gold I missed if I got gold increase equipment. :P I've had two gold increase equipment twice!

11 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Speaking of which, I just got another one of those items! :D Weak Body Armor +9.0 extra gold! :D I'm at floor 8 though, but that's good news! :D EDIT: And yay, treasure chests dropping more than 500 gold! :D 

Edited by MMDE

On 5/11/2017 at 11:56 AM, fisty123 said:

I finally got the trophy!! :D Time for the snake trophy, and I should have the platinum! I got it from gold that dropped after I killed a boss.

EDIT: Fuck my PS4 controller, has issues with the d-pad after all the platformers I've played. Anyway, just lost at 89, and it was just because it didn't go down when I pressed down and I had plenty of space left before I crashed into the wall on the left!! :( 

EDIT:

After getting to like around 80-90 three times, I finally did it! :) Wasn't that hard, but fuck my controller, it made it much harder than it needed be.

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I finally got the trophy!! :D Time for the snake trophy, and I should have the platinum! I got it from gold that dropped after I killed a boss.

EDIT: Fuck my PS4 controller, has issues with the d-pad after all the platformers I've played. Anyway, just lost at 89, and it was just because it didn't go down when I pressed down and I had plenty of space left before I crashed into the wall on the left!! :( 

EDIT:

After getting to like around 80-90 three times, I finally did it! :) Wasn't that hard, but fuck my controller, it made it much harder than it needed be.

Congrats, I really should get back into this and work on the grind.

The snake game took me a while as well, It felt slightly delayed at times.

32 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Congrats, I really should get back into this and work on the grind.

The snake game took me a while as well, It felt slightly delayed at times.

Thanks, and the snake game was honestly pretty easy, just hated that there was no pause button and that my PS4 controller has some issues with the d-pad. :( Like the plastic under it is a bit torn. :( Even with that issue, only took me like 3 or 4 serious attempts. Screw dots that spawn in the corners!! :( 

Edited by MMDE

@DJLink i know you havent posted on here in years but I put this in status updates all the time and it is nice to finally say it to a developer.

When making a game if you ever have to ask yourself "will people find this fun?" DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR FUCKING GAME.

No one wants to get 100O points in Snake...Snake is a shitty game.

No one wants to run around picking up 500,000 coins after beating everything else in the game...that is boring and just busy work.

Why do developers insist on putting unfun things in their game? It just seems like more work for zero reward.

Anyways, the actual game isnt bad...just those couple of things are stupid.

Edited by Dr_Mayus