Trophy thoughts?

Nexuds121

13 minutes ago, XShadowYakuzaX said:

Welcome aboard! You are in for a treat! The game series is one of the best around, and I hope you can have a look at some of the other games in the series. Yakuza 0 is actually the perfect place to start as its the prequel to to the main series.  As for the platinum were talking at least betweeen 100-120 hours game time.

Are you fucking serious? This is almost similar to GTA V.

18 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

Are you fucking serious? This is almost similar to GTA V.

Afraid so bro, this is the standard for most Yakuza games, the earlier ones and dead souls would probably be closer to 90. Just looking at the Japanese 100% completion times for this game and the quickest is 1 week and a day.  Despite that, it is a fun  a journey!

Edited by XShadowYakuzaX

These trophies appear to be separate from the Japanese release? I bought this game last April and played the first few hours but gave up for Kiwami,,, because Kiwami is beautiful and needs a western release. I only ask because I love the Yakuza games and might get the English version, I'm happy with %50 completion and no Platinum but at the same time wouldn't go English with the same trophy list.

And for new players, That's definitely Ueno park at the beginning right???? Or not

13 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

These trophies appear to be separate from the Japanese release? I bought this game last April and played the first few hours but gave up for Kiwami,,, because Kiwami is beautiful and needs a western release. I only ask because I love the Yakuza games and might get the English version, I'm happy with %50 completion and no Platinum but at the same time wouldn't go English with the same trophy list.

And for new players, That's definitely Ueno park at the beginning right???? Or not

Kiwami is getting a western release. Its summer 2017, this summer!

20 hours ago, cckerberos said:

I've heard that Kiwami and 6 have platinum times of <60 hours, which will make a nice change of pace.

Interesting, i wonder if that because they culled the number of playthroughs or may'be made the 100% completion less grindy.

3 hours ago, XShadowYakuzaX said:

That is fantastic news, This is a must for Yakuza fans and the only reason I stopped playing Zero. 2000 yen from Bookoff sapporo! Off stores rule but yakuza games rule more.

On 1/22/2017 at 1:23 PM, cckerberos said:

Yes, literally nothing carries over. No money, abilities, items, or equipment.

What on Earth on you talking about? Are you saying there isn't a New Game Plus feature? How come I have seen people start chapter 2 with maxed abilities for Kiryu and claim they're playing New Game Plus? This is a feature in every Yakuza game (minus the first one)

15 hours ago, XShadowYakuzaX said:

Interesting, i wonder if that because they culled the number of playthroughs or may'be made the 100% completion less grindy.

I just read the completion info for Kiwami and it looks like it's the latter. There are a lot fewer minigames and you can use cheat items for the gambling ones (there are no cheat items in Zero). You do have to clear all of the batting courses (which I remember being quite difficult in the original), but it looks like you only have to get an A on each rather than an S.

Looks like some fun ones here :3 might get this, been wanting to play some more Yakuza after 3!

Before I start, though, is Legend difficulty unlocked after clearing on a certain difficulty? Don't wanna make the same mistake again...

3 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Looks like some fun ones here :3 might get this, been wanting to play some more Yakuza after 3!

Before I start, though, is Legend difficulty unlocked after clearing on a certain difficulty? Don't wanna make the same mistake again...

It's unlocked after clearing on any difficulty (you can freely change difficulty at anytime during your first playthrough).

38 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

It's unlocked after clearing on any difficulty (you can freely change difficulty at anytime during your first playthrough).

Alright, good to hear, got kinda annoyed after finishing 3 on Normal and realizing I had to play it all over again on Hard to get the chance to play it once again on Extra Hard (and get the trophy)...

28 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Game's like 2 weeks out already and 0 ppl got the platinum at this pont. WTF? is it that difficult or just ridiculously long? I know 2 weeks isn't that long of a time but many people likes to be first and that kind of records. I was expecting someone to get it at this point...

The game came out on the 24th of January. It's been less than a week... Anyway, supposedly the platinum takes over 100 hours to obtain, so I'm not surprised nobody has it yet. In terms of difficulty, it looks about on par with a regular Yakuza game. Nothing too crazy.

Edited by Undead Wolf

12 hours ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Game's like 2 weeks out already and 0 ppl got the platinum at this pont. WTF? is it that difficult or just ridiculously long? I know 2 weeks isn't that long of a time but many people likes to be first and that kind of records. I was expecting someone to get it at this point...

Wondering the same thing myself, i realize the game hasn't been out that long but that doesn't and has not stopped people before from platting a game of this magnitude in what seems to be an extremely short amount of time.

Yakuza 0 is about the length of The Witcher 3, though maybe not as long as GTA V. 

Won't be getting this for a good while. Just bought Mad Max and Assassins Creed Rogue so I'll be pretty well occupied with open world games. 

Looks great though. I've been wanting to play a SEGA game for a very long time now, considering the poor state Sonic the Hedgehog is in, being an old school fan of him myself. Really touching of them to give you the option to play the old arcade machines in Yakuza 0. Wonder if Golden Axe is in it.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Yakuza 0 is about the length of The Witcher 3, though maybe not as long as GTA V. 

Won't be getting this for a good while. Just bought Mad Max and Assassins Creed Rogue so I'll be pretty well occupied with open world games. 

Looks great though. I've been wanting to play a SEGA game for a very long time now, considering the poor state Sonic the Hedgehog is in, being an old school fan of him myself. Really touching of them to give you the option to play the old arcade machines in Yakuza 0. Wonder if Golden Axe is in it.

Its Outrun, Fantasy Zone, Super Hang On and Space Harrier.

On 1/30/2017 at 6:05 PM, stitchesnscars said:

Wondering the same thing myself, i realize the game hasn't been out that long but that doesn't and has not stopped people before from platting a game of this magnitude in what seems to be an extremely short amount of time.

Most of the previous Yakuza games have a top 50 platinum completion time of over a week.

I'm really keen on getting this as my first Yakuza title purely for the setting of 80s Japan. Is it only the story missions that are more difficult in Legend difficulty or is everything scaled up? (As in the mini-games etc). Also is it best to tackle the 100% completion on Easy then move onto Legend, or blast through the story then do 100% on Legend?

3 hours ago, Shadows_Revenge said:

I'm really keen on getting this as my first Yakuza title purely for the setting of 80s Japan. Is it only the story missions that are more difficult in Legend difficulty or is everything scaled up? (As in the mini-games etc). Also is it best to tackle the 100% completion on Easy then move onto Legend, or blast through the story then do 100% on Legend?

The difficulty just affects fights. You can switch difficulties outside of fights in the main game. Id say do the story and 100% on Easy/Normal then do Legend. Its what I'm doing. 

• Like 1