Network Error

Sipkowitz

Now I'll start off and say that this isn't the error message that people usually seem to have problems with (i.e. The can't connect while updating variety).

I can get into the Online Menu just fine, but for the life of me CANNOT JOIN OR CREATE A SESSION.

I keep getting garbage like as follows:

NETWORK ERROR

An error occurred whilst joining the game.

Either the game is full or the host has left the game.

I have tried the Signing Out/In tricks, New save File, Different Accounts, Re-Installing (With & Without the Expansion).

I'm really not sure what's left to do, (The PS3 is already on a DMZ I believe), I don't have another Console or Internet to try this on (My Internet isn't complete crap either).

Perhaps someone can share some insight into this stupid error (As it stands this will be another unobtainable Plat FOR REASONS OUT OF MY CONTROL).

PS. The error when trying to create is the following:

NETWORK ERROR

An error occurred whilst creating the game.

Please try again.

PPS. I can see games in the lobby, the friends activities notifications etc (It's just being really stupid and won't let me play the damn thing online).

PPPS. If it helps or makes any difference the version I have is part of the "Welcome Back" thing, and I believe it may be the Demo as it needed a Full Game Unlock.

Edited by Sipkowitz

I had the same problem for a while...sucked as everyone was ready for bling brigade...can't remember the fix though...I remember restarting ps3 and game and perhaps eventually having to change hosts a lot to all get in a lobby...

And it was also with the welcome back version though not sure if it makes a difference...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Yeah this sucks shit.

I missed my opportunity for Bling Brigade (Guess people didn't want to wait around).

The 1st time I didn't have the damn skin.

If I can't get this crap to work AND get another group of 8 (I will shelf this game SO HARD I WILL NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN).

So far this game has done nothing BUT piss me off and I only played on NOVICE.

If it's going to be difficult and frustrating for the WRONG reasons then I'll just walk away from it (Simply because it is refusing to let me play the damn thing).

Whether you got it through Welcome Back shouldn't matter, that's the full version of the game. There's no unlock for it because you download the full game. A demo of the game wouldn't be the same size because it's not a small game. 

Edited by Gage

I'm not disputing that it ISN'T the full game but it would NOT launch without said Unlock being applied.

Anyway that is all besides the point, the game is fundamentally broken whichever version it may be.

What I want to know is how to make it NOT broken, (I guess this may be a rare issue), I just don't understand why there's even an error in the 1st place.

Forget about joining matches, (I could chalk it up to being about connection quality or something), but it blatantly refuses to let me create a damn match as well.

Oh but it let's me access the leader-boards and whatnot (Jeez how helpful that is in the list of online functionality).

It is a bit disappointing this hasn't gathered much interest (Or maybe it's just that no-one has anything to say and are as clueless as me).

In any case if I don't find myself in a MP game in some shape or form in the space of about a week, i'll put this to rest and i'll have to walk away with a bad taste in my mouth.

It really sucks that after I finally decided to give the Plat a go, it decides to turn its back on me.

• 2 weeks later...

I propose a challenge to anyone interested.

I'll give you an hour to invite me to a lobby at a time that suits us both, if in that time I get 1 MP race done I will create a new session in order to get Bling Brigade, otherwise i'm pretty much going to be done with this game (As i've never been able to join OR create a match even after several attempts and yes i've been trying with the default Map).

That or i'll join someone elses Bling Brigade session/group if there is one.

• 8 months later...

Hi I had the same network error whit my account. Read my post for more info. But I have found the way to join multiplayer. I loaded the game and signed out from psn by pressing the ps button-account management-exit. Then I choosed the online option in the game menu and automatically appeared the log in screen and once in the psn i could join the wipeout server!!! Blind Brigade trophy will be mine! I suggest to try. Good luck...

• 3 months later...
On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎05 at 2:28 AM, Ferruccio5 said:

Hi I had the same network error whit my account. Read my post for more info. But I have found the way to join multiplayer. I loaded the game and signed out from psn by pressing the ps button-account management-exit. Then I choosed the online option in the game menu and automatically appeared the log in screen and once in the psn i could join the wipeout server!!! Blind Brigade trophy will be mine! I suggest to try. Good luck...

Hello Ferruccio5,

I had been receiving that same Network Error Message(An error occurred while updating the game) for over 2 years... Just read your post and proposed work around and was successful in connecting to the servers. Thank you for your post... :)

• 1 month later...

I've tried the aformentioned suggestions (Even from the beginning).

My issue is not being able to actually participate in matches, i.e. I never had (Not that I remember anyway) any issue getting through to the online menu.

Basically I can only get 1/2 way through with the servers i.e. I can browse/view games in session but cannot join or create any.

Either it just simply doesn't work for my accounts/PS3/ISP or i'm making some kind of silly mistake somewhere.

Edited by Sipkowitz
Added another sentence

It's a fault of the servers, we were having the same problem when trying to arrange a Bling Brigade session. Sometimes you can make lobbies, sometimes you can't, sometimes you can join on some, sometimes it outright crashes the game. The worst part is the lobbies can glitch out too, we had one guy who was appearing as an entirely other player wearing default skins and couldn't figure out why we weren't getting the trophy for example and if more than 7 people joined the other one would immediately crash out.

The solution is to either do the log in and log out method listed above, just keep clicking "Try again" and hope it eventually goes through, or restart your console and see if that fixes anything. It's just completely random and the online servers are a nightmare.

Edited by soliunasm