Workaround for "Good Evening!" Trophy

JaykVale

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Is it due to the game not connecting or just because of the lack of online players?

It's the connecting. I see randoms in the lobby, when i try to connect them it always fails. I tried many different methods but it doesn't work. Really want to play the game, since it was a free PS plus game few months ago.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

The problem is the game has no servers, the online connection is P2P, and they have some strange firewall issues.

I was previously able to get the PS3 and PS4 versions done by connecting my console directly to the internet. If you are firewalled (ie - using a router or wifi), you cannot host sessions.

12 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

The problem is the game has no servers, the online connection is P2P, and they have some strange firewall issues.

I was previously able to get the PS3 and PS4 versions done by connecting my console directly to the internet. If you are firewalled (ie - using a router or wifi), you cannot host sessions.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will give it another go, if it fails again than i think there is not much left than deleting the game. I have a internet cable so i will connect it to my PS3 and than put my FW off and see if i can connect.

12 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I will give it another go, if it fails again than i think there is not much left than deleting the game. I have a internet cable so i will connect it to my PS3 and than put my FW off and see if i can connect.

If you have a cable, connect your PS3 directly to your modem. Your router will act as a hardware firewall, so you can't (AFIK) turn it off. You might be able to port forward/create a DMZ, but that doesn't always work.

The best solution is to have nothing between your PS3 and the outgoing internet connection

7 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

If you have a cable, connect your PS3 directly to your modem. Your router will act as a hardware firewall, so you can't (AFIK) turn it off. You might be able to port forward/create a DMZ, but that doesn't always work.

The best solution is to have nothing between your PS3 and the outgoing internet connection

I'm spending months to get that trophy. Really frustrating

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Same problem here.  Got all trophies except for the join a party one.  I've put my PS3 into a DMZ, disabled both firewalls (ipv4 & ipv6), rebooted the PS3, verified the NAT Type is 1, launched the game, but even though I can see the online game in the list I can't connect.  I'm going to give up and uninstall it.  Not a great situation though.

• 2 months later...
On 05/06/2017 at 5:59 PM, Angusbs07 said:

Can't seem to get it to work still. 2nd player joins lobby just fine but trophy doesnt pop.

Join with your main account once on character select screen then start match if I recall right.

On 21/09/2018 at 1:43 AM, fauxtronic said:

Same problem here.  Got all trophies except for the join a party one.  I've put my PS3 into a DMZ, disabled both firewalls (ipv4 & ipv6), rebooted the PS3, verified the NAT Type is 1, launched the game, but even though I can see the online game in the list I can't connect.  I'm going to give up and uninstall it.  Not a great situation though.

Same as I said to other dude. Join at character select screen.

Edited by BrettyBoy

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2017 at 0:01 AM, diskdocx said:

There's plenty of games that are peer to peer and they work without having to resort to stupid configurations that sometimes can't be done, as some routers supplied by internet providers don't have or don't allow these configurations. That they were stupid to have done it on the PS3, was bad. That they are even more stupid to make shine their incompetence again on the PS4 really says it all. But the max is that Sony sells this.

At least there's a workaround for the PS4, but for the PS3 it's not possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tried joining my own online session as player two in every possible way (at the waiting screen, at the character select screen, at the race select screen, and mid-race) and still can't get this trophy to pop. Guess I'll keep trying my luck with the occasional public session I see and hope for the best.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...