JaykVale

Workaround for "Good Evening!" Trophy

15 posts in this topic

For all those who are still struggling to get this trophy,, but want it nontheless, my fiance and I found a workaround for the PS4 version of the game.

We've been trying for hours to find and join a game (trying to switch off firewalls etc) with no success. Went online and googled what other people did to solve the problem, nothing helped.

Then we tried to host an online-session and joined as second player on the same PS4 and the trophy popped for the joining player!

Tried it again for the former hosting player with the second player as host and it popped too as soon as he joined.

We also tried it with a guest-account without PSN, but then the game kicks you saying you're not logged into PSN, so sadly you need 2 PSN-accounts.

So long story short: If you're struggling to get the only online trophy in this game, make sure you have 2 different PSN-accounts logged in on your PS4.

Start the game and host a tournament with your secondary profile, then join as local player with the account that wants the trophy via options button and have the trophy pop.

I hope this helps everyone who was still struggling as we were.

Cheers,

Jayk

Great find right there. I'm still struggling on the PS3 ☹️.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

11 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Great find right there. I'm still struggling on the PS3 2639.png.

Is it due to the game not connecting or just because of the lack of online players?

44 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Is it due to the game not connecting or just because of the lack of online players?

It's the connecting. I see randoms in the lobby, when i try to connect them it always fails. I tried many different methods but it doesn't work. Really want to play the game, since it was a free PS plus game few months ago.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

The problem is the game has no servers, the online connection is P2P, and they have some strange firewall issues.

I was previously able to get the PS3 and PS4 versions done by connecting my console directly to the internet. If you are firewalled (ie - using a router or wifi), you cannot host sessions.

12 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

The problem is the game has no servers, the online connection is P2P, and they have some strange firewall issues.

I was previously able to get the PS3 and PS4 versions done by connecting my console directly to the internet. If you are firewalled (ie - using a router or wifi), you cannot host sessions.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will give it another go, if it fails again than i think there is not much left than deleting the game. I have a internet cable so i will connect it to my PS3 and than put my FW off and see if i can connect.

12 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I will give it another go, if it fails again than i think there is not much left than deleting the game. I have a internet cable so i will connect it to my PS3 and than put my FW off and see if i can connect.

If you have a cable, connect your PS3 directly to your modem. Your router will act as a hardware firewall, so you can't (AFIK) turn it off. You might be able to port forward/create a DMZ, but that doesn't always work.

The best solution is to have nothing between your PS3 and the outgoing internet connection

7 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

If you have a cable, connect your PS3 directly to your modem. Your router will act as a hardware firewall, so you can't (AFIK) turn it off. You might be able to port forward/create a DMZ, but that doesn't always work.

The best solution is to have nothing between your PS3 and the outgoing internet connection

I'm spending months to get that trophy. Really frustrating

Can confirm that for the PS4 this works, you need 2 controllers though

On 5/11/2017 at 1:14 AM, Lars said:

Can confirm that for the PS4 this works, you need 2 controllers though

Can't seem to get it to work still. 2nd player joins lobby just fine but trophy doesnt pop.

Thank you for this great hint. It worked for me on PS4 😀👍

Same problem here.  Got all trophies except for the join a party one.  I've put my PS3 into a DMZ, disabled both firewalls (ipv4 & ipv6), rebooted the PS3, verified the NAT Type is 1, launched the game, but even though I can see the online game in the list I can't connect.  I'm going to give up and uninstall it.  Not a great situation though.

On 05/06/2017 at 5:59 PM, Angusbs07 said:

Can't seem to get it to work still. 2nd player joins lobby just fine but trophy doesnt pop.

Join with your main account once on character select screen then start match if I recall right.

On 21/09/2018 at 1:43 AM, fauxtronic said:

Same problem here.  Got all trophies except for the join a party one.  I've put my PS3 into a DMZ, disabled both firewalls (ipv4 & ipv6), rebooted the PS3, verified the NAT Type is 1, launched the game, but even though I can see the online game in the list I can't connect.  I'm going to give up and uninstall it.  Not a great situation though.

Same as I said to other dude. Join at character select screen.

Edited by BrettyBoy

On 4/16/2017 at 0:01 AM, diskdocx said:

There's plenty of games that are peer to peer and they work without having to resort to stupid configurations that sometimes can't be done, as some routers supplied by internet providers don't have or don't allow these configurations. That they were stupid to have done it on the PS3, was bad. That they are even more stupid to make shine their incompetence again on the PS4 really says it all. But the max is that Sony sells this.

At least there's a workaround for the PS4, but for the PS3 it's not possible.

hello this method works for someone, I have tried it in 100 ways and the trophy still does not leave greetings