Trophy thoughts?

I see my nemesis again. God damn speedrun.
Looks like RE 7 has a short gameplay. I was afraid to see speedrun trophy then l read some comments about how people beat the game under 2.5 hours on their first try.
I'm curious about Madhouse difficulty.

What do you guys think?
Anybody knows what's up with this dlc? Is it paid or free?

• Like 2

I really liked the platinum image, :) can't wait to play both this and KH next Tuesday. As far as the list goes, it looks promising, the REmake vibe is what I wanted, so I'm happy is there. 

I'm also wondering what that dlc is from, as far as I know only the season pass content was revealed , and this one wasn't there, so maybe is a free one?  We have to wait and see. 

Let the madness begins :P

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Terra said:

If the game can be completed in under 4 hours then I'm slightly disappointed that it's that short! 

Eh, REmake has an achievement for beating the game in three hours I think. It didn't feel short to me and I don't think it's ever gotten much criticism for being too short. I assume it's one of those things where you're not intended to get it on your first go-around.

• Like 1

Hey Milan, been a while bud.

I don't think it's free. Many sites have reported that it's the first DLC in the season pass for the upcoming game. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

I think the trophies look solid - but as has been said, the collectibles on Madhouse difficulty are gonna be a pain lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MilanYildirim said:

I see my nemesis again. God damn speedrun.
Looks like RE 7 has a short gameplay. I was afraid to see speedrun trophy then l read some comments about how people beat the game under 2.5 hours on their first try.
I'm curious about Madhouse difficulty.

What do you guys think?
Anybody knows what's up with this dlc? Is it paid or free?

The DLC trophy list that shows up already, these ain't free. We will be getting a free DLC in Spring though, it's "Not A Hero", or it's called something similar to that. Aside that DLC, we'll have to pay for the other DLC. These offer new games modes I think, and the others are story missions, but I think you play as different characters. No idea, but depending on how I feel about the game, and after I finish it, I'll be wondering how the DLC will take role with the game. People are already speculating what the DLC will be, but these people already got the game days ago, and have finished, and hence, spoilers, so I ain't gonna check these out just yet.
Yeah, a lot of people say the speedrun trophy is easy, most people beat the game around 2 hours. I actually haven't heard anyone give thoughts about the Madhouse difficulty, though. I hope it's really challenging, because there's only 3 difficulties in the game. Unless the DLC modes, like "Ethan Must Die", are new difficulties?

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r

6 minutes ago, A Flopping Brawl3r said:

The DLC trophy list that shows up already, these ain't free. We will be getting a free DLC in Spring though, it's "Not A Hero", or it's called something similar to that. Aside that DLC, we'll have to pay for the other DLC. These offer new games modes I think, and the others are story missions, but I think you play as different characters. No idea, but depending on how I feel about the game, and after I finish it, I'll be wondering how the DLC will take role with the game. People are already speculating what the DLC will be, but these people already got the game days ago, and have finished, and hence, spoilers, so I ain't gonna check these out just yet.
Yeah, a lot of people say the speedrun trophy is easy, most people beat the game around 2 hours. I actually haven't heard anyone give thoughts about the Madhouse difficulty, though. I hope it's really challenging, because there's only 3 difficulties in the game. Unless the DLC modes, like "Ethan Must Die", are new difficulties?

Dang that's pretty quick! I assume you mean when they're going for the speed run trophy and not just a normal playthrough? Hopefully a first time playthrough racks up a decent number of hours. Not that a game should be judged on completion time alone.

11 minutes ago, boringname123 said:

Dang that's pretty quick! I assume you mean when they're going for the speed run trophy and not just a normal playthrough? Hopefully a first time playthrough racks up a decent number of hours. Not that a game should be judged on completion time alone.

Well, I've heard it's taken over 12 or 13 hours for a good amount of people to beat the game on their first try, without rushing or skipping anything, of course. I heard it's taken some 16 hours to beat. Developers said it should take over 10 hours to beat on your first playthrough. Depending on how people do with puzzles, and fighting (or avoiding) enemies too, it could take them a little over 13 hours to beat, developers stated. I dunno, some people showed off screenshots about they beat the game quick, but the end results showed that they went after all collectibles, or beat the game rather quickly, so you can guess that that wasn't their first playthrough. I hope not, lol I just hope my first playthrough does not take less than 10 hours or so to beat, cause I definitely won't be rushing, and I'll be exploring and stuff whenever possible. I'll worry about trophies later on.
But even so, this is a Resident Evil game. Most Resident Evil games take me a good while to complete on first playthrough, but after that, most times, when there's speedruns, most speedruns have you complete the game in less than 6 or 5 hours. Well, the classic/old Resident Evil games, anyways. Even then, can't say much about Resident Evil 7, since this is a different one compared to the old ones, obviously. I just hope I'm satisfied with the length of the game.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r
  • Like 2

I don't like speed runs, although it is unclear that the existence of a speed run reward means a "short" game. Super Metroid (and Metroid, for that matter) certainly had built-in speed runs, but were still good, long games.

5 hours ago, Rose_Dark said:

I have a strategy: I write everything on paper

For some reason, this is cracking me up. :lol:

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't like speed runs, although it is unclear that the existence of a speed run reward means a "short" game. Super Metroid (and Metroid, for that matter) certainly had built-in speed runs, but were still good, long games.

For some reason, this is cracking me up. :lol:

As long as you play on the easier difficulty, speedrun becomes easier! But you better have a good strategy..
You easily lose half an hour / hour to open wrong doors :P

Edited by Rose_Dark

Why are you guys complaining about completion times? Every RE game can be beaten in under 4 hours. It's been that way since day one. In fact, Resident Evil 2 has a reward for beating it in under 1 hour! My fastest time on RE5 is 4:34:26. This is not something you should be upset about. Speedrunning these games has been a staple of the series since the very first iteration.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rose_Dark said:

This game like RE0 and 1 is not difficult as long as you know which doors you have to open and the best way to do it! I have a strategy: I write everything on paper, which makes speedrun easier

This seems obvious in retrospect but it's great idea and I'd never of thought to do it. I'd given up on going for the speed run trophies for REmake but this might make them a lot more doable.