Trophy thoughts?

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Resident Evil: Biohazard

Oh you, developers, and your innovative names =D

I wonder if it's going to be Biohazard: Resident Evil in Japan :awesome:

actually i think thats true:D

" Stylized as RESIDENT EVII. biohazard, known in Japan as Biohazard 7: Resident Evil (stylized as BIOHA7ARD resident evil "

thats from wikipedia

Edited by padrinoapo18

YAAS! I've been waiting for this trophy list to appear on this site! After taking a look through the trophies I'd say this is going to be a really easy Platinum. I can't speak for the DLC just yet, because I have no idea what it is. But the core game trophies are not too overly difficult. If you got 100% on REmake then this should be a cake walk as there are many similar trophy styles.

Of course I'm a HUGE Resident Evil fan so I had this preordered and already received. I'm not planning on touching it just yet though and most likely won't be for a while as in the midst of my busy life I'm also currently playing other games. Definitely looking forward to it though! You guys really shouldn't be worrying though, this is at most a 4/10 trophy difficulty rating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boringname123 said:

This seems obvious in retrospect but it's great idea and I'd never of thought to do it. I'd given up on going for the speed run trophies for REmake but this might make them a lot more doable.

Believe that it makes all the difference, especially for those who make streams in twitch like me! It's embarrassing  transmitting a game and walking completely lost :P

1 hour ago, The_Kopite said:

@boringname123 If I can do the speedrun trophies for RE1, then most players should be able to lol

Now I'm just glad there doesn't seem to be a 'Complete the game without saving' type trophy for RE7, man that was a bugger to get for RE1! Third time was the charm lol

That doesn't mean anything! Not all players are the same ...

I saw someone beat it in ~3hrs. I guess he's almost (or maybe has by now) Plat the game.

Vague hint if you want.

Spoiler

skip the VHS tapes

you can do it on easy as well.

Game areas are

Spoiler

the house

boat

salt mine or something

house

I dunno how you get back, I wasn't paying attention to the video.

14 hours ago, AnimeDreama said:

Why are you guys complaining about completion times? Every RE game can be beaten in under 4 hours. It's been that way since day one. In fact, Resident Evil 2 has a reward for beating it in under 1 hour! My fastest time on RE5 is 4:34:26. This is not something you should be upset about. Speedrunning these games has been a staple of the series since the very first iteration.

No, it does not, it does have a couple of rewards if you beat it in under 2:30 and another for under 3 though.

I find this game to be easy as long as you keep your head high and make sure your keeping ammo for the big powerful guns for the bosses later on, also the unlockable weapons and other goodies make it easy but the game is worth it along with the trophy list however am going to be putting this on my backlog to plat as I need to get the plat to the kh games first

another hard platinum - 3 runs needed:

Who's Your Daddy Now? Complete the game on Madhouse.2.43% Ultra Rare

Mad Pelicans Obtain all of the Antique Coins in Madhouse difficulty.1.95% Ultra Rare

Mr. Nowhere Destroy all Mr. Everywhere statuettes.5.16% Very Rare

Just Get Me Outta Here Complete the game within 4 hours.5.21% Very Rare

Resource Manager Complete the game without opening the Item Box more than 3 times.3.46% Ultra Rare

Walk it Off Complete the game using only 3 First Aid Meds or less.4.17% Ultra Rare

how in earth less then 3 runs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, medenko1975 said:

another hard platinum - 3 runs needed:

Who's Your Daddy Now? Complete the game on Madhouse.2.43% Ultra Rare

Mad Pelicans Obtain all of the Antique Coins in Madhouse difficulty.1.95% Ultra Rare

Mr. Nowhere Destroy all Mr. Everywhere statuettes.5.16% Very Rare

Just Get Me Outta Here Complete the game within 4 hours.5.21% Very Rare

Resource Manager Complete the game without opening the Item Box more than 3 times.3.46% Ultra Rare

Walk it Off Complete the game using only 3 First Aid Meds or less.4.17% Ultra Rare

how in earth less then 3 runs?

Run 1: Easy/Normal mode, all collectibles. ending 1

Run 2: Easy mode, speed run, 3 or less medkits, 3 or less item boxes

Run 3: Madhouse mode, all coins again in this difficulty since they are different, and ending 2!

Edited by WatertownsFinest

5 hours ago, medenko1975 said:

so basically run 1 and run 3 and slow, run 2 run as hell :D

just started as easy for run1 for all collectible, files and those breakable mummies?

Don't do madhouse before speedrun.  You get a weapon for doing the speedrun requirement that makes some of the bosses on madhouse much easier.  If you want you can do the first playthrough blind without worrying about getting everything,  it's entirely possible to do all collectibles and cleanup during the speedrun.  I got everything except the last two statues (which would have taken me all of two more minutes)  along with the other two gold trophies and had a time just over three hours.  

• 2 weeks later...

About the collectable trophies: Does the game register collectables regardless of playthroughs? 

I decided I wouldn't make my first playthrough a collectable run because I wanted to enjoy it without being spoiled or brought out of it by a guide constantly. Now I'm right before the point of no return for the house (just collected the blue and red key cards) and now that I've done all the story here already, I'm okay using a guide. I noticed I have practically everything, except one thing: a coin that you could only find in the very beginning of the game (that is no longer collectable in the "open" section I'm in. Now, if I collect all other coins from now on (so I end up with all coins except that one in the end of my playthrough), and I pick up the coin in the beginning of a subsequent playthrough, will the trophy pop? Or do I have to do an entire other playthrough, collecting every one of them again? In the latter case, is it possible to pick up all coins (not all files or Mr Everyman's, Imma get those in this playthrough still) on my Speedrun? Or will that drag out too much? 

Thanks in advance!

39 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

About the collectable trophies: Does the game register collectables regardless of playthroughs? 

The only thing that carries between playthroughs is which Mr Everywheres you've destroyed.  Everything else is only counted in the current playthrough.  

I'm on Madhouse now, and have got all the trophies except Ending 2, Madhouse and Madhouse Coins. How tough is the Mia fight on the ship for choosing to save Zoey, on Madhouse? I didn't want to do it on my speedrun because I read that it adds to the clock, but I haven't found how hard it actually is. Is it easier / as hard as the Mia attic fight? Thanks!

Hey guys, so i just got my plat, and what a wonderful ride it was. I was really skeptical at first because of the whole first person perspective view, because I'm not very fond of it, but in the end it actually worked well. 

Lastly the madhouse difficulty had so many surprises, not to mention a good challenge too, regardless of new weapons at our disposal. 

I recorded some great moments and one take that fatty, was awesome :D

Spoiler

Spoiler