Question about overwriting Clear save data

ipot_04

i had mine seperate i think what they are refering to is the weapons trophies etc which require your saves to all be linked as 1 game

in other words for example play as chris do this stuff beat it save your clear file then load it then hit once again then tat allows u to start a fresh game and u can choose ur difficulty etc and your character say jill again play through save ur clear id suggest in its own place and then load that save up and continue on with your stuff so it all connects as 1 long stream of plays by loading and hitting once again on your clear data you just cleared

4 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

i had mine seperate i think what they are refering to is the weapons trophies etc which require your saves to all be linked as 1 game

in other words for example play as chris do this stuff beat it save your clear file then load it then hit once again then tat allows u to start a fresh game and u can choose ur difficulty etc and your character say jill again play through save ur clear id suggest in its own place and then load that save up and continue on with your stuff so it all connects as 1 long stream of plays by loading and hitting once again on your clear data you just cleared

I get it now but can I just delete older clear save files?

Also, I've seen you've platted RE:0, is it just as hard as REmake or harder?

Just now, ipot_04 said:

I get it now but can I just delete older clear save files?

Also, I've seen you've platted RE:0, is it just as hard as REmake or harder?

i wouldnt just to be on the safe side 

its shorter i beieve but in some aspects alot harder like there arnt any item boxes but u can drop stuff but u better remember where ya dropped it cause it stays there so if u dropped something a the start of the first area and find u need it when ur mid or late game your gunna have to find your way back and theres monsters al the way back unless your a the very end then its mildly easier with an interconnected elevator that somehow ignores how much and how far u walked lol kinda like geting on an elevator in a hospitol and coming out 10 blocks over at the wendys lol

and things seem to hit harder aswell but like i said its a smaller game with less bosses i thnk aswell so its up t u to decide but in my opnion its harder

• 1 year later...
On 1/23/2017 at 1:35 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

I have a question. I'm not sure what everyone means by a Clear save file? Must I Keep one slot free for my clear file and then just save over that each time I unlock a new mode, costumes etc? This is my first time playing the game, so I'm not really familiar with how it all works.

4 hours ago, wilwheaton5 said:

I have a question. I'm not sure what everyone means by a Clear save file? Must I Keep one slot free for my clear file and then just save over that each time I unlock a new mode, costumes etc? This is my first time playing the game, so I'm not really familiar with how it all works.

If I remember correctly what u need to do is choose a character play through doing all of there stuff then once u beat that run after the last boss u'll get a clear save. Once ur back on the main menu hit once again then load that clear save which should treat it like your starting a new game this time choose the other character and do there play through getting everything. It's basically like new game plus only you choose the character you didn't before

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

If I remember correctly what u need to do is choose a character play through doing all of there stuff then once u beat that run after the last boss u'll get a clear save. Once ur back on the main menu hit once again then load that clear save which should treat it like your starting a new game this time choose the other character and do there play through getting everything. It's basically like new game plus only you choose the character you didn't before

Oh okay, I see! Thanks that helped a lot! 

• 2 years later...

So essentially you have to keep every cleared save data from each play through you complete? Doesn't that mean you'll eventually run out of slots since there's only 8 available? What if I botch a speed run? Or does your latest cleared save then become your prime save to use in once again?

Edited by bikeman223

• 2 months later...

You can overwrite the same save file for all your playthroughs on Resident Evil Remaster dosent matter the character or level or mode you play all your progress/unlocks will remain. In Resident Evil 0 Remaster once you pick a difficulty your stuck with that difficulty for the save file so don't overwrite it unless you don't want to use it anymore the exception to this is after you unlock Leech Hunter for that particular file you can overwrite it with your Leech Hunter data, but DO NOT overwrite with the Wesker Mode that needs to be a separate save file.