Farming Gems

sejefyr

I have been searching around the web, to se how I can farm precious gems pretty fast.

All the sites says you have to go the mines, and I have a mining population around 60.000, but cant seem to find that many gems.

Is it only the green orbs you can hit, or is there something another to do it?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TheAkittaja123 said:

Chapter 19, right after the first cutscene. Collect the first four lines of gems, save your game and then load the same savefile. Repeat for 270 gems in about a minute per run.

Yes this is the best way.  Found a video online that shows it for anyone interested:

On 24.1.2017 at 5:16 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

You have to farm gems this time?

I'm only halfway through the game (no Hekseville yet and I only finished about 25% of the challenges so far) and only had a cumulative 20k gems or so. So yes, it seems like you have to grind out the gems.

EDIT:
Seeing the video above I'm glad that it's only about ~90k gems you have to gather. I initially thought it's required to get >200k gems when I saw that some of the later upgrades cost way beyond 10k gems...

Edited by Crimson Idol

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Seeing the video above I'm glad that it's only about ~90k gems you have to gather. I initially thought it's required to get >200k gems when I saw that some of the later upgrades cost way beyond 10k gems...

In case anyone is confused: the cost the game shows for later upgrades includes all upgrades you still need to buy before it. So for example the last upgrade for Special Attacks doesn't cost 18k, that's the cost for every upgrade in the path.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

In case anyone is confused: the cost the game shows for later upgrades includes all upgrades you still need to buy before it. So for example the last upgrade for Special Attacks doesn't cost 18k, that's the cost for every upgrade in the path.

That's a big relief. Didn't give the upgrade costs much attention so I didn't realize that they were lower after I bought a previous upgrade. I was just overwhelmed by the amount of gems they wanted and thought "Oh shit, the grind is real". xD

• Like 1

Chapter 19 method, it takes a few hours however, keep in mind you need more tan 60,000 (gem collector trophy) to max Kat's moves.

I feel like the Gem Collector trophy could have been used for something else if you already have to get more gems for Kat and you can't use gems for anything else.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2017 at 9:50 AM, TheAkittaja123 said:

Chapter 19, right after the first cutscene. Collect the first four lines of gems, save your game and then load the same savefile. Repeat for 270 gems in about a minute per run.

I went a little further. To the point where you have reach your destination with only Lunar powers. You get 920 gems in just under two minutes once you get the rhythm down. Sounds a bit faster than the method you posted, but takes a little more effort. Took an hour and 17 minutes to go from 60,000 to the 87,000 required for Power Kat (so roughly 350.5/minute).

Edited by BrilloHD
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...