Ability Ace not working?

The Ability Ace Trophy says to max out and equip all the Support and Spirits abilities, which I have done, but the Trophy isn't popping.

I've reverted to an earlier save and re-unlocked the last ability, same problem. So I don't think the Trophy just bugged out on me.

Does it secretly involve the Status abilities as well? What do I need to do?

12 hours ago, Asenoth said:

The Ability Ace Trophy says to max out and equip all the Support and Spirits abilities, which I have done, but the Trophy isn't popping.

I've reverted to an earlier save and re-unlocked the last ability, same problem. So I don't think the Trophy just bugged out on me.

Does it secretly involve the Status abilities as well? What do I need to do?

Maybe it's for each Spirit that it needs to be done for? I'm slowly working on that myself, just unlocking everything a Spirit has to offer me, so I'm not sure if that's the case there or not.

18 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Maybe it's for each Spirit that it needs to be done for? I'm slowly working on that myself, just unlocking everything a Spirit has to offer me, so I'm not sure if that's the case there or not.

I don't think so. I've been playing the Japanese version, looked up the Japanese text for the Trophy, it says the same thing. It's clearly just referring to filling out all of the nodes in the Support and Spirits categories. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work; all the other Trophies are popping without issue, and plenty of people have the Platinum.

There's an in-game trophy to max out all Status abilities. I suppose I'll try getting that, see if that somehow works.

Edit: I did that, and nothing changed.

Edited by Asenoth

14 hours ago, Asenoth said:

I don't think so. I've been playing the Japanese version, looked up the Japanese text for the Trophy, it says the same thing. It's clearly just referring to filling out all of the nodes in the Support and Spirits categories. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work; all the other Trophies are popping without issue, and plenty of people have the Platinum.

There's an in-game trophy to max out all Status abilities. I suppose I'll try getting that, see if that somehow works.

Edit: I did that, and nothing changed.

Found this here: https://www.khwiki.com/Abilities_(KH3D)

Seems like there's EXP Zero in the game too as a default, which I am guessing is to do with Critical Mode? I am uncertain with that as I do not have the ability myself and am only playing on Normal Mode, so I can't say for certain that's what's missing, I've still got a lot of abilities to get as is.

Edit: Well, looking at it again and how it talks about it, I doubt that EXP Zero is needed, as it says about spirits, so I have a feeling that you would need each spirit to be done, but again, not sure if it's to do with that or what, as the way it's worded could mean either way really.

Edit 2: Okay, I just checked my characters for Sora and Riku, looks like Sora has more things on him than Riku does, so perhaps you've only done it for one character and not the other? Which... is gonna make it that much more grindy x.x

Edited by DrakeHellsing

Since I am in Normal Mode, if I do a NG+ if this game has it, would these abilities stay unlocked? Or would I need to reobtain them again? And... they're not counted to the 100% trophies right?

And I don't want to start fresh again anyway, since I've almost beaten the game and do want to at least do the post game stuff too.  I'm just hoping that when I go to Proud Mode, that I can get that ability once and have the trophy unlock by having done the other abilities before.  I mean, I suppose I can test that out as well and see if it can be done that way or not.

Edit: I did look it up and it seems that I can get everything else done on Normal Mode, then a new game on Proud Mode to get Ability Ace done... but do need to play a fair bit to get all abilities unlocked and installed again, since spirits will be reset to level one if it's a NG+

Edited by DrakeHellsing