A Drunken Naked Lizard goes to Skyrim

PSXtreme_

Yes, it's true. I've decided to try my hand at Skyrim. :popcorn:

So far in my early journey, I've fumbled my way to making it to level 10 and still trying to get a grasp on what the hell this whole damn thing is about. I'm still getting killed often and only get 2 steps forward before getting slumped and going one step backwards. I really need to find me some better weapons.

Keeping in character, I chose the Argonian (Lizardman) race and have been working on both one and two-handed weapon mastery, along with bulking up the destructive magic and thief abilities. I'll try to keep everyone updated for their mutual enjoyment. Not many gamers are willing to share their floundering as they struggle to complete a quest, so make sure to tune in often. :spank:

When you're level 12 you can do The Only Cure daedric quest and get one of the best shields in the game called Spellbreaker - it blocks magic attacks including dragon frost/fire breath. 

The daedric quests have some some of the best weapons, especially for a low level player. Go to Markarth and do The House of Horrors quest for a good mace! xD

• Like 2

Thanks. Will keep that in mind.:)

I'm currently in the Knife cave. Got killed like 5 times until I figured out that I needed to snipe that one Highwayman down on the lower level repeatedly with my bow because he just kept kicking my ass. Finally passed thru to the next section and looking to finish this area off now.

1 hour ago, PSXtreme_ said:

HOLY SHITE!!! Who was the dumbass that thought putting GIANTS into this game was a bright idea??? That mother pussbucket hit me ONCE and launched my ass to the moon. I still don't think my carcass has hit the ground yet....:blink:

It's left in the game on purpose (as are a number of other glitches if the devs thought them hilarious and they weren't game breaking). For the record you need to die from the overhead smash in order to fly, so it was a game over already :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

How are you handling the quests? Focusing on the story line quests or side quests?

Also, the elf guy in the first town. If you make him your companion you can use him for archery training and then take your money out of his inventory.

I'm all over the place...kinda in the same fashion that I played JC2. :ninja:

I had my companion assigned to me, so I've been running around with her, supporting Woman's Equality by letting her carry all my heavy stuff. I did use an Archery guy in Whiterun for training and he had the opportunity to become a companion, but since I have my Carry Chick already he wouldn't party up.:(

There will be more adventuring tonight. I'm going to try to keep the ADD under control and follow the main quest line.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

HOLY SHITE!!! Who was the dumbass that thought putting GIANTS into this game was a bright idea??? That mother pussbucket hit me ONCE and launched my ass to the moon. I still don't think my carcass has hit the ground yet....:blink:

Either learn how to master shooting giants from horseback and riding out of attack range.

Or unlock the Dual Casting and Impact perks on the Destruction tree. Dualcasting any Destruction spell that's Apprentice level and above has a 100% of staggering Mammoths and anything smaller than a Mammoth, including Giants. Dualcasting Expert level Destruction spells will stagger a dragon. You can hold off anything from getting too close for as long as you have Magicka.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damon8r351 said:

Either learn how to master shooting giants from horseback and riding out of attack range.

Or unlock the Dual Casting and Impact perks on the Destruction tree. Dualcasting any Destruction spell that's Apprentice level and above has a 100% of staggering Mammoths and anything smaller than a Mammoth, including Giants. Dualcasting Expert level Destruction spells will stagger a dragon. You can hold off anything from getting too close for as long as you have Magicka.

I'm still working on the basics. I feel like a 13 year old boy that just discovered self-pleasuring...there is SOOO much to experience and it all feels SOOOOO GOOD I don't know which way to turn....and then I stumble into a nest of goblin Hell's Angels bikers or whatever and they gang rape me, I die, then I need to figure out what I did from the respawn point to the run-in with the biker gang so I don't overlook something interesting I discovered (like that one treasure map over by the Forgotten Prison). 

1 hour ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I'm still working on the basics. I feel like a 13 year old boy that just discovered self-pleasuring...there is SOOO much to experience and it all feels SOOOOO GOOD I don't know which way to turn....and then I stumble into a nest of goblin Hell's Angels bikers or whatever and they gang rape me, I die, then I need to figure out what I did from the respawn point to the run-in with the biker gang so I don't overlook something interesting I discovered (like that one treasure map over by the Forgotten Prison). 

The Forgotten Prison? I have not seen that one yet.

I am mainly bouncing from one bandit hidey-hole to the next, ambushing imperial and high elf patrols and amassing supplies for my house I am building.

• Like 1

I stand corrected...it's called the Abandoned Prison...Across the river there is a collapsed building on the bank. Inside there is a body (Lucky Lorenz) with a treasure map. http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/Abandoned_Prison

I just killed my 2nd Dragon tonight.....of course, I had to kill him twice because just after I killed it the first time, some dumbass guard ran over to me and smacked me with his sword while I was distracted absorbing the dragon soul.

I've been having lock-up issues (Normal Bethesda bullshit) when shifting from one area to another tonight, so I'm taking a frustration break.

I've also decided that tonight's goal will be the purchase of my 1st property. I need to come up with an additional 1500 gold to make that dream a reality. So I'm running around killing creatures and fast traveling back to Whiterun when I get close to my carry limit and selling everything off...and that's why the damn system is locking up repeatedly.  

30 minutes ago, hugglebunn-e said:

make sure to adopt a kid to keep your house clean.

I agree, even lizards should use slave and child labor. The Dunmeri wisdom applies to all of Nirn, and the only regret you'd have following it is you were not born a Dunmer to begin with :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

That's right accumulate those dragon souls.

I liked Fellglow Keep. Neat little detail with releasing the vampires to attack the mages.

And make sure to adopt a kid to keep your house clean.

I musta done something wrong cause when I went thru the Keep all the Vampires were already dead. Now I see what benefit adoption merits. I've had a kid pestering me in Whiterun. I think I'll put him to work. First though I still have to find where I can get some furnishings. I read the home ownership manual, just need to find the where the IKEA Store is.... 

5 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I musta done something wrong cause when I went thru the Keep all the Vampires were already dead. Now I see what benefit adoption merits. I've had a kid pestering me in Whiterun. I think I'll put him to work. First though I still have to find where I can get some furnishings. I read the home ownership manual, just need to find the where the IKEA Store is.... 

That's no good. The Vampires did all of the heavy lifting for me and then that little wizard guy helped me a little the rest of the way. The poor little wizard must have gotten the PTSD b/c I just found him in Winterhold and he seems to still think he is in the dungeon.

I think when next I play I am going to go find a necklace for a cat guy and then make a potion for a different cat guy for his Satan worshipen. Then maybe go up the mountain to talk to the old guys.

• Like 1

I didn't see any of that. I just stumbled onto the keep, wandered inside and laid my version of the Bang-Shaka-Lacka on 'em. I'm guessing that there is a mission surrounding this place that I've probably screwed up now. :(

Oh, I see there is a trophy for adoption. Looks like I'm headed to Wal-Mart to pick me up a lil one.

36 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I didn't see any of that. I just stumbled onto the keep, wandered inside and laid my version of the Bang-Shaka-Lacka on 'em. I'm guessing that there is a mission surrounding this place that I've probably screwed up now. :(

Oh, I see there is a trophy for adoption. Looks like I'm headed to Wal-Mart to pick me up a lil one.

Was there a boss lady? I am guessing that maybe the dungeon has different baddies when you are doing the quest.

• Like 1

Stewards sell furnishings for houses (except the homesteads you can build in Falkreath, Hjaalmarch, and The Pale). This is the same person you bought the house from, which for Whiterun can either be Proventus Avenicci or Brill, depending on where you're at in the Civil War quests.

Fellglow Keep is the location for a quest you do for the College of Winterhold after you join them. You can't break the quest before its assigned to you, because certain sections of the dungeon can't be accessed until then.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Was there a boss lady? I am guessing that maybe the dungeon has different baddies when you are doing the quest.

No...I don't remember a boss at all. It wasn't much of a challenge just doing the regular run-through.

Stewards sell furnishings for houses (except the homesteads you can build in Falkreath, Hjaalmarch, and The Pale). This is the same person you bought the house from, which for Whiterun can either be Proventus Avenicci or Brill, depending on where you're at in the Civil War quests.

Fellglow Keep is the location for a quest you do for the College of Winterhold after you join them. You can't break the quest before its assigned to you, because certain sections of the dungeon can't be accessed until then.

Good to know...thanks for the info. Now I need to track that bald bastage down again in the castle. He was a pain in the arse to find the first time around once I had the money for the house.

Is this a common design for the dungeons to keep you from breaking quests?

Just now, PSXtreme_ said:

No...I don't remember a boss at all. It wasn't much of a challenge just doing the regular run-through.

Good to know...thanks for the info. Now I need to track that bald bastage down again in the castle. He was a pain in the arse to find the first time around once I had the money for the house.

As @damon8r351 said it is a quest for the magic school and there is a little boss that ties into the dungeon. So you will be going back there later.

The bald guy goes to that big open room with a balcony quite a bit. The room that looks like it is going to have a story event later in the game.

• Like 1

Well, I've now acquired my own Mini-Me Slave...um...er...I mean I've adopted myself a human child to help me grow into a more complete Lizard. It was a lot of tracking people down and finding out you have to meet Mr. bald Dude in the Keep and not his quarters to get the house upgrades...then I had to retrack down the kid because, of course once I got the child's room set up, she was no where to be found... SMH.

Anyway...now I'm off to see what my new interior looks like...

Well, it was an absolutely HORRIBLE day in the kingdom. I got nowhere. Spent the entire afternoon trying out new places, caves, hideouts...get 3 steps inside and then die a bloody, splat-filled death at the hands of whatever was right inside...respawn...wash, rinse and repeat....

The ONLY two things that did get done was that I cleared out the mine full of spiders (after only dying once...yes I even died at the pincers of the spiders) and I finally collected 10 bear skins for that one lumbermill chick. Besides that...NOTHING!

That's it for me and sober gaming...from now on...I have to have an adult beverage within reach...so at least when I die, I get to taste a lovely potion of rejuvenation as the character respawns...