A Drunken Naked Lizard goes to Skyrim

PSXtreme_

Dungeons on Skyrim have a pre-determined difficulty, which means the enemies there scale related to you between a preset level variable. However they're also locked to the level as you first enter the dungeon. Say, you enter a dungeon that scales between levels 10-20 with a level 8 character, the enemies will spawn as the preset lowest level 10. If you got a whooping, you can now go farm elsewhere and return once your own level is higher. The enemies at the dungeon are still level 10 and should be a piece of cake this time. If you want to exploit this, you could of course go run inside every dungeon in vicinity and then start doing overworld stuff for XP :P

Cleared dungeons will slowly repopulate and IIRC will then scale without limits, though there's no reason to go to a cleared dungeon unless you missed a quest there.

The overall gameworld is mostly scaling linearly, meaning the enemies are always the same level you are (though there are mobs, like giants, that spawn at a preset level).

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Leveling#Effects_of_Leveling

Be glad you aren't on Oblivion. That game still had the oldschool way of choosing primary, secondary and alternative skills according to your playstyle, and you gained levels the enemies scaled to based on how much you used those skills. So you thought sneak would be a good primary for a thief? Nope, you raise levels pickpocketing in local town faster you can believe, and jump four levels in a flash. Except now the goblin mob outside hits you four times as hard you hit them, because your damage dealing and defense isn't leveled at all. So basically you needed to put exactly the things you don't normally use in primary (unless they're fighting skills) or potentially make the game impossible to beat before you even started :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MythRaider1994 said:

Have you explored the ruins beneath Markarth yet? Hopefully drunken naked lizards don't mind spiders.

I don't believe so...Naked Drunken Lizards DO mind spiders...as they were a pain in the ass down in that mine I cleared out as a sub-task. I actually got killed one and they weren't much of a challenge. 

Just leveled up to 16 and FINALLY reached Winterhaven...that damn snowcat, bear, frost snake or whatever combo just kept killing me over and over. I finally got thru but lost my horse and companion in the process. Now I'm overburdened and trudging thru town looking for a place to sell off this extra gear...

Woe is the life of an Adventurer... Bar Wench!!! MORE MEAD HERE!!!!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I don't believe so...Naked Drunken Lizards DO mind spiders...as they were a pain in the ass down in that mine I cleared out as a sub-task. I actually got killed one and they weren't much of a challenge. 

Just leveled up to 16 and FINALLY reached Winterhaven...that damn snowcat, bear, frost snake or whatever combo just kept killing me over and over. I finally got thru but lost my horse and companion in the process. Now I'm overburdened and trudging thru town looking for a place to sell off this extra gear...

Woe is the life of an Adventurer... Bar Wench!!! MORE MEAD HERE!!!!

I need to go back to Winterhold b/c I never really spoke to much of anyone in that town. First I was distracted by Magic School, then was distracted by looking for necklaces from the zambamboes brothers, then there was the RedBird Sword Satan worshipers, then there was house building 101 (by the way if you are going to build a house later make sure to start saving iron), and now I am about to go hunt an emo werewolf.

Does anyone know a good in-game method of leveling up my one handed skills?

I've been using a mace. I'm on my 3rd version of it now...this one is a Dwarven Mace that has 20d. It allows you to also have one hand open for spell casting, which helps when I want to set the world on FIRE!!!

I just got into the school and am currently taking the tour. Of course, my ADD got in my way and I had to clear the portals before continuing the tour.

Once I finish lunch I'll go give that a try.

Just escaped from prison :yay:

I figure that the Ladies would be more attracted to the Bad Boy lizard...

Spoiler
Spoiler

Single Fathers need to use all types of tricks to get the chicks

EDIT: Well I found it..and I'm now Dead. :(

Edited by PSXtreme_

14 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Ha. And, what did you find?

Spoiler

Dragon #4

After dying 1/2 dozen times I had to take a break. So I played some Lollipop Chainsaw and did my cute teenie-bopper cheerleader vs. the undead masses impersonation. Trust me...the cosplay was NOT pretty...:o

• 1 year later...

After a year and a half, I've decided to give Skyrim another go...Picked a different class and went the Elf route for this character...He's a happy gent who enjoys long walks in the forest and picking locks on all types of chests. So far as of just now reaching Level 13, he's killed 3 dragons, bought a house in White Run (fully furnished) and a patch of land for a second and now is working his way SE across the map looking for that island Solstheim...

Image result for skyrim wood elf meme

Cleared out the Halted Stream Camp to get THIS exploit....

Transmute Mineral Ore Spell. You can find the spellbook for this in the mine part of Halted Stream Camp, in the plains north of Whiterun. This spell will turn one piece of iron ore into silver ore, or one piece of silver ore into gold ore, if one of these things are in your inventory. It's an adept-level Alteration spell, so if your character is a warrior-type with only the starting amount of 100 magicka, it's going to drain a significant amount of your magicka for each casting. It prioritizes changing silver into gold first, so if you're trying to create 2 silver ore to create a silver ingot, you need to drop or store your first silver ore first. Why this spell is useful is that it turns cheap and plentiful iron ore into more expensive and rarer silver and gold ore, which can be used to create ingots and combined with the various gemstones you find to forge jewelry at a smithy. The Smithing skill grows faster if the item you're forging has a higher value, and jewelry is perfect for this. Jewelry can be sold at a profit, far better than just selling the raw gemstones, increasing your Speechcraft skill and improving your purchase prices at merchants. The jewelry can also be enchanted at an enchantment table, increasing that skill as well.

Finally hit that 100 locations discovered trophy tonight...Still have yet to really scratch the surface of this game....I'm not even 19th level yet and have a ton of uncompleted adventures yet to do...I DEFINITELY need to get more liqueur...but this DEFINITELY is the new age version of AD&D....

Related image

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/31/2017 at 6:05 AM, ars said:

Be glad you aren't on Oblivion. That game still had the oldschool way of choosing primary, secondary and alternative skills according to your playstyle, and you gained levels the enemies scaled to based on how much you used those skills. So you thought sneak would be a good primary for a thief? Nope, you raise levels pickpocketing in local town faster you can believe, and jump four levels in a flash. Except now the goblin mob outside hits you four times as hard you hit them, because your damage dealing and defense isn't leveled at all. So basically you needed to put exactly the things you don't normally use in primary (unless they're fighting skills) or potentially make the game impossible to beat before you even started :D

LOL. Oblivion's system was easy to game, but what a pain it was if you didn't know how it worked.

• 6 months later...