All Missions Successfully Completed (Alone)

Sergen

Just now, DaivRules said:

With the extra cost of a 2nd system and a turbo controller, wouldn't it be easier, more fun and better to just play with a friend?

I guess congrats?

I do play with friends, I just wanted to see how possible it would be to do these missions without one of them. The "extra cost" wasn't an issue for me, I have 6 PS3s and 6 turbo controllers, I help myself out a lot if I ever need to boost the online trophies for games hahaha. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SERGEN NoGlitchTwirl said:

I do play with friends, I just wanted to see how possible it would be to do these missions without one of them. The "extra cost" wasn't an issue for me, I have 6 PS3s and 6 turbo controllers, I help myself out a lot if I ever need to boost the online trophies for games hahaha. 

Do the vita version next with no human player

37 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

Mrw reading the OP

Original post said something along the lines of "couldn't this be a status update?" and that I shouldn't have made a thread about this. 

You are aware we're on the forum for the game right? You can see the threads that were made for this game by looking at the trophy list, this thread was made in regards to a trophy on this game, why don't you report the thread and see what the mods have to say about it? 

Edited by SERGEN NoGlitchTwirl
  • Like 1

Just now, SERGEN NoGlitchTwirl said:

You are aware we're on the forum for the game right? You can see the threads that were made for this game by looking at the trophy list, this thread was made in regards to a trophy on this game, why don't you report the thread and see what the mods have to say about it? 

Report it for what? Excessive boasting in a public forum? 

9 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

Report it for what? Excessive boasting in a public forum? 

Actually, this was something that someone challenged people to do. I argued with them back then saying it would be impossible to do that, however then I realised I could try to do it with 2 PS3s alone, that still counts as not being helped by someone else. This thread wasn't supposed to offend anyone, so if you're offended then I apologise. I don't know why you'd be offended though, over the years people call the team missions insane and say that you "need a very good partner", I only needed myself as a partner. Are you gonna change your post again to try and make it look like I was bullying you? Hahahaha. 

Here's the post that set the challenge

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SERGEN NoGlitchTwirl said:

Actually, this was something that someone challenged people to do. I argued with them back then saying it would be impossible to do that, however then I realised I could try to do it with 2 PS3s alone, that still counts as not being helped by someone else. This thread wasn't supposed to offend anyone, so if you're offended then I apologise. I don't know why you'd be offended though, over the years people call the team missions insane and say that you "need a very good partner", I only needed myself as a partner. Are you gonna change your post again to try and make it look like I was bullying you? Hahahaha. 

Here's the post that set the challenge

You did all that because of one post? One persons 'respect'? 

Bruh, you played yourself. 

I changed my post because I thought of something better to say. You couldn't bully me if you tried lmao. 

4 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

I changed my post because I thought of something better to say. You couldn't bully me if you tried lmao. 

I didn't work very hard to do this, heck I've done it twice. I just got bored one day and thought of something to do in the game that someone else never did before and this was it and because it's in regards to a trophy, I thought I'd show the trophy hunters on this site that it is possible to do this alone if you have two PS3s and a turbo controller. A lot of people this year have two PS3s now so they could help themselves rather than trying to seek out a co-op partner, if they're up for the challenge. What did this thread have to do with you anyway? You haven't got the game on your trophy list. Although you mock me for making a video that goes against popular opinion of the platinum for this game, is there any point I made in that video that provided incorrect information about exploits of the game that make it easier? :)

Edited by SERGEN NoGlitchTwirl
  • Like 2

Just now, SERGEN NoGlitchTwirl said:

I didn't work very hard to do this, heck I've done it twice. I just got bored one day and thought of something to do in the game that someone else never did before and this was it and because it's in regards to a trophy, I thought I'd show the trophy hunters on this site that it is possible to do this alone if you have two PS3s and a turbo controller. A lot of people this year have two PS3s now so they could help themselves rather than trying to seek out a co-op partner, if they're up for the challenge. What did this thread have to do with you anyway? You haven't got the game on your trophy list. Although you mock me for making a video that goes against popular opinion of the platinum for this game, is there any point part of that video that provided incorrect information about exploits of the game that make it easier? :)

You made a 14 minute video, debunking a subjective rating of a 9 year old video game. 

You did a 2 player run by yourself because some random chick was like, that would get my respect. 

You ever just think you shouldn't care bro? 

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool achievement and I'm sure the ninja gaiden 2 veteran community that may or may not exist, might truly appreciate it. Idk. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

You made a 14 minute video, debunking a subjective rating of a 9 year old video game. 

You did a 2 player run by yourself because some random chick was like, that would get my respect. 

You ever just think you shouldn't care bro? 

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool achievement and I'm sure the ninja gaiden 2 veteran community that may or may not exist, might truly appreciate it. Idk. :dunno:

I could have made the video earlier, you're right. But I still see people to this day going on forums or telling people that the platinum for the game is insane and a 10/10 difficulty game although they used exploits that make it much easier than it should be. The platinum for the game is still obtainable, so the video still has some relevance and hopefully it gets people who would otherwise be afraid to try the game out on the basis that it's a "hard platinum" to try it out. I still have people asking me for help with the team missions on a regular basis, so there is still a demand for this game. I also have friends that do play it with me daily. I have enjoyed this game for around 2000 hours so I was looking for more challenges for this game that could test my skills. I recently did a run of Master Ninja 03 solo with counters only and the weakest 1 hit Triangle  attack. I don't play my favourite game solely for the approval of other people, but hey if someone wants to challenge me to do shit on the PS3 version then by all means, I will accept as long as it's humanly possible. I normally like to do things that don't rely on another person's participation in the mission because I don't like to bug others to do missions with me if it's a grindy requirement that I must do. I'm sure we've all had a game that we play for fun regardless of what other people think about it, to me this is the game. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SERGEN NoGlitchTwirl said:

I could have made the video earlier, you're right. But I still see people to this day going on forums or telling people that the platinum for the game is insane and a 10/10 difficulty game although they used exploits that make it much easier than it should be. The platinum for the game is still obtainable, so the video still has some relevance and hopefully it gets people who would otherwise be afraid to try the game out on the basis that it's a "hard platinum" to try it out. I still have people asking me for help with the team missions on a regular basis, so there is still a demand for this game. I also have friends that do play it with me daily. I have enjoyed this game for around 2000 hours so I was looking for more challenges for this game that could test my skills. I recently did a run of Master Ninja 03 solo with counters only and the weakest 1 hit Triangle  attack. I don't play my favourite game solely for the approval of other people, but hey if someone wants to challenge me to do shit on the PS3 version then by all means, I will accept as long as it's humanly possible. I normally like to do things that don't rely on another person's participation in the mission because I don't like to bug others to do missions with me if it's a grindy requirement that I must do. I'm sure we've all had a game that we play for fun regardless of what other people think about it, to me this is the game. 

What's worse? Overrating or underrating? I think underrating is worse. 

Ninja Gaiden is hard. Hence why people want your help. A 10/10 probably not. But it's subjective and actually believable that NG was the hardest game the 10/10 rater has ever played. 

When people start giving child of eden 3/10, you know all they're interested in, is publically admitting they have autism. 

I can personally respect them for that, it takes balls being so brave, you know what I'm saying? 

Playing for the challenge is good. I can dig that. Playing for respect or bragging rights is just sad imo as we're gaming lmao. 

Gaming achievements do not translate in the real world very well. So getting actual respect for your gaming achievements is close to impossible. 

I doubt dark rose even gives a fuck that you've done it. Shame. Least you can say you've done something cool in NG2 I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

What's worse? Overrating or underrating? I think underrating is worse. 

Ninja Gaiden is hard. Hence why people want your help. A 10/10 probably not. But it's subjective and actually believable that NG was the hardest game the 10/10 rater has ever played. 

When people start giving child of eden 3/10, you know all they're interested in, is publically admitting they have autism. 

I can personally respect them for that, it takes balls being so brave, you know what I'm saying? 

Playing for the challenge is good. I can dig that. Playing for respect or bragging rights is just sad imo as we're gaming lmao. 

Gaming achievements do not translate in the real world very well. So getting actual respect for your gaming achievements is close to impossible. 

I doubt dark rose even gives a fuck that you've done it. Shame. Least you can say you've done something cool in NG2 I suppose. 

I don't care what Rose_Dark thinks about what I did, I just recently remembered it was a challenge set by an ignorant trophy hunter, I doubt they'd be able to do the missions the way I've done them for the past 4 years. You wouldn't understand what it's like when someone goes on the forums to rate the platinum for NGS2 as 10/10. They get my help and with me, I get 100% of the kills for them in the missions, then as soon as they get the platinum after doing the missions with me, they'll go on the forums to say "the missions were insane, you really need a good partner for this", not admitting that they used all the exploits in the book to get those missions done while every skill based thing was something I took care of. It's funny because people get massively ass licked for doing something like the co-op spec ops missions for Modern Warfare 2 on their own, but when I do a trophy that for years has been regarded by many as a trophy that stops people from getting a "10/10" platinum on my own, I get disrespected by people who have no knowledge of the game or any idea as to why I play the game. It was fun for me to do all these missions alone, I wouldn't put myself through something on my favourite game that would bore me to death, there are leaderboards for the game where someone can get the highest score by repeating the same move for 10+ hours, some of my friends pursue high scores on the leaderboards by doing this, this is something I wouldn't personally do. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 9:56 AM, Jeff said:

What I completely fail to realize is why you even bothered to continue the argument as far as you did when you don't even own the damn game......for that matter you don't own ANY hack & slash games! FFS the hardest game you even have is DOOM :giggle: 

How would you ever realize the satisfaction of actually beating a game which is hard as shit to the point of driving you insane. Yet one still keeps playing it to the point where you are very comfortable and then wanna try something different, something new and fresh!

This TYPE of thing Sergen did is nothing new but certainly fresh. People who master a game, which majority of the community agrees is hard, tend to do handicap playthroughs like a No Upgrade Run or full Stealth or No kills or No damage runs and even combinations of these. It's not to show off but for their own satisfaction. What Sergen has done is along the same lines. You basically NEED a partner for the team missions even if they are just going to twirl but having a Turbo controller, a 2nd PS3 and setting up the twirl himself Sergen has removed that requirement. Mind you this is not something just ANYONE could do. Even if you had the the equipment you would still require the skill to actually KILL everything vice versa even if you had the skills you would still need all of the equipment! So yeah, a hack & slash nut like myself I can definitely say that what Sergen has accomplished is worthy of praise. Its hella dope!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2017/1/24 at 1:20 PM, Sergen said:

I've decided to make this thread to show that it is possible to achieve the "All Missions Successfully Completed" Trophy without assistance from another human player. I have completed every mission on this game by myself by either playing that mission with a second PS3 console or with the AI partner. 

This thread will act as a celebration to those who have also accomplished this feat for this game. I do not blame anyone who won't be able to do this because it requires two PS3s and one turbo controller in order to work successfully. 

This playlist shows the runs of all these missions with either the AI partner or with my second PS3. The most difficult missions to complete were Mentor 05 and Master Ninja 04 with the AI partner, both missions require an insane amount of luck, but also a lot of awareness of the enemies of the map because one wrong move can cause the AI partner to get destroyed. The most difficult missions to do with my second PS3 were Master Ninja 05, because it was tough to set up the second PS3 twirl for this one, it kept not working and Ultimate Ninja 01 because I couldn't move my second PS3 to the ideal position so Alexei and Liz kept switching to where I was. 

@xDLl0YD091x has been making progress towards achieving this accomplishment for the game, he has successfully completed Ultimate Ninja 03 and 05 with video evidence that shows that he was capable of doing them with his second PS3. Here are links to his videos: Ultimate Ninja 03 and Ultimate Ninja 05. Hopefully soon he'll join me in the no human assistance club for this trophy. :D 

If any of you were wondering, although at the beginning of every video I make, I show off what the controller looked like when it was ready to twirl, below is the image of how my controller was set up. The controller that was used is the Hori FPS Plus and it is compatible with the PS3 and the PS4. The controller allows for the button you want to turbo to be turbo'd without placing an object over the button to hold it down, which is very beneficial for twirling the missions with a 2nd PS3 for this game. 

Pnq6Hhm.jpg

YOOOO its sregen the legend NGS2 player

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I don't have a second PS3 but is it possible to do this method using one PS3 and a PS4 since the game is on the PS Now service ? I wouldn't mind having to train a lot for this game but I'd like to know this before buying a turbo controller, thanks.

It would be possible to do that, but the game would lag very badly because a lot of your bandwidth would be used streaming the game. You need great internet to do the game with PS Now. I really recommend if you want to do the game in a fair way then you find a partner for the game who would twirl for you rather than trying this with 2 PS3s. It’s not something I would have tried without having the trophy already. 

Edited by Sergen