Error Message When Creating Trophy Guide

So I'm working on my first trophy guide and I'm receiving an error. The error is as follows:

"Error

Unable to init from given binary data."

I am trying to save my text under specific trophy. It is quite a large amount of text, and I am able to save the section with a smaller amount of text, but it is certainly not the largest amount of text that I've seen in a trophy guide.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Maybe there is a limit to the amount of text you can use on your first trophy guides and as you provide more for the community it allows you to have more content out there.

I mean, i doubt this is the case but its always a possibility.

Is there something in the rest of the text you have that might be tricking the system into thinking its some king of sql injection attack and its throwing and error to prevent harm? (maybe just another theory)

hopefully someone will respond soon with a real answer :D 

:) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferginator88 said:

So I'm working on my first trophy guide and I'm receiving an error. The error is as follows:

"Error

Unable to init from given binary data."

I am trying to save my text under specific trophy. It is quite a large amount of text, and I am able to save the section with a smaller amount of text, but it is certainly not the largest amount of text that I've seen in a trophy guide.

Any help would be appreciated.

This has happened to me before, I think it was a button symbol or an image that was causing the issue. My advice would be to strip out all buttons/symbols and images, save the basic text, then insert each image in again one by one. I know that's annoying, but it's somewhat the only way.

You can also try opening a new tab and saving all that data temporarily in another trophy or in the comments section of your guide (press the Code View button in the edit toolbar and copy & paste all that to another trophy temporarily).

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

This has happened to me before, I think it was a button symbol or an image that was causing the issue. My advice would be to strip out all buttons/symbols and images, save the basic text, then insert each image in again one by one. I know that's annoying, but it's somewhat the only way.

You can also try opening a new tab and saving all that data temporarily in another trophy or in the comments section of your guide (press the Code View button in the edit toolbar and copy & paste all that to another trophy temporarily).

So the first section of text did have the button prompts (the prompts were saved and no issue), but I went back and removed the prompts and I was able to save the text.

I was then able to add the prompts back in and it saved. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 4