Ummmm....you have to purchase the unlockable themes?

Have just finished fragmented passage and X back cover, and both are great before anyone says anything, but apparently instead of unlocking themes like with the prior two collections, you have to unlock the "ability" to purchase the themes. Apparently the themes don't even include music. 

GG Square.

Edited by TheAveryChu

It's a good business strategy, it makes the themes exclusive since you have to own the collection and they make more money from it.

Square Enix has always been at the forefront of innovation.

It's also a lot easier to implement themes without accompanying music. Can't stress out the programmers too much.

I got a reply from SE support.

" Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for the delay in our response. The team looked into this issue and found that the game is working as intended. We do apologize, but as there does not appear to be any issues with the game itself, we are unable to provide any further assistance. 

Please note, completing KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue will only unlock the ability to purchase the PlayStation themes, it is not a reward that is received for free for beating the game. We do apologize for the confusion. 

Suggestions from our customers are always valued. While we cannot guarantee implementation we will surely pass this on to the developers. We thank you for contacting us, and we hope you continue to enjoy playing KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue, and best of luck in battle!

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center. "

I replied back asking why the themes are free in PAL and Japan, but cost money for the US, no reply yet.

27 minutes ago, Kasaix said:

I got a reply from SE support.

" Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for the delay in our response. The team looked into this issue and found that the game is working as intended. We do apologize, but as there does not appear to be any issues with the game itself, we are unable to provide any further assistance. 

Please note, completing KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue will only unlock the ability to purchase the PlayStation themes, it is not a reward that is received for free for beating the game. We do apologize for the confusion. 

Suggestions from our customers are always valued. While we cannot guarantee implementation we will surely pass this on to the developers. We thank you for contacting us, and we hope you continue to enjoy playing KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue, and best of luck in battle!

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center. "

I replied back asking why the themes are free in PAL and Japan, but cost money for the US, no reply yet.

'Unlock the ability to purchase" HAHAHA, tell me this a sick joke man ):

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAveryChu said:

So this seems to be more of an issue of the North American branch of Sony or Square being particularly greedy. What a joke. 

You can thank American commercial laws for that. Consumer protection is next to shit in the US compared to other countries.

For example, you can get a full refund on a digital preorder on PSN in the UK, but in the US it's a final sale with no terms of reimbursement. And they are in their perfect legal rights to do so because 'Murica.

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 2

I didn't even know there were themes for beating the games until after I beat them.  I don't mind purchasing one of the themes if they are good. I just wish there were avatars. 

Edit: But if they are supposed to be free, that's pretty crappy SE. I think beating the game should be enough. 

Edited by Lilseb93