Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Trophy Thoughts

So we don't have a firm release date yet but here is the trophy list, so it can't be too far away, I guess.

Anyway, what do you think? I'm surprised there isn't one for completing the Sky Pirate's Den or getting the Zodiac Spear, although aside from that there is about what you would honestly expect from this game and it covers most of the bases pretty well and covers a very broad range. Some of the Bronze trophies are a bit too easy, though and probably could have been something else. Doing every Concurrence is certainly very difficult if the original game is anything to go by. Don't think I ever did that. 

Yeah, I was surprised to see this pop up here. Makes me think it may possibly release at the FF 30th Anniversary event next Tuesday.

In terms of the trophies, I agree the Concurrence one will be a pain as it can be a little dependent on the RNG to get a couple of those last few. No real surprises though, most of these are ripped straight from the Sky Pirate's Den. The two I don't recognize are the last two, in reference to the trials. Is that something that was exclusive to the International version and wasn't included in the NA one?

Edited by izzyrules
correcting a typo

27 minutes ago, izzyrules said:

Yeah, I was surprised to see this pop up here. Makes me think it may possibly release at the FF 30th Anniversary event next Tuesday.

In terms of the trophies, I agree the Concurrence one will be a pain as it can be a little dependent on the RNG to get a couple of those last few. No real surprises though, most of these are ripped straight from the Sky Pirate's Den. The two I don't recognize are the last time, in reference to the trials. Is that something that was exclusive to the International version and wasn't included in the NA one?

The Trails mode was on the International mode, it allowed you to load up your current save and use your current party team in you guessed it 100 battles.
However I thought NA also got this mode so unless it was released at a later date or something like that, I don't remember.

As for this list It is basically what I excepted the list to be, I was hoping they would leave out some of things like trail mode and a certain boss battle but they put them in there.

Edited by fisty123

Surprised there isn't one for like hitting max level or fully completing a license board. Surprised there isn't a specific trophy for Omega Weapon Mark XII, but you'll probably have to fight it anyway for the Bestiary trophy. Again, a little surprised there isn't a trophy for completing every hunt, but I think you have to do every hunt or almost every hunt to even fight Yiazmat anyway and you need it for the Bestiary anyway. In regards to the trial thing, that was International only. Apparently #97 or something like that is a lower HP version of Yiazmat. I haven't looked into it much, but I just hope there's some checkpoint system where you don't have to do the entire thing again if you mess up and die near the end of the trial.

30 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

Two things came to my mind when I saw this list:

1. I absolutely ADORE the trophy art.

2. I don't love FFXII enough to do most of these things again unless there's a FFVII style 3x fast-forward button.

Agree completely on the trophy art.

There is a fast-forward button for this (as can be seen in this gameplay footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik8VZjU9dYg)

I really loved FFXII. Stunning visually for the PS2 and actually the first Final Fantasy that I stuck with for more than 100h.

I will give it another go! I hope the trophy list appearing now means it's coming out soon! :)

ugh. excited but sad too lol. if they announce this as digital only.... dammit. if physicals are February or something then it'll be hard to juggle this and Nioh(Nioh looks incredible), but if its end of Feb early March then it combats Horizon and Nier. if late March it'll get swallowed by Mass Effect Andromeda.

either way as soon as a release date for physicals is announced I'm grabbing it

19 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Cant wait to fight and beat Yiazmat AGAIN!!!

he was way too easy tho. no challenge. just time consuming 

1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

ugh. excited but sad too lol. if they announce this as digital only.... dammit. if physicals are February or something then it'll be hard to juggle this and Nioh(Nioh looks incredible), but if its end of Feb early March then it combats Horizon and Nier. if late March it'll get swallowed by Mass Effect Andromeda.

either way as soon as a release date for physicals is announced I'm grabbing it

he was way too easy tho. no challenge. just time consuming 

Just like Adamantoise in FFXV, theres always a faster way...

Its been awhile but I remember it didnt take more than 2 hours for me, for Yiazmat.

Gilgamesh was a fun fight too for the Genji Gloves. Genji Gloves were pretty horrible in FFXV...

Oh, how I remember my days with this on the PS2! I only beat a handful of Square Enix RPGs in the old days, and this was one of them.

As for the list, I suspected this list would play out somewhat like this. Zodiark was the one Esper I never got in the old days. Redemption much? And I never even got to Yiazmat... but I will now! *evil laugh*

I could be wrong, but this Platinum might end up being rarer than people are thinking initially. I'm not going to guess how rare right now, but it will be interesting to me to see where this ends up compared to other Final Fantasy titles.

On a side note, I concur with everyone about the trophy artwork. It is of an unexpected style... and a very nice one.

All in all, the challenge is where I thought it would be. For some reason, I don't seem to mind. Time to return to Ivalice!