Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Trophy Thoughts

I'm really looking forward to replaying this one.

I thought there would have been a trophy for obtaining the Zodiac Spear.

There could have even been a trophy for obtaining a Ribbon. I remember farming Ribbons for hours trying to get enough of them for my party.

Should be fun.

This is going to be a 150+ hour platinum easily, I did literally everything here back on PS2 and my save file tallied at 220+ hours, but I took my time in regards to certain things.

Count your blessings that the trophy list doesn't require every ultimate weapon, because some of them are ridiculous. The best dagger in the game drops off a rare monster that is in one of the secret dungeons, and it's spawn rate is abysmal.

If completing the bestiary requires fighting all the rare monsters as well, that will be the most difficult / time consuming trophy most likely. There are RARE monsters, like an MMO. With spawn / drop rates to follow.

None of the super-boss trophies are difficult. I remember all those fights very well and there are well-known strategies and gambit setups for all of them.

Edited by FearForDignity

I was sceptical about this game trophy list since FFXV's one is piss easy but damn I AM IN LOVE. 

Honestly cannot wait, FFXII was not only the first FF I played but also the first RPG I ever played and I invested 100+ hours into it without touching any other single game. One of the few games where I actually enjoy the grind.

high summoner trophy will gonna be a pain in the ass, at least for me.

back in the ps2 I never managed to beat the last summoned beast thingy, due to how cheap it was, will use a magic of some sort that make him immune to any kind of damage or attack?.... really squeenix?

the funny thing is that these things are almost impossible to beat ( most of them are even WAY more powerful than the final boss ) but when catch one and summon it to fight alone your side a level 4 enemy at the very beginning of the game can bring them down in a few hits.

3 hours ago, crusher_1220 said:

Seems like no missables? This is the only main series FF I have missed...can't wait!

there are trophies about beat some of the bosses and espers, as far as I remember some of these bosses are hidden and can only be found at a specific situation to be met, probably those were the ones that will cause their trophies to be missables. 

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

Everyone is talking about the Zodiac Spear. Is there something special? What I remember was that you couldn't open certain treasure chests, but that was it.

I love FFXII, but honestly, these trophies aren't very exciting to me. Like others, the concurrence trophy is unappealing (I never liked the concurrences anyway - they always felt totally random to me.

4 hours ago, Icebrand1270 said:

I could be wrong, but this Platinum might end up being rarer than people are thinking initially. I'm not going to guess how rare right now, but it will be interesting to me to see where this ends up compared to other Final Fantasy titles.

Maybe, but FFXII is more divisive than FFX. It's great, but there are lots of people that hate it.  I would guess that the people that buy it are doing so precisely because they want to do this crap again.

9 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

back in the ps2 I never managed to beat the last summoned beast thingy, due to how cheap it was, will use a magic of some sort that make him immune to any kind of damage or attack?.... really squeenix?

I liked FFXII, but the "palings" were really stupid. There had to be a better way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I liked FFXII, but the "palings" were really stupid. There had to be a better way.

I heard they gonna to fix the problems that made the original game super frustrating to finish some of the battles in it in the HD remaster, don't know if this is true, we'll just gonna wait and see.

Loving the trophy art and the trophies themselves (certainly could have been some additional ones in there for doing absolutely everything, but I'm still happy with this list) though I wish Penelo wasn't the platinum image :P

Best Malboro designs in FF even to this day. That trophy is going in my cabinet so I'll need to revamp that away from the Tonberry/Cactuar/Chocobo system.

Based on some of the posts, it appears some people aren't entirely aware of the International Zodiac Job System's changes to the game that this version also uses: summary. Really looking forward to trying out this version finally ^^ Yay for also being able to set guests and summons as the party leaders instead of these regular old boring main characters :P

1 minute ago, zadorvp said:

Based on some of the posts, it appears some people aren't entirely aware of the International Zodiac Job System's changes to the game that this version also uses: summary. Really looking forward to trying out this version finally ^^ Yay for also being able to set guests and summons as the party leaders instead of these regular old boring main characters :P

Before I even look, I freely admit that I'm not aware of these changes (it's one of the reasons I'm really interested in this re-release).

• Like 2

FFXII was so underrated when it came out. I bought it a year after, when the PS3 was already out and I had to choose between a PS3 and the game. I still don't regret my choice as this was one of the best Final Fantasy games. Much, much better than X-2 which I thought was absolutely horrendous.

To be honest, I expected this to release in fall or winter. There wasn't an announcement yet but seeing the trophy list already is a little strange. 

• Like 2

There are no missables.Cartographer could be missable but if i remember from Sky Pirate's Den,one time areas didn't count.Also there is nothing you can miss for the bestiary.Although we have to wait and see if we need every entry for each enemy or the trophy unlocks by defeating everything once.There is no trophy for getting every weapon or accessory (some of them are missable).The only thing i don't know about is the trials

7 hours ago, Chris-1341890 said:

When i purchased KH 2.8 yesterday there was a pullout sheet with games and upcoming games and one was Final Fantasy The Zodiac Age and it said it releases in April but i forget the release date. 

I think you are mistaking it with KH 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX, There is no FFXII in the pullout sheet(with my version)

7 hours ago, Rose_Dark said:

I was hoping there would be a trophy for the zodiac spear

58 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm thoroughly disappointed that there isn't a trophy for being pwned by the T-Rex at the beginning of the game! Ugh!

This is bringing back memories. Being scared to open any treasure chest fearing that I wouldn't get the zodiac spear, not moving past westersand (or estersand can't remember) until I was able to take down that T-Rex, wondering what that glowing, floating, ball was in the sandstorms and finding out the hard way when it one shot Fran for trying to buff my party. I can't wait for this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm thoroughly disappointed that there isn't a trophy for being pwned by the T-Rex at the beginning of the game! Ugh!

But seriously, who didn't try? I grinded the shit out of Vaan because I thought a little bit of grinding might make it easier but nope, 1-hit kill. But when I finally beat that sucker, to me the game was over. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chris-1341890 said:

When i purchased KH 2.8 yesterday there was a pullout sheet with games and upcoming games and one was Final Fantasy The Zodiac Age and it said it releases in April but i forget the release date. 

Really? That's pretty awesome, can you post a pic of the pullout sheet?

4 hours ago, HDstay_WINNING said:

This is bringing back memories. Being scared to open any treasure chest fearing that I wouldn't get the zodiac spear, not moving past westersand (or estersand can't remember) until I was able to take down that T-Rex, wondering what that glowing, floating, ball was in the sandstorms and finding out the hard way when it one shot Fran for trying to buff my party. I can't wait for this game.

I still remember exactly 80% of everything about this game, including side-quests! I want to return and defeating yiazmat (without saving in the middle of the battle, as many people do :P ) in relation to the zodiac spear, I still remember that i got it in phase 2 dig in the mines :D

The "easy" Zodiac Spear isn't even in the same place in this version of the game, so you'll have to acquire it from other methods. Overall, this is a much better trophy list than FFXV's list, as it encompasses pretty much everything about the game, even if they ripped the trophies from the Sky Pirate's Den (apart from the Trials). Speak of the Trials, the final battle is definitely the hardest battle in the game.