Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Trophy Thoughts

Killing Zodiac is more challenging than getting the spear itself. Why no trophy for getting tournesol or so? Much more difficult!

Apart from that. Most trophies ripped from Sky Den? The Den was basicly our trophy cabinet so why wouldnt it be? Im perfectly okay with that. Even though id love form 1 gold to be completing the whole SkyPD :D

1 hour ago, sephirothdude said:

So what time is the square event today?

It's on January 31st...

Can't freaking wait for this! Although, bit annoyed that they put in a trophy for Yiazmat, I HAAAATED that fight!
But I think they didn't include a trophy for the Zodiac Spear so there wouldn't be any missables...

• Like 1

Since there's a trophy for getting all of the magicks, does that mean you HAVE to devote one character to being a Time Mage for the upper tier magicks it has? Or are those available thru another job? I'd rather not have to devote someone to Time Mage if I don't have to.

Of course, if they let you switch jobs (fingers crossed) this concern goes away...

Edited by izzyrules
add comment

I think you can buy all Magicks. The Jobs are only necessary to unlock those for usage. At least that is how it worked for the vanilla version of the game. 

But the trophy description is "Learned every Magick.", so I don't know if they mean the licences from the job boards or not ...

13 hours ago, Akimitsu782 said:

The "easy" Zodiac Spear isn't even in the same place in this version of the game, so you'll have to acquire it from other methods. Overall, this is a much better trophy list than FFXV's list, as it encompasses pretty much everything about the game, even if they ripped the trophies from the Sky Pirate's Den (apart from the Trials). Speak of the Trials, the final battle is definitely the hardest battle in the game.

Yup, the Zodiac Spear is actually pretty much easier to get now especiallywith no need to avoid chests :P Of course, it isn't the "best" (opinions vary on that, natch) weapon anymore anyways.

5 hours ago, StubbsDK said:

It's on January 31st...

Can't freaking wait for this! Although, bit annoyed that they put in a trophy for Yiazmat, I HAAAATED that fight!
But I think they didn't include a trophy for the Zodiac Spear so there wouldn't be any missables...

Crap I thought it was today :|

Edited by sephirothdude

Hrmmm...

Play-Asia is listing the release date for this game as Dec 2017...

Is it usual for a trophy list to appear 11 months before the game if that's the case?

Edited by Jigsy1

34 minutes ago, Jigsy1 said:

Hrmmm...

Play-Asia is listing the release date for this game as Dec 2017...

Is it usual for a trophy list to appear 11 months before the game if that's the case?

When there is no release date but a release year, stores/websites list December 30 as the release date. Probably a legal issue, they can't list it earlier as that could be considered false advertisement but if they wouldn't list it at all, they would lose potential customers. "Release in xx.xx.xx" sounds a lot better than "This article isn't yet available", especially because it's a nice green instead of an evil red looking font. 

17 hours ago, Jigsy1 said:

I personally would have loved to have seen "Get a 999 combo," "Defeat all Rare Monsters" trophies... just to be sadistic. :3

me too, but the hardest trophy would be, collect all weapons. Ive never obtained the sunblade the drop rates are crazy, you need to steal 2 Empyreal Souls from red chocobo lvl 99 and the respawn chance of that mob is 1:256 by a stealing chance of max 6%.... That would be a ultra rare trophy :DD

On 26-1-2017 at 5:42 AM, Bromic_LaMonte said:

Damn, that Yiazmat trophy HAD to be there, huh. That's the only thing i didn't do in the original release

actually there is a trophy for killing yiazmat :)

see here > https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5788-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age

also just for fun, i have made a topic a while ago with trophy predictions before the list existed: so here the link

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/39176-make-your-own-trophy-list-prediction-of-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-minor-spoilers/

Edited by yiazmat50112254

aww poor Vaan, even in the trophy list, he didn't get the plat xD... pretty surprising that it is Penelo(not complaining though, I love Penelo) instead of Ashe.

mmm.. getting all Summons and Yiazmat, haven't done it during PS2 days so I am so excited ^_^

9 minutes ago, JaM said:

aww poor Vaan, even in the trophy list, he didn't get the plat xD... pretty surprising that it is Penelo(not complaining though, I love Penelo) instead of Ashe.

mmm.. getting all Summons and Yiazmat, haven't done it during PS2 days so I am so excited ^_^

Boooooo

Ashe (buttocks) >>>>>> Penelo  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

As expected of the list though. This is gonna be just a grind but I do love the concept of this game.

Not a day one purchase for me though. Too much on my plate atm. 

• Like 1

Everyone seems to be dreading Yiazmat? Did they announce changes that no longer make him downable sub 10 min as in the original Zodiac?

Either way will be fine i suppose...anyways not a fan of the trophy pictures but glad they made most of the SP Den an individual trophy rather then 1 for completing it and adding stuff like obtaining all weapons and such nonsense. Assuming the 100 trials thing is where the 5 Judges are fought? Dont know if that will be hard for me but outside that tis an easy list as expected of FF so yay (: 

I'm dreading Yiazmat if the dead-character glitch gets patched as that's the only way I've ever managed to defeat the thing...

Hell Wyrm on the other hand just required me to set up gambits, be stocked up on Pheonix Downs and pretty much lay into the thing... oh, and having Reddas helped.

Edited by Jigsy1