Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Trophy Thoughts

I don't know what the trophy list for XV is but I'm glad to see an FF game with a trophy list that does not include all the "defeat all monsters", "defeat all monsters more than once to spawn a boss", and "obtain every item, accessory, weapon and anything else you don't care about". This one just looks like they've decided to make it challenging and that's it - which is good.

3 hours ago, GarryKE said:

I don't know what the trophy list for XV is but I'm glad to see an FF game with a trophy list that does not include all the "defeat all monsters", "defeat all monsters more than once to spawn a boss", and "obtain every item, accessory, weapon and anything else you don't care about". This one just looks like they've decided to make it challenging and that's it - which is good.

If that wasnt sarcasm then im afraid you overlooked a trophy :c The bestiary in XII can be an interesting read here and there though so theres that. Do agree that its glorious there is no obtaining all weapons trophy though.

2 hours ago, MythRaider1994 said:

I've never played this game before. Do people think it's gonna be easier or harder to platinum than FFX and X-2?

Considering that Yiazmat has 52 million HP... :P

Edited by Jigsy1

3 hours ago, MythRaider1994 said:

I've never played this game before. Do people think it's gonna be easier or harder to platinum than FFX and X-2?

They could always implement changes but based on the original Zodiac it will definitely be harder than both but still ultimately easy unless you prefer to do everything blind. Things like 4x speed and break damage limit trivialized Yiazmat to a fight of single digit minutes as opposed to hours and i can only imagine BDL cut Zodiark down to size as well considering it was a kill him ASAFP kind of fight in the original. Cant speak for the trials as a whole but ive only ever heard of the 5 Judges come up as a difficulty thing and yet even then just looking up a couple vids on Youtube there are set ups out there that allow gambits to do 99% of the fight without issue if you are so inclined. Also more abilities around to make the game as a whole easier as well.

As for going it completely on your own the three bosses above might give you notable trouble and it is one of the FFs that more people seem to struggle on as a whole from what ive seen. Hunting down the Espers is also likely to cause you grief with how some such as Ultima are found. But even with that the only thing that i would say would truly make it a hard plat without a guide is completing the bestiary...i wish you well in your endeavor if you take on the task.

21 hours ago, TheFalseDeity said:

If that wasnt sarcasm then im afraid you overlooked a trophy :c The bestiary in XII can be an interesting read here and there though so theres that. Do agree that its glorious there is no obtaining all weapons trophy though.

Nope, I wasn't being sarcastic. I didn't see the bestiary trophy! I'm going to do it nevertheless. It's one thing to fight every monster in a game at least once; it's something entirely different defeating ten of each monster just for an "optional" boss.

Plus the last time I played this game I was very young. Too young to know there were optional espers; the only out-of-the-ordinary (optional) boss I fought was Gilgamesh and I had no idea what happened near the end of the hunt missions. So it'll be nice to play it as an adult again but do everything I never knew about. Right now, though, all I remember is leaving my PS2 on overnight to level from bats and healing skeletons.

On 1/27/2017 at 10:08 AM, Ken Kaneki said:

Boooooo

Ashe (buttocks) >>>>>> Penelo  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

I think you're thinking of Fran. As far as I remember you don't see Ashe's buttocks. :D

Edited by Hemiak

On 01/02/2017 at 9:01 PM, Spinning Bird Kick said:

You can quit the battle anytime and go back.

On 01/02/2017 at 9:23 PM, Jigsy1 said:

Doesn't he regen, though?

Or else you accept the challenge of fighting from beginning to end without saving in the middle of the battle, to feel another pleasure in defeating him ! It was what i always did.
But everyone do as they want :)

I still remember playing this game, yet, not getting all that far into it.  I think it was cause I wasn't that good with the game, got stuck near the start of the game at the first boss battle against that unicorn.  But hey, I'm still all for playing this game to actually play through and beat the thing.

I love the platinum picture showing Penelo. Shame I can't paste it on this post. :(

Also, the Imperator trophy probably will kill my desire to play this game. If none of you know about the trials, the 100th one is a re-match against all five Judges, and they have a zillion hit points and do all sorts of gimmicks to ensure you can't gimp your way to victory(they use Curaja on you if you use Reverse). It seems impossible to me. Then again, I'm complaining about Sly 3's RC missions, so I tend to be scared off by anything remotely challenging. Go ahead and ostracize me. :S

At least you don't have to get the Order of Ambrosia rank to get the platinum. Gawd, some of the stuff you have to do to complete the Sky Pirate's Den is annoying.

Luckily, it won't be coming out until July. (The event revealed that the game will come out for North America in July.)

Edited by NebbyLunala

On 1/28/2017 at 2:42 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Are you interested in buying it? I thought you and I were the few that really disliked this game.

Not alone. When a company the size of squareenix comes out and says ya it's not good(paraphrasing) it's a good sign it's not good. 

I remember beating it and thinking wait... That's the story?? That's it? 

Never touched it since. Probably won't unless it's dirt cheap in a sale at some point in the future. 

Edited by Dav9834

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2017 at 2:06 AM, Seibei4211 said:

Surprised there isn't one for like hitting max level or fully completing a license board. Surprised there isn't a specific trophy for Omega Weapon Mark XII, but you'll probably have to fight it anyway for the Bestiary trophy. Again, a little surprised there isn't a trophy for completing every hunt, but I think you have to do every hunt or almost every hunt to even fight Yiazmat anyway and you need it for the Bestiary anyway. In regards to the trial thing, that was International only. Apparently #97 or something like that is a lower HP version of Yiazmat. I haven't looked into it much, but I just hope there's some checkpoint system where you don't have to do the entire thing again if you mess up and die near the end of the trial.

The 48000 LP is there in the place of completing License Board, in this version is impossible to learn all licenses with al characters at the same time, becaiuse of the new Job system.

On 25/01/2017 at 4:56 AM, darkamdusias said:

Two things came to my mind when I saw this list:

1. I absolutely ADORE the trophy art.

2. I don't love FFXII enough to do most of these things again unless there's a FFVII style 3x fast-forward button.

I didn't like the arts :(

I'm not a fan of Ryoma Ito art style. I prefer if they use Akihiko Yoshida arts. 

On 25/01/2017 at 5:18 AM, proton666 said:

Man… How can they justify including the “Lighting Dance” trophy in the FFX reboot and not have a Zodiac Spear trophy here? (I still have a reflex rage quit thing whenever I hear the Lighting Dance music… lol).

Zodiac Spear is not a thing anymore, you can get it easily this time around...

On 25/01/2017 at 5:41 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

No trophy for getting all weapons.....SE is really weak.At least they added a trophy for completing the bestiary

There's a super powerful weapon, and the chance of getting it is 1/10000.

On 25/01/2017 at 3:09 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

There are no missables.Cartographer could be missable but if i remember from Sky Pirate's Den,one time areas didn't count.Also there is nothing you can miss for the bestiary.Although we have to wait and see if we need every entry for each enemy or the trophy unlocks by defeating everything once.There is no trophy for getting every weapon or accessory (some of them are missable).The only thing i don't know about is the trials

No missable you automaticaly get maps from one time areas (excpet for one, but you can buy it later anyway).

Edited by JeffsonP

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/03/2017 at 8:01 AM, yiazmat50112254 said:

i don't have the izjs version, but was'nt there some tactic to gain higher chance to get the seitengrat?

Well, it some kind of RNG manipulation, if they use the same RNG formula, it could be easier.

On 10/02/2017 at 5:35 PM, NebbyLunala said:

I love the platinum picture showing Penelo. Shame I can't paste it on this post. :(

Also, the Imperator trophy probably will kill my desire to play this game. If none of you know about the trials, the 100th one is a re-match against all five Judges, and they have a zillion hit points and do all sorts of gimmicks to ensure you can't gimp your way to victory(they use Curaja on you if you use Reverse). It seems impossible to me. Then again, I'm complaining about Sly 3's RC missions, so I tend to be scared off by anything remotely challenging. Go ahead and ostracize me. :S

At least you don't have to get the Order of Ambrosia rank to get the platinum. Gawd, some of the stuff you have to do to complete the Sky Pirate's Den is annoying.

Luckily, it won't be coming out until July. (The event revealed that the game will come out for North America in July.)

Well, you can just farm Dark Energy (60k damage to all enemies), bye bye Judges. And it isn't a re-match. You can go to trials and beat them before finding you first judge in the main game. And you only fight 3 of the 5 Judge Magisters in the main game.