Quality Control

Sir-Syzygy

4 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

I think you are missing the point of the thread. It's not asking about whether you enjoy this or that game, it's asking whether the Store should offer games below a certain threshold of quality or not. 

I'm just super bad with words... :P 

The point of the topic was, if it is a good idea to get more Steam-Greenlight games into PS-Store. And that OP doesn't like the current situation. ...Not? :) 

2 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

The point of the topic was, if it is a good idea to get more Steam-Greenlight games into PS-Store. And that OP doesn't like the current situation. ...Not? :) 

Yes, the point being that Steam Greenlight games are generally regarded as being of lower quality. I thought he was going after the quality question - it's obvious that the PSN store won't end up exactly like Steam Greenlight because of the barriers to entry which are present on Sony's platform, like the ones that @DaivRules pointed out. 

4 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

I'm just super bad with words... :P 

Nah, you're not that bad. I can usually get your point! ;)

Just now, DARKB1KE said:

If it's released in retail on disk, it's AAA. 

That isn't the definition at all. Plenty of indies get a physical release now. All being on disc proves is that the developer or publisher thought they could make a return on a physical release, and had the money or credit to get a manufacturer to print them. 

the reason why people got pissed about this is because life of the black tiger been officially announced that it's coming to ps4 on Playstation own YouTube channel and thousand of people thought it's a joke but it's actually happen to be a real game that is considered to have the worst graphics ever seen on ps4... could be to date.

People are now questioning if the Playstation store will be the next victim of these garbage shovelware games after Steam got over run with them within just a year.

I believe Sony did ask a year or a few months ago if the Playstation users wanted a green light system on the Playstation store and every single being replied NO! right away, I guess Sony is actually doing it secretly which lead to stuff like this black tiger crap and a game called inner kung-fu, orc slayer, emily wants to play, gone home and that game I forgot what's it called that all its assets been stolen from other games and the background artwork at the start screen been stolen from someone's works from the Deviant art.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

If it's released in retail on disk, it's AAA. 

Japanese games are AAA? :awesome:

Yea, it is shit. PS Store is becoming Steam, we know that but there's nothing we can do about it.

Sony adapts this stance to be likable among indie developers. More money for them, less quality for us. Ideal outcome for Sony.

I don't know... More options seems like a good thing. As long as the game doesn't kill your equipment (like Jak X did to PS2 memory cards) then I don't care if it's on the store. Quality content will still be there, so what does it matter if there's also "trash" games. I'm an easily amused person (my enjoyment of Adam Sandler movies, adult swim mini-shows, and My Name Is Mayo speak to this.) so why should someone else's opinion that a game is "trash" stop me from buying it on my platform of choice?

As long as people do their research before buying a game--a thing that people should do for any product they wish to purchase--then they should know what they're buying ahead of time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Sony is taking a stance saying you can't sell a game on our store until it's finished.

Sony allows unfinished games on their store. Off the top of my head there's been The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead Season 2, The Walking Dead Season 3, The Walking Dead Michonne, Tales From The Borderlands, Hitman, The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Batman, and Life is Strange. All the devs need to do is call it "episodic" and they can release an unfinished product to the store.

5 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Sony allows unfinished games on their store. Off the top of my head there's been The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead Season 2, The Walking Dead Season 3, The Walking Dead Michonne, Tales From The Borderlands, Hitman, The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Batman, and Life is Strange. All the devs need to do is call it "episodic" and they can release an unfinished product to the store.

"episodic" when the games actually are episodic... I'd say episodic games are a different thing since they're released by competent devs and deliver on the promised episodes. Going by this logic, every game with season passes or DLCs after release are unfinished and shouldn't be sold on the storefront.

7 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

"episodic" when the games actually are episodic... I'd say episodic games are a different thing since they're released by competent devs and deliver on the promised episodes. Going by this logic, every game with season passes or DLCs after release are unfinished and shouldn't be sold on the storefront.

If the games were completely finished by the time they released the first episodes, I wouldn't call them unfinished. They can be completed beforehand and then still released episodically. None of the game I listed were finished before the first episode was released (except maybe Hitman as I'm not familiar with the game) and weren't finished until months or even a year after the first episode released.

And nowhere did I state that they shouldn't be on the store. I was simply giving an example of unfinished products being sold on the PS Store.

Edited by kuuhaku

2 hours ago, Neputyunu said:

I understand OPs point. It isn't about indies or something, it's just about "crap"games that are sometimes just designed for "LOL look what garbage I have found!"-Youtubers.

He/She/Apache just stated their opinion, and that is what forums are for. To share opinions, to have a discussion, to collect maybe some new talking-buddies.

Well, nobody can't say there are lots of trashgames, especially since PS4... Like "My Name Is Mayo". But, I do admit... I actually give no fuck about it. It's cheap? It has easy trophies? GIMME!

I really don't mind adding trash between AAAs, Js, Indies and whatever else I'm playing... I actually don't look at how "classy" a game is. Really. I'm playing for fun, and sometimes the most trashiest games are the most fun. It just happens. There was this game... ehm... Clustertruck, I guess. It's trophywise hard and it's a SteamGreenlight game too. But it actually looks like fun. So, why not? ;) I do admit, that I'm playing sometimes just for trophies, like Magus, but overall I'm playing for FUN. Yes, I'm playing Lego because I liked Lego (and never had much of it...) and these games are actually fun! (Well, except Ninjago... That's shit...)

Isn't that what games are for? To make you having fun? It doesn't really matter how it does look like, or what well-known brand name is on the cover. It doesn't matter what others say.

When >>> I <<< want to play My Namo Is Mayo, for trophybitching purposes, then I'm going to do that.

When >>> I <<< want to play Clustertruck, because it looks like fun, then I'm going to do that.

When >>> I <<< want to play Hyperdimension Neptunia, even though all the games are IMO trash, but I love the characters and the script, then I'm going to do that.

When >>> I <<< want to play Assassins Creed, even though more and more people start to hate it, but I still love the enviroment and I'm still interested in the present story / conspiracy theories, then I'm going to do that.

When >>> I <<< want to play some "real" Japanese games somewhen in the future, when I have the time to learn Japanese (I need to learn Spanish, maybe French, for school atm), and dumb ignorant people call me a weeb because they still don't know what it even means and use it mostly as racist prejudice insult against EVERYTHING that is Japanese (like the whole "never nuke a country twice!" garbage...), then FUCK PEOPLE and their retarded ignorant worldview, I'm going to do that anyway!

What I want to say is... Play what you want. It's your life. It's your time. It's your money. It's your taste. It's about YOU. Not about someone else.

It doesn't matter if GameMagazineX tells me The Last Of Us (example) is the best thing ever. I can accept that they see it like that (Even though I'm pretty sure most people are just playing "Blockbusters" and have a very... limited experience.) and I can accept that NaughtyDog fans are fanboying/fangirling around. It's their taste. It's their opinion. That should be respected. Most of us here on PSNP are adults, our minds should be developed enough to have a calm conversation, even when others have other opinions and an other taste. Easy.

My opinion on TLOU is: I don't like survivals, I don't like the setting (I watched LPs). I don't like zombies and whatever and I'm playing games for fun, not for being afraid of them. (You will never see me playing a horror game, except maybe PsychologicalHorror. ...Telltale games are okay though)....Also I hate multiplayer (socialphobia), so it's unplatinumable for me anyway... I still need these goddamn heists in GTA5 on PS3!!! *cries*

Also, keep in mind... How often are western GameMags reporting about Japanese games? I don't know, I'm just following the English EU PS Blog, because the community on the GER blog is way too offensive, superficial, simple...I'm looking daily into a German forums (PS4-magazin.de), just as guest though, because nearly all of the members there are unsympathetic for me. Also, when they are talking about J-games it's just about Naruto, OnePiece, Final Fantasy and DragonBall. Everything else is instantly "wtf Japan!", "who plays such a garbage? xD", "It's just about boobs!", "lol way too colorful... kidsgame" etc etc.

But, you know what? I spent, according to AnimePlanet, over 4 months of lifetime with watching anime. How many fucks I'm giving about boobs? Zero. Seriously. Women like Vert (Hyperdimension Neptunia) are ugly imo and the art style of One Piece is just horrible, because every woman that is adult, and not a granny, has boobs bigger than her head and their waists look like they should see a doctor asap. I don't like it and I'm not watching it because of that. I'm watching One Piece because it's a childhood thing (It's from 1999 or something...) and I want to know how it ends.

Have haters ever considered that? No, they havn't, because majority of the population is simple and superficial. As said. Hyperdimension Neptunia plays like shit (but the original first game on PS3 was interesting though.) and the older games even look like shit. But I love them. Because it isn't important how something does look like. It's about how much it is enjoyable for YOU. When you can get joy out of a trashgame it may be still trash, but it was fun. It was good trash! (and worth some trophies... :P)

So... my opinion on this is... Just let the SteamGreenlight games come, as long these games are 100%able, game- AND trophywise.

635993140157878172-541430240_excitement.

It's not the scene I wanted from everybody loves raymond, but it's close enough. 

Well said! 

8 minutes ago, Vincentto said:

I'd like to know what exactly is the EXACT definition of a quality game. 

This might fall into the category of obscenity. As Potter Stewart so eloquently said (and I paraphrase): 

" I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description ["quality video games"], and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the game involved in this case is not that."

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Quality content will still be there, so what does it matter if there's also "trash" games. I'm an easily amused person (my enjoyment of Adam Sandler movies.. ) 

Wait... Are we implying Adam Sandler movies are trash... :(

There's only been a few that didn't meet my expectations imo..... :(

2 hours ago, Neputyunu said:

As said. Hyperdimension Neptunia plays like shit (but the original first game on PS3 was interesting though.) and the older games even look like shit. But I love them. Because it isn't important how something does look like. It's about how much it is enjoyable for YOU. When you can get joy out of a trashgame it may be still trash, but it was fun. It was good trash! (and worth some trophies... :P)

So... my opinion on this is... Just let the SteamGreenlight games come, as long these games are 100%able, game- AND trophywise.

Man, are you really comparing HDN games to the trash games the OP and others are talking about? That's cold! Personally, I think the gameplay in HDN is mostly very fun and no comparison to these garbage games. I mean, come on, I know they're not in the same category as AAA stuff but at least they're getting localized and are actually paying money to actors to dub lines in languages other than Japanese (not sure if they have voices besides Japanese and English but at least it's one extra dub). That's a far cry from games made by one guy in his college dorm. But hey, at least you love them and have a Nep avatar, that's all that matters at the end of the day! :)

I don't mind seeing trash games on PSN, as long as they are complete. Games that have less than 5 stars average are pretty good indicator of trash games. I do think PSN should add user reviews though, but I usually checked other sources before purchase anyway. That being said, I've certainly bought my fair share of 

I have no idea who has enough free time and patience to pay for Early Alpha games but I think it's a horrible trend that needs to stop (and probably won't). I remember the days when people got to beta test for free. In fact, I still have my Neverwinter Nights beta discs somewhere (on a funny note, I joined that beta late and got the discs about a week before the game went live, so I got to playtest it exactly once :) ).