Quality Control

Sir-Syzygy

1 hour ago, Xionx said:

My point is that like dragon fin soup they make a trophy glitchfest. And after months they say " sorry but we dont fix the game anymore , but we release a new version you can buy for XX $ and we think its maybe less buggy than "

Why do people keep spreading this hoax? Grimm Bros has repeatedly said they're still working to patch the PS ports. Even when the port was done by Blitworks, not Grimm, I bet you didn't know that :) The last time they said so was just yesterday.

http://dragonfinsoup.com/wp/wordpress/?p=379

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

If you surround yourself with garbage...people see you as garbage.

Which is a good thing.

It's like having an anime avatar on Facebook. People will insult you, tell you that you are a weeb and that you would see women as a sexobject and whatever...

So, you can sort people out very easily... It's the first layer of protection. And it was soooo easy. With zero effort from your side! ;) 

I mean, seriously, when someone doesn't know me and tells me I'm pro rape just because I'm a manga fan in their opinion (never read a manga in my life, except that one the brother of a former buddy made.), then, fuck them. Why should I even bother with them? And when I can put them on ignore (Have 1500+ people on ignore on Facebook. Mostly "Fucking weebs!" and "You sexist!" people that just don't like my avatar.) before I'm wasting my time with them it's even better... :P 

Just because other people see something as garbage doesn't mean it has to be garbage for you too.

Like, McDonalds or BurgerKing eg. It's often called "JUNK"food and you see everywhere on the internet people hating it and wish that you are dying from it (thank you?!), for whatever reason. Some of them just say it because it's American, and, the whole world is hating the US for some good reasons but mostly for dumb and purely racist reasons. 

But I love "junkfood". And I'm ordering at both. Because both have their pro and cons. Burger King has better burgers, and McDonalds has better fries (imo). I like my garbage!

Why should your garbage be better than mine? And I don't like beer, it's garbage imo, even though I'm in my late 20s. Weird, right? Why should I care about what others think about me?

(Yes, yes, I know it is weird that this comes from me, because everyone knows I have "nobody likes me..."-complexes... But... I don't know... many times I'm really not giving any fuck about when eg someone leaving me. Meanwhile I'm not even sad about it anymore.)

12 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

A lot of it could be fixed if the store had the "keyboard" style search function like when you type a message to someone. That's been a major complaint I've had since this store launched. The for you section doesn't work at all either

I'm doing my shopping on PC and add everything to the download queu... qeueu... queuue... list... thingy...

Why even bother? :) 

9 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

Friends are overrated.

True dat.

1 hour ago, Xionx said:

My point is that like dragon fin soup they make a trophy glitchfest.

Which is one of the reasons why I'm looking at a trophyguide first. :) 

They don't spoiler the game as long you are only reading missable trophies. And you are informed about what to do, from a trophy collecting viewpoint.

Still, you don't know what is waiting for you from a gamers viewing point, because, as said, no spoilers or how the game is working. 

I started Atelier Rorona somewhen, after I scrolled over a trophy guide and I have no idea what (and how) I have to do... xD I mean, the game is telling you what to do, but not really how, and there is a time limit too.

11 minutes ago, ars said:

Why do people keep spreading this hoax? Grimm Bros has repeatedly said they're still working to patch the PS ports. Even when the port was done by Blitworks, not Grimm, I bet you didn't know that :) The last time they said so was just yesterday.

http://dragonfinsoup.com/wp/wordpress/?p=379

Jeah they repeatly say they still working on it , but nothing happens so far and game is out long enough. And every time they dont fix it they say its not there fault , its fault of port team.

At the end the game is still buggy and nothing happens.  So my statement still stands. Its something that shouldnt happens and i gave up on the game.

Just now, ars said:

What? Your statement doesn't stand when you accuse a studio of dropping the ball when all their publicity points otherwise.

Only because they say they work on it ?  they said that 1 year ago too.  Sorry but you should not believe everything said on the internet.  But you circle around my main statement only because i took dragon fin soup as example.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xionx said:

Sony should but more controls on games and i think quality checks should include trophies or savegamecorruptions

I agree that Sony should do more to check that the games comply with function requirements, e.g. trophies and saves, etc. That should already be part of the certification process. (One thing to mention though is that sometimes these issues are only discovered once a large playerbase starts playing the game.)

But I wouldn't extend this to Sony having any say over whether a game is "good" in an artistic sense, as some on this thread are suggesting. Whether a game is "good" in that sense will be up to the individual customer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neputyunu said:

I'm doing my shopping on PC and add everything to the download queu... qeueu... queuue... list... thingy...

Why even bother? :) 

I am always surprised at how many people don't seem to know how much better the PC PSN store is than any of the console stores. I'm glad somebody else gets it. :)

That being said, all of Sony's digital stores need improvement, especially in the download list. The PC store needs search filters, like "platform" (you can choose platform when buying, so why not downloading?) and "purchase date range". I would love to have those 2 improvements, especially since I have such a large backlog. It's fine when I know what game I want to download, but if I want to browse the games I've purchased over the years, I have to keep clicking through the main list. And why in the name of all that is holy does the Vita download list show PS3 games? The PS4 download list only shows PS4 games, so clearly Sony has figured this shit out. I know Sony doesn't spend much effort on their older platforms, but the DLC downloading system is so easy on PS4 (where you can even download it along with the game). How much effort would it really take to replicate that on PS3 and Vita? 

I see this topic has exploded, and there are some good points being made. I don't think Sony needs to do real quality control on their titles. I just don't think that is workable. Every store that has tried to curate software still has a good amount of stuff that could be considered trash. Some people's definition of that is pretty broad as it is; I see people posting in the PS Blog complaining about indie trash, when there are quite a few excellent indie games that I'd rather play over a lot of AAA games. If Axiom Verge and Thomas Was Alone are indie trash, then I say "MORE PLEASE". The only games I really don't think Sony should ever add are unfinished games, like early release alphas. Leave that shit on PC where people seem to like it. 

I do think it would be cool if Sony added user reviews beyond the star rating though. Gamers could check out reviewers on PSN to see all the games they've reviewed, and find favorite reviewers that have similar tastes. It would be especially valuable because it would be other gamers reviewing games on Sony platforms, using the same controls and versions of each game. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

49 minutes ago, Xionx said:

But you circle around my main statement only because i took dragon fin soup as example.

That is why I wrote "(example)" after I have mentioned TLOU, because the name doesn't matter and it was just a placeholder. 

Otherwise some people would have had interpreted it as me randomly hating on the-best-game-ever. :P 

7 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I am always surprised at how many people don't seem to know how much better the PC PSN store is than any of the console stores. That being said, all of their stores need improvement, especially in the download list. The PC store needs search filters, like "platform" (you can choose platform when buying, so why not downloading?) and "purchase date range". I would love to have those 2 improvements, especially since I have such a large backlog. It's fine when I know what game I want to download, but if I want to browse the games I've purchased over the years, I have to keep clicking through the main list. And why in the name of all that is holy does the Vita download list show PS3 games? The PS4 download list only shows PS4 games, so clearly Sony has figured this shit out. I know Sony doesn't spend much effort on their older platforms, but the DLC downloading system is so easy on PS4 (where you can even download it along with the game). How much effort would it really take to replicate that on PS3 and Vita? 

It would also be nice to have a filter "Show Extras". So that we could browse the list without DLCs and avatars.

• 2 years later...
On 1/25/2017 at 9:14 PM, The Shopkeeper said:

You were talking about not willing to pay for free games and implying wanting quality control though, while StrickenBiged is saying that having those games and paying for them is fine, but some additional form of finding out which titles you'd actually like is needed. Those two opinions are kind of different.

Um, yeah... That's what @Crispy78923 said?

The thing is now is we’re getting a lot of shovelware type games from Steam and crappy indie titles that only attract people who just want those platinum trophies. 

There’s more choice now than there ever was in the past. Video games, movies, music, books, there’s enough out there to last you several lifetimes. 

But there’s a ton of shit out there. For every critically acclaimed show like Breaking Bad there are about 8 - 10 shitty ones. For every game that is highly rated like The Last of Us and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, there’s around 10 - 20 shitty video games that only a few people will ever get. Same goes with movies. 

There are AAA games like Marvel’s Spider-Man and Days Gone that I wholeheartedly plan to play and enjoy. There’s a lot of AAA games I couldn’t care less for. Destiny 2, Anthem, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, they don’t interest me. 

A number of niche titles like Yakuza Kiwani look interesting, and frankly probably more original than a lot of AAA games. Of course, you can’t go wrong with playing a retro, old school Metroidvania, or a Soulsborne game. 

Back in the PS3/360 era there seemed to be a standard that the games had to be presentable, yet still enjoyable. Shovelware crap and obvious blatant indie ripoffs were usually restricted to Steam. Today it’s any piece of shit that has a trophy list with the only variable being that it’s not completely broken. Such games now easily make their way on PSN, and some of these developers make multiple stacks of the same games because their primary audience is the trophy hunters. 

As much shit as I’ve given towards AAA games and their reliance on trying to suck more money out of people, especially Ubisoft, there’s still a set standard that they have to follow.

To me in my honest opinion, it seems like trophies may be the culprit. I'm seeing all these little games costing way too much for what they are, but people are snapping them up without waiting for sales just because it's an easy plat for an hour or two's worth of work. I think some of them look kind of fun and cute, and some of them look like complete garbage, and I'm absolutely not paying more than $3 for one that I'm going to finish in less than an afternoon. (Also, I'm in Canada so a lot of the prices for games are quite a bit higher).

Edited by coldsphinx93